E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush

4.5

on 4/14/2015 12:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is perfect for cream blush and highlighters! I own a few because I love it so much :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this makeup brush! I love pretty much all of the ELF studio brushes and this one is no exception. It is perfect for applying cream blushes and contours and does not shed at all. I would most definately repurchase this if I ever lost it!

on 4/3/2015 8:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

One of my favourite elf brushes. It's perfect for cream blush and blends everything flawlessly. I usually stipple a little bit of the blush on the cheeks and then buff it. Unless you push the brush into the product with the force of a thousand suns, then it creates nice sheer coverage that you can build up however you like.

The super soft hairs don't shed after frequent washing, the handle is great quality just like the rest of the Studio brushes.

10/10

on 3/31/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I bought this brush with intention of using it for cream blush after watching Emily Noel's raving reviews on YouTube. Perhaps because of her raves and the favorable reviews here, I had rather high expectations of the product. I found the brush to be a little heavy handed for cream blush- I ended up with tiny dots of blusher on my cheeks if I stippled, and blending with the brush caused my liquid foundation to shift.

BUT after some experimentation I found another cool use for this brush! It's perfect for powder contour / bronzer on your jawline and under your cheekbones! The brush isn't too dense so the contouring looks natural,and the small brush size means it's targeted enough contouring. I'd been eyeing the face contouring brush from ELF, but I think this does a good enough job for me to skip buying that (since it costs double!)

Slight quibble: I found the brush to be slightly rough, though YMMV. I'm pretty sensitive to brush softness - for reference,I found sigma's sigmax brushes (e.g. f82) to be softest, and Real Techniques brushes to be less-soft-but-ok. This brush BARELY makes the cut on softness for me. Can't fault it though as it's really cheap!

on 2/19/2015 8:39:00 PM

I purchased this brush on a whim to use for my cream blush. I have to say that I am surprised and very happy with the performance of this brush. It makes applying and blending the cream blush so easy. The bristles are soft, but with enough density to do the job. It does not shed and washes well. I may have to get a second one for concealer.

on 2/18/2015 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Just repurchased this brush after about a year or so, so I thought it worthy to post a review on it, since it was good enough to repurchase.

I use this brush to blend out the concealer under my eye as well as where ever I highlight on my face. It serves it's purpose very well, and it does a good job of blending. Once my concealer is applied, I use this in a stippling motion to blend out and it makes blending a breeze as well as being very controlled. I have tried to use other makeup items to blend out these areas (beauty blender mainly), but it I feel as though it picks up too much product, whereas this keeps the product on your face and not cakey. When I use heavy duty face camouflage, the beauty blender does work better, but we're talking about some heavy duty stuff.

For the price and how long it lasted me, I feel like this is a great buy. Even if you don't like it, it was only $3. :)

on 2/17/2015 3:33:00 AM

I feel like the only reason anyone gave this a bad review is because they didn't give it enough of a go, when i first started using this it was the first stipple brush id ever used and i did struggle to get the hang of it, now i feel it works fantastically to apply my foundation and really gives me a lovely even finish.

If you are looking to purchase a first time stipple brush, id highly recommend this one, but even if you just want a new stipple brush this is definitely worth the purchase!

Id say the only cons i have with this brush is there is a bit of shedding with it and i often have to pick bristles of my face haha, but thats basically it.

The only reason i wouldn't purchase this one again is because of the size, i prefer a big stippling brush for my foundation as it just takes less time, but defintley not because i didn't like it.
But as a last note id just like to firmly state this brush definitley deserves the 4 stars.

xx

on 1/22/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this brush to apply cream blush or highlight. It does great for both. It did shed when I first washed it, but other than that no more shedding. Great quality, awesome price.

on 1/22/2015 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

it is ok i feel like it is very over hyped and not all that good i still like it does have some shedding unlike all my other elf brushes i hardly ever use this but it is good for a more full coverage look

on 1/15/2015 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This brush is not for me. When stippling the bristles actually hurt my face, especially my under eye area. Very stiff and very sharp. And my skin is pretty rugged; I imagine anyone with irritated, sensitive skin would not appreciate the needle-like feeling.
Also, it was no good at applying my foundation. Clumpy and uneven.
I'll try it sideways and update later. No high hopes though.
I want to like e.l.f. I really do. I have and love products from other low end lines like NYC and NYX, in fact all of my brow products are from one or the other of those two lines. But I'm done with e.l.f.