July 23, 2014 | 1851 users online

Moisturizers - Clinique - Youth Surge Night - Combination Oily To Oily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have liked a lot of Clinique products, so I decided to try this nighttime moisturizer next (I've never stuck with the same nighttime moisturizer for more than one jar/tube). Since I have oily, break-out prone skin, but is also sensitive, I picked the Combination/Oily formula. When first using this, I was shocked how it smelled of rubbing alcohol, a lot like Clinique's Clarifying Lotions. This absorbed/evaporated really fast, but the alcohol was actually drying, making my skin feel tight, though soft, and I'd have to reapply 20 minutes later just to make my skin feel comfortable, and I have oily skin! The morning after the first use, I noticed that my face wasn't as oily as it usually is in the morning. After a few weeks of using this, my skin felt firmer and smoother. I don't have wrinkles, this was for preventative purposes, and it didn't make my skin breakout. In fact, after two weeks my skin was clearer. And after four weeks, the dryness after applying was gone and my skin felt smooth and comfortable, with no residue. Although this worked well, it's too light for winter and I'll be trying something a little richer, though less expensive and oil-free, next. I have since been using RoC Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Night Cream (separate review) and absolutely love it! I won't need to buy this Clinique nighttime moisturizer again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lavalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was keen to try the Youth Surge night cream after having such great results with the day version (which I still use). Unfortunately the night cream doesn't have the same great ability to sink nicely into my skin. It does moisturise well, but after using half the jar I could honestly say that it didn't do much for me except moisturise. And for the price, I was really expecting it to do a little more than that. For example, the Olay Regenerist lotion I use both moisturises well and minimises my fine lines - while also being much much cheaper...

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2012 5:11:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

An excellent well moisturising night cream thats isn't overly heavy, you feel it really soothes the skin and no greasy feeling. No clogging of pores either. Perfect for oily skin.