April 20, 2014 | 1686 users online

BB Cream - Holika Holika - Petit BB Cream - Clearing

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Zoe7544

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has really nice coverage but gets oily fairly quickly so powder is a must. Broke me out a bit if I wore it multiple days in a row so I would only use this when I need extra coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by mikhaylasmith

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been through 3 tubes of this , my forth is on the way . And I love it ! It's perfect for everyday use and it's so easy to apply . It has build able coverage , and doesn't cake up . The price is amazing averaging 6 $ tube , so it really cant be beat ! I highly recommend this to everyone !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by SusieLouise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying a few American bb's, to which I was wildly disappointed, I decided to go back to Korea for my balms, and picked this one on cosmetic-love.com for around $8. I love it! I bought this one along with Innisfree Air Fit BB, which I have yet to even TRY because I've been loving Holika Holika so much! Its really creamy and easy to blend, and feels so light on my face. And it matches my fair\yellow skin tone so well! I would rate the coverage as medium, and when topped with my BareMinerals, my skin looks really smooth, matte, and natural. It has the texture that I love the most: creamy and light without being dewy (I hate anything dewy! Makes me feel buttery!) As far as the clearing part, I have acne-prone skin (the terrifying cystic kind, but usually not bad unless suffering a break-out) and have not had any problems since I started using it about 2 weeks ago, so I think it does help some. The only real complaint I have is that it doesn't last allllll day for me, but about 6 hours. I put it on at about 7am and it stands strong until about 1-2pm, when it tends to become a little shiny and not as smooth looking. So I gave it 4 lippies for that reason. But its definitely a great bb and at 8 bucks??! You can't beat that! I'm mostly in shock that something that cheap would even work at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this bb cream but not love. this product is really watery and blends well, but it only gives a light coverage for my skin and cannot really cover up my acne scars. It smells really good and the color match my skin well. But it's too watery to stay for a long time on me but it's good for a light makeup look

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by justanne

My friend gave this to me as a gift, she knows me as a bb cream freak so on my birthday she knew exactly what to give. Ooh I love her so much! Anyway, this comes in four variants & I was given "Clearing".. It's supposed to help with acne or if you are prone to break-outs, this is for you. I can't vouch for its effectiveness in terms of clearing up the skin because I am mainly using this as a bb cream/foundation and not a treatment of some sort. Moving on! First of all, I love the fact that it has an added spf of 30 but if you're going for a swim or just be exposed to the sun a lot, don't ever replace this for your sunblock! Shade wise, this adjusts pretty well! Looks a lot better than my Missha Pore Cover which is too too grey for my liking. This is pretty neutral though & has the right amount of yellow to it too. For reference though, I have fair skin with yellow undertones. Coverage wise, it can go from light to medium although I wouldnt suggest trying to build it up to a full one because as with all foundations, it cakes. It stays for a decent amount of time - about 3 hours before I have to completely touch up or blot my t-zone. The price can't be beat as well so overall, I would definitely definitely recommend!!! xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by LouiseHourihan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my current HG foundation!
My skin is combination/sensitive/acne prone, emphasis on the acne prone. I have yet to find a foundation that didn't cause clogs, until now. This actually seems to help clear my skin which is crazy, I'm attributing it to the tea tree oil. This has medium coverage, and on days when I want lighter coverage I just mix it with a little moisturizer. Another big plus is that this doesn't sink into the fine lines around my eyes & it covers my dark circles well. When I first tried this out on the back of my hand it was too light and pink, but in actual use on my face it seems to blend with my light olive skin just fine. This combined with Neutrogena skin clearing concealer and L'Oreal Translucide loose powder to set has my skin looking almost flawless. For the price this is definitely worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by texasbeautyaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

So, I got this in the mail yesterday. I am going to update this review again in about a month (on how my skin reacts to it) but I definitely wanted to do an initial review as I tried to wear it last night, and wore it today.

Coverage: is fantastic. My skin looks pore-less and very matte. I did use a smidgen of bronzer just to give me a little more color but other than that I have no complaints. The product spreads well and has a nice, not too strong fragrance in my opinion. I do find it to be slightly drying (expected as it contains tea tree oil) but I don't notice that it seeps into fine lines, which is a definite plus.

Photography: NO. Do NOT wear this if you are going to be taking photos with flash. Before I went out last night I thought I would try it on and take a few pictures with flash just to see how bad it would look and it is terrible. This is definitely day time only (which I know should be obvious because it has SPF but as far as I know this product line does not come without SPF, which is unfortunate because it seems, initially, to be a great product that would simplify most make up routines).

Ease of use: pretty simple actually. I use a pea size amount for the lower half, and then another pea size amount for the upper half of my face (admittedly I have kind of a large head). To be on the safe side I do blend with a brush (nothing fancy, just an elf all over one). Without the blush the bb cream still looks nice.

