E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush

4.5

on 7/9/2015 11:49:00 PM

THis is a GREAT Brush! I own both the MAC 187 and 188, and to be honest, I feel this brush performs the same as those two for powder at least. It lasted me through about 6 washings so far, and sadly I messed it up because I melted the bristles after I held my blow dryer too close to dry it. I won't repurchase this since I have the Mac brushes, but this is absolutely a steal for function and form!

on 6/28/2015 3:52:00 PM

Love this brush! I bought 2.One is for cream blush and the other is for highlighter. It also works great to smooth out foundation in corners of nose and eyes. Will definitely buy again if i ever have to replace it. Works as well as my larger mac187 brush, only smaller!!!

on 6/27/2015 6:39:00 PM

This is Sooo unbelievably soft! It feels like a little bunny tail and it applies cream blush Like. A. Dream. It blends beautifully and feels so nice in my hand

on 6/22/2015 11:43:00 PM

I love all the ELF Studio brushes. I mean they are super inexpensive around 3$ a piece . But i have to say this is my least favorite, i dont reach for it as much but it is really good im not saying its not. Usually when i use this, i use it to apply highlighter on my cheeks. The only negative thing i have to say or more so advice is when washing this brush don't be so harsh because that was my mistake and i scrubbed it to hard that the top came off of the handle but overall great brush if taken good care of!

on 4/27/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I used to be afraid of cream blush because I could never figure out a way to apply it without looking ridiculous, but this brush might just be a game changer for me. I bought this on a total whim without knowing anything about it. A total impulse buy. But it ultimately turned out to be a good thing, because as many others before me have said, this works amazingly well for cream blush. I thought it would be too small, but it's actually the perfect size. It applies evenly and you can easily build up to the finish that you're looking for. $3 well spent.

on 4/14/2015 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is perfect for cream blush and highlighters! I own a few because I love it so much :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this makeup brush! I love pretty much all of the ELF studio brushes and this one is no exception. It is perfect for applying cream blushes and contours and does not shed at all. I would most definately repurchase this if I ever lost it!

on 4/3/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite elf brushes. It's perfect for cream blush and blends everything flawlessly. I usually stipple a little bit of the blush on the cheeks and then buff it. Unless you push the brush into the product with the force of a thousand suns, then it creates nice sheer coverage that you can build up however you like.

The super soft hairs don't shed after frequent washing, the handle is great quality just like the rest of the Studio brushes.

10/10

on 3/31/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this brush with intention of using it for cream blush after watching Emily Noel's raving reviews on YouTube. Perhaps because of her raves and the favorable reviews here, I had rather high expectations of the product. I found the brush to be a little heavy handed for cream blush- I ended up with tiny dots of blusher on my cheeks if I stippled, and blending with the brush caused my liquid foundation to shift.

BUT after some experimentation I found another cool use for this brush! It's perfect for powder contour / bronzer on your jawline and under your cheekbones! The brush isn't too dense so the contouring looks natural,and the small brush size means it's targeted enough contouring. I'd been eyeing the face contouring brush from ELF, but I think this does a good enough job for me to skip buying that (since it costs double!)

Slight quibble: I found the brush to be slightly rough, though YMMV. I'm pretty sensitive to brush softness - for reference,I found sigma's sigmax brushes (e.g. f82) to be softest, and Real Techniques brushes to be less-soft-but-ok. This brush BARELY makes the cut on softness for me. Can't fault it though as it's really cheap!

on 2/19/2015 8:39:00 PM

I purchased this brush on a whim to use for my cream blush. I have to say that I am surprised and very happy with the performance of this brush. It makes applying and blending the cream blush so easy. The bristles are soft, but with enough density to do the job. It does not shed and washes well. I may have to get a second one for concealer.

Popular Makeup Brushes