August 28, 2014 | 1171 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Konjac Sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 2:38:00 AM More reviews by yolanda71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I learned for this sponge accidentally. I bought it and i am completely satisfied. I use it alone for gentle exfoliation or with liquid facial soap for a deep cleaning. It helps me a lot with my rough skin (due dermatitis). I saw big improvement. I use it daily. I bought it from hqhair.com.
I will buy it again because it became stable product for my beauty routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by elajean

I almost love these entirely.

I use the French Pink Clay Konjac sponge from MyKonjac. I use two, actually, to alternate so that each has time to dry between uses. This is because I learned the hard way: if you don't let the babies dry completely, they start to smell like an old dish rag pretty quickly. This is one thing I hate about it. The other thing is that I can't hang them in my bathroom because the ventilation sucks, so I have to hang them in my bedroom and they're not exactly pretty. But doubling up and decorating the house with them is totally worth it because of the results.

I cleanse with just water and my konjac sponge in the AM. It exfoliates just enough to get any dead skins cells my skin may have shed in the night off of my face and leaves my otherwise tired, dull, dehydrated skin looking polished, bright and feeling INCREDIBLY SOFT. This is the key, right here - I have NEVER felt my skin this soft before Konjac. It's like silk. I highly recommend using the konjac sponge with water alone in the AM.. get the grime off at night and this is all you'll need. Of course it can also be used with a cleanser.

And MORE: I swear this speeds up the lightening of red marks left from my blemishes. I strategically use vitamin C serums and honey and turmeric masks and AHAs and I wear my sunblock like a good little lady, and these things all help in time, but get a Konjac sponge and watch those things just fade fast! And this might make the Konjac sound kinda harsh - it's NOT, Konjac sponges are the softest! Fear not, baby-sensitive skin, even you can handle this!

So IN A NUTSHELL: Konjac is a very useful tool for gentle, soap-free cleansing and mild exfoliation that helps to SOFTEN SOFTEN SOFTEN, brighten, and even out the skin tone.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Turtleonfire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this has brought me out in itchy lumps under the skin-surface.
I got a green one directly from Hong Kong via ebay. I was mostly interested in removing dead skin cells from the surface of my skin which don't seem to shift with normal cleansing or my mild exfoliating cream.

I love how Konjac feels to use and am fascinated by the squidgy, slimyness of it! The first 3 times found it made my skin temporarily glow but stay lovely, smoother and a bit shiny - polished. My fiance commented on how good my skin looked. By the time I'd left the bathroom my skin would feel a bit dry so I'd quickly put moisturizer on.

Unfortuntely after the fourth use I woke up with bumps under my skin. Some of them went red after the fifth use and I woke up with an itchy, bumpy face. I've stopped using it (for 24 hours so far) and they're still there and itchy.

My facial skin normally tolerates different products, but it doesn't seem to like this. I don't know if I had a dud one or it reacts wierdly to my moisturizer (Olay regenerist), but I'd say don't try this out before a major function like a party or a wedding!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by Luuuna

I was beyond skeptical when i first saw this funny little sponge. Based solely on its appearance, i thought it was just another useless so-called cleaning facial tool. Before i was using this product, i was using a high-end chemical peel that claims to exfoliate your skin, brightens it blah blah and it is really, really pricey. Believe it or not, this sponge actually does more than that high-end chemical peel! Yes,shocking, i know.

Please bear in mind that I am by no means saying that this sponge is a miracle product and it works on everyone's skin but in all honesty this sponge makes my face silky smooth, brightens, even out my skin tone and it doesn't break me out. I used to clean my face with this sponge very morning and night but found out that it was a bit too harsh so now i only use it every night. This sponge is now an integral part of my skincare regimen.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by hebrides

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on good reviews. I gave it a try for a few nights but I'm not crazy about it. I find it has no scrubbing action at all. A small face brush or Buf-puf type of scrubber will both do more to deep clean the skin. It simply isn't worth the hassle. You rinse it, wash your face with it, rinse it and hang to dry. It always feel slightly slimy and it's not really helping with my deep cleansing at all. Note: I threw it out after a few weeks. Useless!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by RaeRenae

I will never be without a Konjac sponge. Don't spend your money on the brand name sponges, they are all the same! I got mine at a natural grocery store for about five dollars. I bought the charcoal one which is supposed to help oily skin, and I have been pleasantly surprised. It feels really nice on my skin and makes it so smooth without being too harsh. To be perfectly honest, I find myself reaching past my clarisonic to use my Konjac sponge. It's cheap and it really does help my oily skin without drying it out, plus I find myself using significantly less cleanser because this helps it foam up more than my hands. Love love love.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by abluesgirl

It's a really nice cleansing tool. I have the charcoal one and I use it with my cleanser. Just beware, these only cost 3 dollars in Korea (where I live). I paid 9 pounds on Cult Beauty and got totally ripped off. They are so cheap in Asia.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by GlamSheep

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm probably the only person who didn't have a good experience with this product. My skin did feel pretty smooth after using it, but after about 3-4 days use my skin would be extremely irritated and break out. I might purchase the one for sensitive skin because I'm about 5 months post-accutane which might be the culprit. The only thing I feel it does well is remove most of the gunk from my pores on my nose which is only a good thing because it's the only product I have used that's done so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by magnisky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Firstly, I think the picture that makeupalley has for this product is wrong. I have the half sphere shape that is white. I guess look it up on another site?...okay, so this sponge is pretty much aaaaaawesome! No kidding, this is probably better for the skin than the clarisonic which has so much hype. And it is completely natural. So how do you use? You wet it first (it's a lot like the beauty blender in a way) then, use your favorite cleanser (right now, I am digging the clarins one step cleanser) and wash! After you get done washing, omg, your skin probably has never felt so smooth in so little time ever! For people with sensitive skin, you are in luck, because it is almost guaranteed to not break you out. Even though it is so gentle, it is truly one of the best exfoliators out there. Remember to hang dry it after use, in non-humid area.

FYI, if you don't want to spend that much on a sponge, and you are not sure it is worth the investment, not to worry because you can buy konjac sponges from various different companies online. Not only Boscia. They will be much cheaper and some even come in variety of cleansing formulas (e.g. Charcoal, moisturizing, etc.)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by laizagrace

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This one is heavenly. I am using the pink one for sensitive skin.

It does not promise it takes away makeup. In fact it says to take off makeup from face. I use it after I take all make up away. In circular motion I massage it all over my face including the back of my ears and my neck and nape. Because of the cold weather now I like to soak it in warm water. It does not only relax me but also exfoliates my skin. The soft lovely texture of the sponge helps in the blood circulation.

When I pat my face dry, I then proceed to my usual moisturizer. It is important to moisturize! If you don't it has tendency to dry up your skin after you use anything that exfoliates your skin.

My skin has brightened and even I've been looking for something that does exfoliate but harmless. Will buy it again.^^