Practicality: I live on the coast where it is super humid and super hot 11/12 months of the year. If you are going to be sweating, carry this with you. It does smudge off, but I found that if I patted my forehead with a cloth (or t shirt or anything) and did not wipe my face, the product did not come off. I certainly wouldn't do hard work or play sports in this product, but it would be great for daily activities (errands, shopping, etc).

Texture: The product is not thick. It is a little on the runnier side, so be careful when squeezing product out. I personally like that it is runnier because it does not feel so heavy on my face.

As far as acne goes, I will update. I'm crossing my fingers that this one won't break me out, as products with SPF usually do.

10/23: UPDATE.

It has been a little more than a month since I have been using this BB cream daily, and I have definitely learned how to better use it.

For starters, it did not break me out. I did get a little cocky with tea tree oil thinking "well if it's doing well in the cream extra couldn't hurt" but my sensitive skin did not do well with that. Once I quit with the tea tree oil, everything was fine.

That does bring me to my next point- coverage. The coverage I've found is still great like I posted initially. It does not crease in any lines, and covers fresh blemishes well.

I find that this gives me lasting coverage all day (~8 hours) providing I am not sweating profusely or doing something that would cause it to wipe off. I do get a bit oily towards the latter part of product wear.

I have also found that a little, for me, does not go a long way. Instead, I put three dots along my cheek bones, three on my forehead, and three on my jaw line. Not big dots, about a pea size, and proceed to blend with a kabuki brush. This gives me the best finish and also prevents me from looking like I have a BB cream on. Instead, I just look like I have a great complexion.

I have found this cream to also overall improve my complexion. It's not miraculous by any stretch of the imagination but every little bit helps, right?

I definitely recommend this product if you are someone who has a FAIR complexion, otherwise you might look a bit ghastly and need to warm up your face with a bronzer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My skin is acne prone and DRY. When I first used this, the coverage was just right for me but my dry patches showed up in no time. I've started mixing this with a strong moisturizer and it's nearly perfect! And the packaging for these things is just too cute. I do prefer my skin79 BB cream (silver bottle) though since that one is more geared towards dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a little unsure of this at first, but it's totally grown on me! I reach for this every day now. I haven't used actual foundation in a couple months, and my skin is loving it! The texture is kind of thick so I was a little scared at first that this would break me out and be really heavy. It blends very nicely (a tad dark for me, but it works since its summer) and covers well. It can be layered for extra coverage. It isn't matte at first, but once it dries it is. I find that using a foundation brush works better than my fingers with this one. My only complaint is that I HAVE to wash my foundation brush after every use - I can't just do a quick rub on a paper towel with some cleaner. I don't know if it's the tea tree or another oil but it does make my brush really gunked up. My skin definitely looks better - I've changed a few of the products I'm using but this certainly hasn't hurt. My skin is softer and clearer and overall better looking! I've already ordered a second bottle. I do get a bit of wear through the day, but it doesn't look bad. Just more of a light coverage left. I've also used Skin79 pink label and Missha, and this is by far my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Strawberryblonde3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I took a gamble and bought this on Ebay for a total of about $6 from Cosmeticmarket2012 (who sent me 3 nice samples of other BB creams to try). I was worried about a lot of things color, smell, and of course if this would cause me to break out. It has now become my favorite BB cream, and my everyday makeup!

I've sampled several from Sephora, and found them to be alright, but not worth the expensive price tag. I've also bought a few drugstore brands, none have got me hooked though. They are tinted moisturizers at best. They all have made me breakout, or made my combo/dry skin incredibly oily and shiny (this is when it's cold out, forget wearing them when it's hot).

Now with the Holika Holika Petit Clearing BB Cream it's a different story. For starters it covers! It has about medium coverage, which is amazing to me because I don't feel it at all. This is also probably the best blending makeup I have bought, I can put this on without a mirror if need be. The color could be a tad lighter for my tastes (I'm pale) but it's still not noticeable and gives me the no makeup look. I actually think it smells good (I have a real issue with smells as a chronic migraine sufferer), but even if it's not your favorite scent it fades within a few minutes. It has a consistency about like a thick tinted moisturizer when you first squirt it out (My first thought when I saw this was, I'm gonna hate it). After patting it on it'll dry down to a matte powder finish (about 5 minutes, but it'll actually be more matte after wearing it a while, if that makes any sense). You can layer this and it doesn't cake. It definitely makes mild acne scars and blackheads less noticeable. Though it can cover a pimple a little it doesn't seem to completely cover redness. I do believe this has helped my face (the few spots I have shriveled up) and it certainly hasn't aggravated this. My skin is also sensitive but this doesn't seem to burn like some other things with sunscreen. I don't wear powder or primer but it seems to last me all day. The biggest downside I've seen to this it dries my face out a little, mainly my under eye area.

The tube will definitely last me at least two or three months if I use it everyday (which is a little better than average for me). If you are worried about this being a legitimate product you can buy it from the Holika Holika U.S. site but the price is higher. Considering everything this is a steal, If you are thinking about trying a BB cream I urge you to save yourself some time and try this. I personally intend on purchasing more from this line.