E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush

on 10/1/2015 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Bought this after all the good reviews, I cannot understand the hype. This is the most pokey brush that I had ever used. Tried it to blend my concealer but did not work so I used it on my cheek, it was still uncomfortable. Quite bad indeed. The other brush, the Elf flawless concealer brush was a better bet for me, so soft.

I use this brush for my cream blush right at the center of my cheeks. The brush is excellent for precision placement. It doesn't break the bank either.

on 9/22/2015 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

They're about $3 at Target, but their quality is pretty good for the price. I use this brush to apply my Bobbi Brown corrector over my undereye dark circles (and then use a damp Real Techniques beauty sponge to blend out the edges). It works well with full coverage concealers (MUFE's) to diminish the appearance of acne scars and you accomplish this by a crosshatching motion. I also use this brush for blending in cream blushes (Revlon's) on my cheeks. These brushes may shed minimally, but they are decent and budget friendly brushes to use. I don't use any other brush, but these as they never let me down during my makeup routine. They're easy to wash with a little baby shampoo, coconut oil and warm water.

on 9/13/2015 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a good brush for when I do my highlight on my face. It's too small for foundation but it is also good for concealer. It has nice, soft bristles and is super easy to clean. It does not shed and is at a great price point.

Very good brush, especially taking into account the price you pay. Being quite dense it works well with creamy highlighters.

on 8/30/2015 2:47:00 PM

This is a $3 brush. It is similar in looks to the MAC 130, and I just don't love it. Do I regret purchasing it? I wouldn't necessarily say that. Would I buy it again? Definitely not. I find it's too small to apply foundation and doesn't apply blush particularly well. It also really doesn't work as a stippling brush, as thatjenchick articulated. Sorry to be a party pooper. I'm all for a bargain, but I can definitely live without this brush.

on 8/30/2015 1:56:00 PM

This is a decent brush. Good density, not flimsy, haven't had any shedding. However I do have one big problem with this brush; I dont think it qualifies as a stippling brush!!!!
The idea behind the duo fiber stippling brush is that you have the thick black bristles at the base that provide structure and density to the brush. Then you have the longer, much finer white bristles that stick out on top and those bristles are supposed to do the actual blending and give a seamless finish.

On this brush though, the white bristles are to short and a quite a few of the black bristles stick up almost the same length as the white ones. As a result you're never going to get application or blending without both types of bristles (the white and the black) touching down on the face. This makes it close to a regular brush with a flat top. The white bristles are a nice addition though and do help with blending, they just dont do it on their own so you won't get that airbrushed finish.

I've used this for cream blush and i like it for that, but again, I would have liked it more if it was an actual stippling brush. It also works for blending foundation, but for me personally it's too small and takes to long. With foundation it reminds me of their flat powder brush, only it's much smaller and doesn't suck up product the same way while blending.

Compared to their regular stippling brush:
It is a real step up from their regular sized stipple brush. I would say the two are not even comparable. The regular stippling brush clearly has longer white bristles, so in that way it resembles a real stippling brush more, however its so sparse and flimsy (nothing like the small one) and as a result it can't blend any kind of liquid.

It is a good brush, and if you are aware that this will not perform like a stippling brush and still think you can find use for it (like for foundation or blending concealer), you should definitely buy it, because it is very good brush considering the price.

I'm giving it 3 lippies instead of 4 because it does not perform like a stippling brush. It does have other uses, but I personally dont need a "regular" brush of this size and shape and thus would not have bought it had I known that it was just going to perform like a regular brush.

on 8/30/2015 12:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I can't fathom how this brush has gotten so many good reviews. In my opinion it's a disaster. I bought two of them based on the good reviews and they both shedded the first time I used them. I say: splurge the extra $5 and pick up the Real Techniques Stippling Brush. I own a few of them and have never been disappointed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my go to brush. I have one at home, one in my makeup bag and one in my kit. Literally, can't live without it. Used best when blending my concealer and popping in some high light. For only $3 it's worth a try but even better it's worthy every penny!

on 8/26/2015 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love the E.L.F. studio small stipple brushes so much that I have three of them in my arsenal of brushes.
They're so versatile and I use them to apply primer, foundation and cream blush. I like the small size in particular for cream blushes which helps me control the placement.
After a number of washes, they still have their shape and no shedding.

E.L.F. has some great makeup brushes and the prices can't be beat.
They're great for makeup newbies who are building their brush collection and for long time makeup lovers.

Popular Makeup Brushes