Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer with Sunscreen

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isododecane, Methyl Trimethicone, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium 90 Bentonite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Flower/Leaf/Stem Juice, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide

on 4/10/2015 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer is tricky. I thought I liked it, but now I'm not so sure. It's definitely a "dead of winter" primer for me, because now that it is warmer, it does nothing for me.

As of right now, I would say if you have VERY DRY skin, you should try it. It works pretty well when I am flaky. In warmer weather, I am a combination of dry and oily. My oil easily breaks through this (it doesn't break me out).

If you are VERY dry, it will help with moisture. If you are anything else, I say skip it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I experiment with primers often, always looking for the next best thing. I've always liked Neutrogena's skin products (not so much their foundations), so figured I'd give this one a try. It comes out of the tube with a light tint but goes on clear, and has a pleasant smell to it. However, I did not notice any difference in the way it made my makeup appear. There will be some days that I forget to apply it under my foundation and then I remember that it doesn't really matter because I can never tell a difference. It maybe minimizes my pores SLIGHTLY but other than that, nothing. It does make my foundation blend easier, though, so that's a plus. It's an okay product for the price but I will not be repurchasing.

This is my "can't do without" product. I have been using it for years. It protects my skin against harmful rays, moisturizes without being greasy and leaves my skin with a slightly dewy look that makes my skin look younger. I wear it under foundation or alone. Love this stuff!

on 12/21/2014 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I liked it because is rice based and is guaranteed make your makeup last , when first bought it was cheaper and now the price has double winged. I need my primer to do more than when I was in my 20s and need anti aging benefits so, this is diff no Joke.

on 12/18/2014 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this primer. It has a little bit of SPF (15), but it doesn't leave a white finish like so many products do. It gives my skin a healthy glow, doesn't clog my pores, softens my skin. It's great on it's own or as a base for foundation. Definitely recommend it.

Excellent product for my fair skin. Goes on smoothly, leaves a velvet finish. It has a little light glow to it, so I'm not sure how it would do for darker skin tones.

I use it after a bit of moisturizer. It's got SPF15 so that's a great start.

The primer I used prior to this was from La Prairie! The gold one. I think this Neutrogena one is just as good, without the gold coloring, of course, and I can buy 10 Neutrogenas for the price of one LaP.

(P.S. On top of this, I've just discovered Neutrogena healthy skin compact mu with SPF 55.

I bought both products, because the site (drugstore...) was having a special -- buy two neutrogena mu products and get the cheaper on for half price. Glad I took advantage.

I ended up with the compact at around $7. Since then, I see that's a price you can find it for at places like walm... Together the products make a nice finish. )

I see some people had trouble with this primer causing them to break out. Not so with me. My fair, sensitive skin is doing well with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This wasn't really one of the best primers I've ever tried but it wasn't the worst. I found it better to use this without anything else on top but still I felt like this made my skin look glittery which I didn't really enjoy. Used it a few times so it wouldn't feel like a waste yet I know when I'm done I'm not buying again.

on 5/16/2014 3:04:00 PM

Within seconds of putting this on, I had an allergic reaction on my chin and cheeks. My face got red and hot. I had to get it off immediately. I don't know what ingredients I am allergic to, but I cannot use this. Even though I didn't have it on long, the consistency did not seem like a primer to me. I may just stick to their skincare line....

on 4/15/2014 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I usually love Neutrogena products but this one was a total disappointment! It did nothing for my oily skin. The tiny glitter particles seemed to make my large pores even more noticeable, and my skin even more "glowy" than it naturally is. After a few hours my foundation starts to look patchy, which normally doesn't happen with my foundation (Loreal True Match). Overall, I can't find much good to say about this primer. I used it for a about 2 weeks hoping it might grow on me...but it just doesn't work for me. My skin looks much "healthier" without it.

on 12/23/2013 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pretty acne prone here. If I use Monistat Anti-chafing gel I risk getting acne or clogged pores. It also just never acted like a primer on me.

This stuff doesn't seem much different. I haven't seen my foundation glide on over this or any prolonged wear. I don't get acne from this but that's the only upside. My foundation just rubs off with this on. So I don't see it as much of a primer. I'm sure it'll work for other people who probably lean more on the dry side of things. For me this just didn't work.