August 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Kohl eyeliner

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by sueroy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Probably the worst eyeliner i have EVER used!I bought the dark brown one so that i could use it on my waterline but it FAILED to appear on my waterline after several applications.Added to that it was so waxy that i could not apply it on my lids,along with that horrible cone-ish structure which ensured that i stabbed myself in the eye or got eyeliner all over me.The pigmentation is the WORST,last but not the least.Overall its a BAD BAD eyeliner which i threw away after a couple of uses.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Possibly my worst eye liner purchase ever. This is awkward to hold, it's hard and waxy, and has poor pigmentation. I got this in black and it's a very faded black. One smudge and it's grey instead of black. The pencil part is cone shaped and I imagine it would get blunt quickly with continued use since you can't sharpen it. The worst part is that this is irritating beyond belief. Avon advertises this as wearable on the waterline but whenever I've tried that, I could not wait to get this stuff off. It makes my eyes look red and feel irritated very quickly when worn on the waterline. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lots of mainstream western beauty brands have been launching kajal style kohl eyeliners lately, and one of the newest editions is Avon's. Avon claims that their new eyeliner makes "smokey eyes even smokier with ultra versatile kohl eyeliner. With intense, easy to smudge pigments, this velvety soft cream liner can be used along the inside rim of the eye." Avon offers six shades of Kohl Eyeliner, I chose Brown Black. I bought my eyeliner for the introductory price for $3.50, it now sells for $7, full price. This eyeliner contains 1g (.035oz) of product. Avon does not test on animals, except in the East Asian market. This product was made in America.
Like most Avon products, this Kohl Eyeliner came packaged in a black cardboard box. This little box provides plenty of product information, directions, and a full ingredient list. The product is housed in a black plastic casing that's quite thin at the bottom and widens out near the top. The name of the product is written on the tube in white lettering. A clear plastic cap snaps on firmly, protecting the product from drying out. This eyeliner is quite pointed, like most kajals, but there's no way to sharpen it, so it'll get blunt pretty quickly. More product twists up, but I have a feeling that there isn't very much unexposed product.
Avon's Kohl Eyeliner has a disappointing texture. When I think of kohl and kajal eyeliners, I think of rich, soft, super creamy, super pigmented eyeliner. Avon's kohl isn't awful, it's just awfully average. It feels just like their Glimmerstick eyeliners. It's kinda dry for a creamy product, and pulls only a little bit along the lash line. This eyeliner is smudgable, but once again, no more so than any other Avon eyeliner. You need to press hard for significant color payoff. Avon says that you can use this product on the waterline and yes, it applies comfortably, but the color payoff on the inner rim is minimal at best. Avon's Kohl Eyeliner doesn't last all day. I usually get about 5-6 hours of wear from Avon's Brown Black Kohl before it starts to fade away. Brown Black is a nice, flattering, every day shade. I would definitely recommend it over the five other shades. Brown Black is a pretty apt name for this color, it's a deep brown with a dark grey undertone.
Avon's Kohl Eyeliner in Brown Black is just ok. I generally really like Avon eyeliners, but this one was a miss for me. That being said, I reach for it fairly often because I like the color. The texture isn't anything like a kohl should be, it's borderline wax, really. To me it seems like Avon's Kohl is a rehashing of their Glimmersticks eyeliner, just in a larger form. I don't recommend this product, especially not for full price. I won't be repurchasing this product either. Avon makes much better eyeliners than this one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Purchased on sale in the plum color. The eyeliner was hard and already dried out when I opened the seal on it. Hard, waxy with very little color payoff.