MAC Matte - Saddle

4.8

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Everything has been already said and written about this shade. Fabulous transition colour, warm and matte, brown strongly leaning orange, a must have in anybody's eyeshadow collection to complete a plethora of looks. I love it at its best for a brown smokey eye. It pulls the whole look together effortlessly. It's one of those shade that it's well worth its value as you'll reach for it very often. Easy to blend, well pigmentented, long lasting.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Admittedly I am a huge MAC fan. I like this w MAC Phloof or Woodwinked. Perf matte brown! It is a bit on the orangey side which is gr8 since I am NC15 leaning neutral so this warms up my grey eyes. I don't normally gravitate towards matte shades so I don't own that many duplicate althou prob coz I wear glasses & am middle aged, should!! Wonderful color on mature skin. I went off the reviews on here when buying it & don't regret it. It is HG + I am a horse owner so love the name lol this little gem is approx $17 so it's a little on the $$$ side but somexs u get what u pay for. I don't know any DS dupes, it's very unique. Wish I had bought this sooner, is a staple HG!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An all around excellent shadow. Matte, buildable, and really nice just to transition or build up a bit more in the outer corners.

I love this in the crease with gold, warm bronze and coppery shades shades - really pretty with L'Oreal Infalliable in Amber Rush, Colorpop Amaze, Chanel Id'O in Mirage. It also works to blend out darker browns in the outer corner like NARS Galapagos or Fez if I'm using a lighter shade on my lid.

It isn't my HG Crease shade (the LE MAC Moleskin and UD Naked take the title) so I can't see myself hitting pan very soon, but I would definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my second time repurchasing and the reason why is because it is the perfect transition shade for me. It's so pigmented and so creamy. I love it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

My HG brown shade. I wear it every single day in a variety of looks. Great transition shade and stand alone shade. I repurchased it at least 3x. I actually need a new one now. I can't believe I never reviewed this color before.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Perfect crease color that works great on my nc45 skintone. It doesn't translate as a nasty ashy brown on my lid. It actually warms up the crease without looking obvious....if that makes sense. I'm absolutely in love with this shade. I love utilizing it when I'm doing a smokey olive green eye or even a blue smokey eye ( I'm a smokey eye junkie). For me its highly pigmented and I can't believe it took this long to finally appreciate ans fully enjoy this shade.

Best color ever! LOVE how it looks with my brown eyes; sets off the color perfectly :) Bonus: no shimmer, as where I place this color shimmer would look inappropriate.

Neutral enough color to help set the stage for adding in a pop of color, such as navy eyeliner. One of my favorite makeup combos.

I bought a 4 palette of shadows, as it turns out, a few days short of 4 years ago, which is just too long to keep eyeshadows. My selections were brule, grain, saddle and sketch. Overall, I think it wound up being a kind of blah palette. But saddle was the color that disappointed me most. I used it as a crease color, and it just wasn't the pop of color I was going for. I think swiss chocolate might have been a better choice.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

My least favourite part? The price. At CDN$19.50 (in pot) I'm really only looking to buy e/s from MAC when i return my B2Ms :/

That being said, DANG. Porcelain girls rejoice over this rad warm orangey brown. The colour reminds me of a pair of ...well, a Saddle. A pair of Oxfords. A teddy bear. It's highly pigmented, and blends like a dream. I pair it with Dazzlelight, or do an all over with the NYX jumbo pencil in Milk, pairing it with Myth or Crene D'nude lipstick, and Soft & Gentle mineralized on the cheek (also from MAC).

It's a really nice warm brown. MAC really does make the best eyeshadows. I use it a lot. It pairs well with Expensive Pink especially. Definitely will replace when this runs out.

Top Rated MAC Products