April 17, 2014 | 851 users online

Concealers - Sonia Kashuk - All Covered Up Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Abraxia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this concealer at Target in the middle of February and am now almost out of it so I feel like I can give it a valid review after using it for a while.

I chose the shade "01 porcelain" as I also use concealer for contouring and wanted something that would highlight but not be overly harsh, I've found that this was a good match for my NC15 skin. I have hereditary dark circles which nothing seems to cover except for my trusted Lancome concealer, this concealer did a fabulous job of making that entire area look like I had never had a spot of purple in my life which was exceptional since I've found this to be incredibly difficult for any concealer.

The consistency is great and creamy which makes it easily bendable with a small concealer brush, it also DOESN'T crease when you use a primer.

The only complaints I have with this concealer are the packaging which is why I'm taking a lippie off. I feel like the lid doesn't screw on correctly, (mine is titled slightly to the left no matter what I do.) I also think that the opening of this concealer is a little small and prone to contamination if you're using your fingers, I feel like due to it's creamy nature it'd best be suited in a tube.

Bottom line, it's a great concealer for a great price if you can get over the tiny bit of hassle with the packaging.

Will I repurchase? Yes! It's a fabulous concealer and I now never want to be out of even if I'm only really using it for my undereye area at this point.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by jamiegirl95

I am so impressed with this concealer. I have tried many concealers, all brands at every price to cover very, very dark circles and a birthmark. I am always on a hunt for a cheaper one because the only one that I found that did a good enough job was the $70 one that I always ended up going back to. Well no more! This provided the same if not better coverage that lasted all day and did not settle into lines. I do use a primer and set with powder as I have with all the other concealers I have used. It's easy to blend and a little goes a long way because it is so pigmented. I haven't used my $70 concealer since buying this 3 weeks ago and I could not be happier!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I wanted the hidden agenda palette instead, but it was sold out. Should have stuck to my inital gut feeling & waited for it to restock, because this stuff makes me never want to try another SK concealer again. Anyways, tried 2 colors (even more wasteful) Ivory -super pink & Sand-super tan but yellow, too dark for my NC20 skin. I tried the Ivory undereyes & it wasn't enough coverage & the Sand for scars, again same issue. You don't get a ton of product either, 0.07 (even HE concealers are atleast 0.50) for $10; I consider it pricey. Im trying to use it up at an eyeshadow base, on days I don't wear shadows but just want to even out my lids, it does crease though so i put powder on top to prevent it....a bit.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by HWL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I tried in on over the Sonia Kashuk luminous foundation and it really was a bit dark against the lightest shade and did not blend well. It is very thick and hard to put on. So it looked blotchy. Then I read that the company recommends that you use it underneath the foundation. Under foundation, it is still a bit hard to blend, but worked well on the red blotches on my nose and cheeks. I wasn't so worried about blending it into the foundation. It looked great under the foundation, and helped dampen my red splotches and dark under eye circles. I can still use a lighter more spreadable concealer on top if needed. I don't love this concealer, but I did find a very good use for it. I see someone else talking about base concealers. Still, it is not a buy again for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

I'm surprised by the negative reviews on this concealer. I LOVE Sonia Kashuk cosmetics and her brushes are next to none in my opinion. I have always used Hidden Agenda concealer, however, as my skin has aged Hidden Agenda was becoming a bit too heavy for me, so I bought the All Covered Up concealer hoping this would be a bit lighter and creamier formula. And it is! I have fair skin, but not a porcelain complexion so I bought this in Ivory (2nd to the lightest shade) and it works beautifully! It's creamy and not too heavy, and it melts right into my skin. This is not a heavy concealer, so I could understand someone who might require a heavier coverage that this product may not be the right for them. This concealer does not settle into fine lines. My mascara does not smear like crazy, like with some other heavier concealers. I love the little glass pot with the black lid. It looks very classy. I have no trouble dipping my ring finger into the little pot and obtaining more than enough product to do the trick for both eyes, plus any extra coverage on my face where I might need it. I believe it will last me quite some time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought this on a whim. I really should stop buying SK products and expecting them to be decent. Everything of this brand I've owned sucks. The SK concealer pallet caked, the flat top brush I had broke, the mascara comb lost its metal teeth (yes went to clean it & they popped right out), and now this just sucks. The jar has such a small opening to it that it's pretty hard to get a finger or brush in there. When applying this is very creamy. It started out great but then it just melts into your skin. Without covering anything. Then when you go to set it with a powder it collects all the powder. So not only do you look old but you look cakey and every fine line is highlighted. Yeah that's everything I don't want in a concealer. I have since moved on and tucked this in a drawer. I wish I could return it but Target has a lame return policy with make-up (they'll take it back if it's unopened & in the original packaging).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by songy67

I've been using this nearly every single day since I got it. I'm a MAC NC20 and picked up the shade 02 Ivory to cover my undereye circles with. 02 is a shade or two darker than my skin tone and has a peachy/ salmon undertone to it. It works beautifully to counteract the bluey-purple under my eyes and has just enough coverage - not FULL coverage - that it still looks natural.

This is an incredibly creamy concealer that is very easy to blend: I swipe it on with a concealer brush then tap it in gently with my ring finger. It seems to melt into the skin without accentuating fine lines and lasts well throughout the day.

It is marketed as a dark circle concealer and not as something to use on the rest of the face. In fact, there's a warning on the bottom label that says DO NOT USE IN LIP AREA, which sounds just a little bit worrisome... But it really does work wonders for what it's meant to do.

The little glass jar is great quality and for $10 I would definitely purchase this again. I adore SK products and think that they are one of the most underrated brands out there today.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by backhome22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty much worthless as a concealer. It is completely sheer. It claims to have medium coverage, but I tried it on my undereyes to cover the purple, on blemishes to cover the redness, and on redder areas around my nose. EVERYTHING still showed through. The concealer did not help one little bit. Also it sunk in to the lines around my eyes where it caked up and made me look 20 years older with all the lines and wrinkles it seemed to emphasize. Since I can't return it, maybe I will try it out as an eyeshadow base. If you need any level of coverage, look elsewhere.