October 22, 2014 | 993 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Clearing

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by actionaction17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a year +, and I love it. I usually buy 3-4 bottles at a time on Amazon for about $6 a piece. My skin is always dry, easily irritated, and slightly acne prone. (less because I'm on the pill) I still have some hyper pigmented little red spots under the surface of my skin, and maybe one or two breakouts a month. This stuff has never irritated or broken me out, I doubt it is clearing, but it is not pore clogging. I live near Houston, TX where it is always humid, and I still wear this every day. If it's a hot/muggy day, I do notice a little shine after about 5 - 6 hours of wear...nothing a little bathroom break won't fix. I just go in the stall and blot with regular ol' tissue paper.

For the first time in my life something has matched my
very fair but yellow undertone skin! Because every fair skinned person in the world does NOT have pink undertones ::pouty face:: anyways I love this stuff, it's really too cheap not to give it a go in my opinion.

My only complaint is really that I haven't found a good foundation or concealer that mixes with this bb cream. I have L'oreal True Match that I use now, (for those tiny red spots left my acne years ago) but it always seems to separate and not mix very well with the bb cream. It's not too big of a con, I only use a second foundation when I have the time to get ready and be nit picky about my make up. I know its prob something to do with the base of both of them, oil, water, or silicone...If anybody knows what base this BB cream is let me know. In the mean time I will continue using it, until it is discontinued, and then I will buy the company, the patent, the formula...and make it my damn self, because this stuff is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I own the Holika Holika Petit BB Cream in Clearing. I like the thin little plastic squeeze tube. It dispenses product well and is hygienic. The actual BB Cream is very thick and is hard to spread with your fingers. I think it would work better with a damp beauty blender or foundation brush. I applied this over my Tony Moly egg pore primer, and I have damaged, cystic-acne prone skin that gets very oily as the day wears on. I have had my makeup on for going on 8 hours and have only barely touched up with powder once, and haven't blotted at all. I have significant acne scarring, and another reviewer mentioned this offers almost no coverage...I beg to differ. It covers up pretty damn well for a bb cream and looks good on my face still yet. Yes, the color is fairly light. I used sparingly, and bronzed and blushed and it looks fine. It sucks the color range is so limited, but the price is right, and as long as I experience no adverse effects, I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AimeeVbear

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Alright.... I can see it working well with someone that has light skin and with some skin small skin problems. It does provide quite a bit of coverage for a BB cream, but it also feels kind of heavy and definitely cakey when layered on. It's even heavier feeling than the revlon colourstay foundation. One thing that sucks is that it only comes in one shade which is quite light!! I'm not even considered tan myself but I can't wear this in the summer. In the winter it works well because it does adjust to your skin tone to some extent. For people with darker than middle eastern or Filipino skin, it will leave a extremely bad white cast. Bronzer can't even save you, girl!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by siminims

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Asian BB Creams. When my skin was better I used Etude House Precious Mineral Sun BB (whew, what a mouthful) almost RELIGIOUSLY. Then I went off the pill and my face exploded and all was sad.

Enter Holika Holika's Petit BB Cream, so helpfully adorned with cats.
Surely this cat-cream would cover my blemishes.

It did!
And still does!

But, and it's an important but, it is VERY slightly too pink for my skintone. Best reference I can give you is Buff in Revlon CS Whipped, or Frisky Korat in Meow Cosmetics, but both of these were also slightly too pink. I'm light-ish-skinned, warm undertones, but VERY olive, and it's hard to match things to my skintone. If I wear this BB cream all over my face, it becomes apparent that my face is pink.

That being said...
NOTHING covers congested pores and blemishes like this stuff. It stays all day. ALL DAY. And my sad hormonal skin is suuuuper oily. My glasses leave a definite indent on the bridge of my nose, though. I powder/blot pretty often but none of this BB cream wears off or goes away.

So usually, what I do is use the Clearing BB Cream on my T-Zone and on top of any cystic blemishes. I then use a better-matching foundation (typically a cream-to-powder like Maybelline Shine Free) on the rest of my face, which altogether are a less jarring color match overall.

tl;dr - great for covering (not treating) active acne and scars, holds up to oil breakthrough without separating, little to transfer except onto glasses and sunglasses, not the best color match.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by anhlypham

Down to the last drop of my second purchase of this stuff! This is my favorite bb cream so far! The color is more yellow-toned and coverage is better than most bb creams I've tried. I like how this smooths the look of my pores and for the most part does not accentuate my flakes. If it does, then it's time for me to exfoliate my face. (try apple cider vinegar on the face) The Aqua Petit jelly does not compare to this and it's even more expensive. I felt the Aqua was too chalky and takes more time to blend. Coverage on the clearing is better and smoother. Though the aqua may have a little bit better oil control, the Clearing pretty much lasts me a good 6 hours or so.

With either bb cream or any foundation for that matter, I always top it with my trusted Milani Even-Touch Powder in Fresco. This stuff makes the color of my foundation/ bb cream look skin like. Because it's yellow based- I look alive and not so pale or chalky. Oh, and I like to use my ELF Studio kabuki powder brush. (I just pat the powder over my face instead or brushing/sweeping the powder onto my face.)

I love the Clearing for its price, package and formula! Definitely recommend to oily and combo gals out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by pec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Price:
This is a very affordable range of BB Creams, at around AU$6 each from ebay sellers in Korea. I love that there are 5 different types for different skin types & needs, but unfortunately they all come in just 1 colour. I don't think they make sample sachets, and I believe this has to do with their already affordable price. So it's a cheap gamble to make in order to find out if the 1 shade or the formula will suit you, but a gamble nonetheless.

