October 30, 2014 | 1115 users online

Powder - Ruby Kisses - Mineral Powder - Cognac

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Why do people start new and title reviews for a particular shade? It should be for the product overall then you can reference the specific shade in your actual review. I wish MUA wouldn't allow this.

Anyway, I've read good things about this and bought it in Ebony. I will update once I've worn it a few more days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by thagan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great powder because it is inexpensive and it matches my skin tone perfectly. It does not look ashy or changes color once it mixes with the oil on my skin. I only had to blot my nose once after five hours and I have very oily skin. I use Cognac as my contour and use chestnut as my all over powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by prettywoman46

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased my first compact @ two years ago and really did not use it that much. However, I recently tried it out again with the 3D Face Creator and I really liked the finished look. The only draw back would be the excessive powder fallout. I picked up a new compact today for $5 and the packaging stated that it was an improved formula. OMG!!!! The new formula reminds me of a creamy powder. It is smooth and no more powder fallout. This is definitely a dupe of MAC Studio Fix Powder plus Foundation. Except this version is not cakey. Since just purchased today, I will update this review after I have worn for a full work day. For color reference, I am NC 45 in MAC and I purchased Caramel for my overall color, Honey Brown for contour and Golden Honey as my highlight color. Buy Cognac if you want a more intense contour. $15 for three different powders! I think I have found my HG setting powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by adriennesmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG. I've found my new favorite setting powder. After putting on my Loreal True Match foundation, I set it with the Ruby Kisses Mineral Powder in Caramel to obtain a flawless look. The application can get a little messy due to excess fallout but you simply cannot beat the price which is around 5 bucks. I find it similar to MAC Mineralized Skin Finish at a fraction of the cost. I will definitely continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 9:17:00 PM More reviews by GlamDivaAshlei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

i absolutely love this product, I use it for contouring only its like 2 shades darker than my complexion and I usually use mac's blunt, but to me this one blends better for contouring, hands down I will continue to use this; I absolutely love the price .. i dont like the clear packaging because it seem to get dirty but other than that.. this is my HG FOR CONTOURING!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by dawndie23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

**EDIT*** 4/26/13
So I found after I lost my summer color Cognac was a little too dark for me. I ended up using it during the winter as a very nice, subtle bronzer/contour. Since I use liquid or cream foundations during the drier winter months I didn't try this in a lighter color. I will absolutely go back to using this once I get a little more sun for the summer however. This is still a fantastic powder.
**EDIT***

This one passed the "High Noon" sun test!!!!

Wow! I spent 1/2 the day outdoors last week and forgot to bring my pressed powder to blot. I stopped at a local beauty supply shop and decided to give this a try just for kicks. The price was right ($3.50) and it was so nice to see a display of colors that cater to women of color.

I bought RMP15-Cognac and this stuff disappeared into my skin. The color was a true match for my skintone and it totally eliminated the shine on my T-Zone. I was outdoors for the next 4 hours, cloudless sky and I could not tell that I had this stuff on my face! Cognac has a slight reddish undertone that suits my darker, summer complexion perfectly. I am definately going to try a lighter color once my summer glow starts to fade.

This comes in 8 shades. You get a very generous 10 grams of product. Mine did not come with a sponge (some do) but I picked one up at the counter for $.50 and it fit perfectly in the compact.

I first wore this powder over my liquid foundation and it provided a long-lasting, full-coverage look. I also wear it alone, over a spot concealer application and it looks even better on its own! It completely fades away any discolorations or marks and just seems to become like an extension of my natural skin. It does not look powdery, cakey or ashy. If I want a 'dewy' look, then I just mist some Fix+ over the top.

It lasts me about 8 hours, I only have to blot a couple of times. This powder is marketed for sensitive/acne-prone skin (it has .5% Salicylic Acid). I've had no breakouts using this powder. The compact is simple and sleek.

I highly recommend my darker complexion friends give this wonderful product a try before shelling out major money at a dept. store for something that is not formulated for your skintone. I've found some of Ruby Kisses products to be hit or miss, but the Mineral Powder is a definite Hit for me.