November 27, 2014 | 1304 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Soft Touch Shadow Pencil- Dark Rite

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Twee74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

How disappointing! It looked so pretty in the pencil. It's pricey so I had to pick between this or nars trash purple. Having never bought the pencil eye shadows before I was really looking forward to this . It goes on great, and looks more purple-blue as the blue-black I was expecting.for reference I am nc42 mac,bobbi brown honey/5,and nars sheer glow Syracuse,nars tinted moisturiser Cuba .
Well it creased within about 5 minutes. So I blended it with the 217 mac and reapplied. Took about20 mins and then I had definite lines! Awful!
And that smell,it smells like old cooking oil,or Vaseline that has burnt.
Love the colour,so very very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

This is an eye shadow pencil that has a nice texture and fair staying power. It is a midnight blue leaning toward navy that provides enough of a contrast for blue eyes, as most blues are not going give blue eyes the distinction they deserve. I like this pencil because I use it to draw a line in an arc slightly above my crease. I then go over it with Lhasa shadow or MAC Grain. This is a look and you either can pull it off or you can't but if it works for you give it a try. It's quick and makes a modern statement but in a minimalist kind of way. The kind of look that is interesting and pulls you in.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dark Rite is a beautiful, deep midnight blue shade with a dash of shimmer that really pops against my brown eyes. It applies easily and has a cream-to matte consistency on the skin. I like to use this as an eyeliner but it's also great to use as a one-color smokey blue eye look. It's easy to blend which makes it easy to use with other colors. I've used this with Giorgio Armani's Blast of Blue ETKI and received many compliments on the look. I strongly recommend this for a stunningly beautiful addition to any collection.