Packaging:
The packaging is a squeeze tube with a twist on cap. There is no pump, but the nozzle has a decent sized opening with a flat top, so it's very easy to wipe off after dispensing product. It's also very easy to control how much product is squeezed out, and very secure to travel with as the cap doesn't just pop off leaving a pump exposed.

Consistency:
I used this a few years ago so I can't remember if the consistency was very runny or a thicker cream.

Application:
I do remember that this BB Cream blended out really easily. I just used my fingers to apply it, never tried a brush or sponge. It didn't dry too fast and I had enough time to spread it around, blend out the edges and stipple away any streaks before it dried.

Coverage:
I have quite normal skin and don't have breakouts year round, but tend to break out in Summer due to producing oil & sweat. I don't have large pores, just pinprick ones on my cheeks, and some fine lines around my eyes. I have fair skin with a mix of light and dark freckles, a little redness around my nose, some red marks from past blemishes and slight undereye circles.

I found that this BB Cream has a solid medium coverage, it completely covered the redness and darkness but didn't cover all of my freckles.

Finish:
Because this BB Cream is targeted towards oily and blemish prone skin, it does dry to a completely matte finish. I don't think it would be buildable. It smoothed over my slightly visible pores nicely, but I did look a bit crepey under the eyes so I recommend applying eye cream before using this (regardless if you have fine lines or not, you don't want to dry out that area!).

In Summer I can get quite oily on my chin and remain comfortable and shine free everywhere else, but in Winter my skin gets quite dry all over. I would never attempt to use this on my normal skin in Winter, but oily skinned gals might love it year round.

Scent:
I do not remember the scent, sorry!

Colour:
A lot of Korean BB Creams are too dark for me, but this Clearing one is SO pale with yellow undertones. It's a perfect match for my neck, which is much paler than my face and is what I prefer to match my base products to. For an easy universal reference, Revlon Colorstay in Ivory is too dark for me.

Wear:
I used this in Summer with no moisturiser underneath, and it lasted all day without turning cakey or looking dry as the day progressed. It was moisturising enough that I didn't produce excess oil to combat its matte finish. My skin felt normal when I removed it, I didn't feel dried out from the matte finish & Tea Tree Oil. But, it broke me out. Badly.

OVERALL:
Unfortunately, I didn't realise this contained Tea Tree Oil when I ordered it and began using it. I had tried using TTO on pimples in the past because everyone raved that it's a great zit zapper, but it never did anything for my blemishes. This was the product that finally drove the point home - my skin hates Tea Tree Oil. I'm not sure if I'm just sensitive to it or if I'm completely allergic to it, and I don't know the % of TTO in this BB Cream, but broke me out in large, deep, painful zits. It didn't cause a breakout the first day, but during the second day I could feel "blind" zits forming, the ones that are a red bump with no whitehead. On the third day, it created even more and the existing ones became painful. I stopped using it and the zits went away within a few days.

This is not a bad BB Cream at all, it's just not right for my skin. If your skin reacts positively to TTO you might really like this and it might actually help clear up your breakouts. If you're really pale you'll love it on its own, but if you're anything darker than pale you might want to use this as a "treatment" primer underneath a foundation or BB Cream that matches your skin. Whatever your skin type, I recommend applying eye cream and moisturising any dry or flaky patches beforehand.

Also, I highly recommend an oil cleanser to remove facial makeup, whether it be BB Cream or foundation. Regular makeup removers don't clear everything away. You can even just use Extra Virgin Olive Oil if you don't want to purchase an Oil Cleanser. The oil breaks down ALL the makeup on your skin so it washes away leaving no residual product. Please don't forget to double cleanse (Oil Cleanse to remove the makeup then follow up with your regular cleanser).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 9:35:00 AM More reviews by mjabf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Woooow. I was not expecting this kind of quality from an inexpensive BB cream! It matches my NC15/NC20 skin tone and the tea tree oil really does seem to control my oil. This Holika Holika BB cream provides sheer to light coverage. For me this means it tones down the redness in my skin and lightens my blackheads, but doesn't cover up blemishes. This is also one of those BB creams that requires a touch-up after ~ 4 to 6 hours. I use this daily and am defintely going to stock up!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Zoe7544

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mikhaylasmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been through 3 tubes of this , my forth is on the way . And I love it ! It's perfect for everyday use and it's so easy to apply . It has build able coverage , and doesn't cake up . The price is amazing averaging 6 $ tube , so it really cant be beat ! I highly recommend this to everyone !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SusieLouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying a few American bb's, to which I was wildly disappointed, I decided to go back to Korea for my balms, and picked this one on cosmetic-love.com for around $8. I love it! I bought this one along with Innisfree Air Fit BB, which I have yet to even TRY because I've been loving Holika Holika so much! Its really creamy and easy to blend, and feels so light on my face. And it matches my fair\yellow skin tone so well! I would rate the coverage as medium, and when topped with my BareMinerals, my skin looks really smooth, matte, and natural. It has the texture that I love the most: creamy and light without being dewy (I hate anything dewy! Makes me feel buttery!) As far as the clearing part, I have acne-prone skin (the terrifying cystic kind, but usually not bad unless suffering a break-out) and have not had any problems since I started using it about 2 weeks ago, so I think it does help some. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't last allllll day for me, but about 6 hours. I put it on at about 7am and it stands strong until about 1-2pm, when it tends to become a little shiny and not as smooth looking. So I gave it 4 lippies for that reason. But its definitely a great bb and at 8 bucks??! You can't beat that! I'm mostly in shock that something that cheap would even work at all.