Neutrogena Healthy Skin Primer with Sunscreen

3.2

Water, Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Isododecane, Methyl Trimethicone, Lauryl PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Silica, Butylene Glycol, PEG 9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Dimethicone/PEG 10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon 12, Phenoxyethanol, Quaternium 90 Bentonite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Sorbic Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Flower/Leaf/Stem Juice, Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Tin Oxide

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this as it had skin benefits to it but it did not benefit me at all.
Made my oily skin look greasier, my makeup slipped around, and I started to break out.
Not fun.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this because I was looking for something with antioxidants. I'm on the road a lot so I was looking for something with antioxidants to give my skin a little extra protection from the elements. I have oily skin, and this is a little on the greasy side, and has shimmer in it, so it didn't work well for me as a primer. I feel like it just made me more oily and it made my foundation slide around my face more than it would if i just put it on my bare face. That being said I DO really like it when I mix a little bit in with my foundation (I generally use Maybelline Pure BB) over an oil control primer (Smashbox). I'll do a 2 part foundation to one part healthy skin ratio and it applied like a dream. It gives just the right amount of glow and hydration and I love that it has sunscreen and antioxidants. I bought mine at Ulta for $12.99, and I think it's worth it. I'm still looking for the perfect antioxidant infused primer, but I'll probably purchase this again just to continue to mix it with my foundation. I think this would be really nice to mix with an ultra matte foundation to give it a bit of a natural glow.

Another little fun fact- I used this on my arms during the last show I played and I looked at some pictures that people had posted on Instagram and the sheen it gave off under the colored lights was really cool. Don't ask why I put it on my arms, I don't even wear body makeup, I think I was just bored.

I wanted to say I love this product because it's a good product, makes your makeup hold for so long and very moisturizing. But I have dry combo skin and it must have been too moisturizing because it broke my chin out and around my mouth area. I tried experimenting with my foundations to see if that was the culprit, but every time I wore this primer I realized there was a new pimple forming on my face at the end of the night. Boo:(

I love this primer. Sometimes I use it by itself. It also smooths my face, works as a wrinkle filler, because the product is so thick. I tend to use a little more inbetween my bros for those finer lines. The product is thick, so you might want to mix it with serum or moisturizer on your hand and apply. This is a BB primer for me. It looks great under my foundations.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This primer is tricky. I thought I liked it, but now I'm not so sure. It's definitely a "dead of winter" primer for me, because now that it is warmer, it does nothing for me.

As of right now, I would say if you have VERY DRY skin, you should try it. It works pretty well when I am flaky. In warmer weather, I am a combination of dry and oily. My oil easily breaks through this (it doesn't break me out).

If you are VERY dry, it will help with moisture. If you are anything else, I say skip it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I experiment with primers often, always looking for the next best thing. I've always liked Neutrogena's skin products (not so much their foundations), so figured I'd give this one a try. It comes out of the tube with a light tint but goes on clear, and has a pleasant smell to it. However, I did not notice any difference in the way it made my makeup appear. There will be some days that I forget to apply it under my foundation and then I remember that it doesn't really matter because I can never tell a difference. It maybe minimizes my pores SLIGHTLY but other than that, nothing. It does make my foundation blend easier, though, so that's a plus. It's an okay product for the price but I will not be repurchasing.

This is my "can't do without" product. I have been using it for years. It protects my skin against harmful rays, moisturizes without being greasy and leaves my skin with a slightly dewy look that makes my skin look younger. I wear it under foundation or alone. Love this stuff!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I liked it because is rice based and is guaranteed make your makeup last , when first bought it was cheaper and now the price has double winged. I need my primer to do more than when I was in my 20s and need anti aging benefits so, this is diff no Joke.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this primer. It has a little bit of SPF (15), but it doesn't leave a white finish like so many products do. It gives my skin a healthy glow, doesn't clog my pores, softens my skin. It's great on it's own or as a base for foundation. Definitely recommend it.

Excellent product for my fair skin. Goes on smoothly, leaves a velvet finish. It has a little light glow to it, so I'm not sure how it would do for darker skin tones.

I use it after a bit of moisturizer. It's got SPF15 so that's a great start.

The primer I used prior to this was from La Prairie! The gold one. I think this Neutrogena one is just as good, without the gold coloring, of course, and I can buy 10 Neutrogenas for the price of one LaP.

(P.S. On top of this, I've just discovered Neutrogena healthy skin compact mu with SPF 55.

I bought both products, because the site (drugstore...) was having a special -- buy two neutrogena mu products and get the cheaper on for half price. Glad I took advantage.

I ended up with the compact at around $7. Since then, I see that's a price you can find it for at places like walm... Together the products make a nice finish. )

I see some people had trouble with this primer causing them to break out. Not so with me. My fair, sensitive skin is doing well with it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors