October 20, 2014 | 2075 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Primer with Sunscreen

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by TentacleTherapist

This wasn't really one of the best primers I've ever tried but it wasn't the worst. I found it better to use this without anything else on top but still I felt like this made my skin look glittery which I didn't really enjoy. Used it a few times so it wouldn't feel like a waste yet I know when I'm done I'm not buying again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 3:04:00 PM More reviews by BDlynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Within seconds of putting this on, I had an allergic reaction on my chin and cheeks. My face got red and hot. I had to get it off immediately. I don't know what ingredients I am allergic to, but I cannot use this. Even though I didn't have it on long, the consistency did not seem like a primer to me. I may just stick to their skincare line....

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 7:17:00 PM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually love Neutrogena products but this one was a total disappointment! It did nothing for my oily skin. The tiny glitter particles seemed to make my large pores even more noticeable, and my skin even more "glowy" than it naturally is. After a few hours my foundation starts to look patchy, which normally doesn't happen with my foundation (Loreal True Match). Overall, I can't find much good to say about this primer. I used it for a about 2 weeks hoping it might grow on me...but it just doesn't work for me. My skin looks much "healthier" without it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

Pretty acne prone here. If I use Monistat Anti-chafing gel I risk getting acne or clogged pores. It also just never acted like a primer on me.

This stuff doesn't seem much different. I haven't seen my foundation glide on over this or any prolonged wear. I don't get acne from this but that's the only upside. My foundation just rubs off with this on. So I don't see it as much of a primer. I'm sure it'll work for other people who probably lean more on the dry side of things. For me this just didn't work.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i like this "primer" for the sheen it gives my skin, i have decent skin with few problems, luckily; it makes my skin look even so i dont have to put on foundation. it has subtle sparkles and is a peachy color out of the tube but goes on clear.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by webdoyenne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pleasantly surprised by this. Was looking for a primer with SPF and tried a couple of more expensive alternatives. Saw this...generally like Neutrogena products, so I figured I'd give it a try. No odor and doesn't burn/sting/itch my sensitive skin. The amount of product in the tube is a bit skimpy (or else I'm just using too much at a time), but it's well-priced and you can often catch a sale at Ulta.com or Drugstore.com.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by ginalenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product, I purchased this on a whim at CVS because I was having trouble finding a really good primer that didn't cost so much, I just started wearing bare minerals powder and needed a good base, yeah I noticed the glitter specks AFTER I applied it and went outside but it not overbearing at all just a subtle sparkle, I've used this for months now because I only use the bare minerals on special occasions but the product says it can be used with or without make-up so I apply it daily and my face has transformed!! my skin is super soft, it contains soy which is used to even your skin tone, and people are constantly asking me what foundation I am wearing and they are shocked to hear when I say none, I love this product and will continue purchaing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

***UPDATE***
I stopped using this because I was starting to breakout and I had just started to use two new products on my face and this was one of them, so the only way to figure out which product was causing the breakout was to stop using one of them. Stopped using this for a week and my skin cleared up, used it one day and developed a breakout in three different places on my face ....so I was wrong, this product DOES DO SOMETHING: It breaks me out.
Nice. My overall rating has now dropped to a 1.

I bought this because I wanted to see if it would help my makeup last longer since I have combination skin and I've been reading that you should use a primer. I've actually used a few samples of primers over the last ten or so years. I've never actually noticed that they work, and these were high end ones, too. I dont usually buy into hypes and I didn't want to think that "primers" were hype but I'm starting to think perhaps they are...its just one more thing you're convinced you need to slap on your face to make it look better.

Enter from stage left this primer from Neutrogena which does...nothing. I gave it a 2 because it doesn't do anything BAD, it just doesn't do anything AT ALL. It doesn't even make my skin look even so much as a little nicer if I wear it alone, which it proudly toutes itself as a primer you can just wear without the addition of foundation. Does it make my makeup last longer? No. Does it make my skin seem healthier? No.

This is basically a tube of thin watery tinted stuff that does NOTHING.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the first primer I have ever used, and it does everything I wished it to do. The biggest reason I wanted a primer is to help my foundation stay on longer, and I can tell a huge difference. Without the primer, the foundation would become oily after several hours and form visible patches on my skin. With the primer, my skin stays smooth, retains even color, and prevents foundation from running. Very impressed!

The primer itself has a very fair tint, but it goes on clear. It doesn't smooth out my skin as much as I thought it would. My pores with the primer on do not look different, but the difference with the foundation on is astonishing. Also, the product is very light and, apart from a mild, short-lived rosy skin upon application (must be the sunscreen), does not elicit any adverse reaction. I imagine that this product would work for sensitive skin as well, because it is light in texture, has no scent, and the shimmer is very fine.

As others have mentioned, this primer does have shimmer/glitter in it. It is not advertised on the package, which encloses the product, so you can't see what it is like. Frankly, after getting home from shopping and looking up the reviews, I imagined the product would be loaded with chunks of glitter, and got scared. However, so far it has been barely noticeable. The shimmer is extremely fine, and when I put it on my face (fair skin), it barely gives me a glow. In other words, it is far from Edward Cullen's sparkle that has been mentioned. Perhaps the bigger glitter is mixed in there and will come out later...So far I have only used the product three times. I will update when I use it for a month.

I think it is a quality product and it does what it's designed for. I would buy it again.

*** *** ***
7/26/13 update: I am still using the same tube! I am surprised how long it lasts, considering I have been using it almost all over my face every day. A little goes a long way, though. I have been looking at other primers to try, when this runs out, and so far find that this one is the most natural of all. I still like the primer; it helps the foundation to stay on and my skin looks good even despite the humidity. Also, I have never had any issues with the overbearing glitter that others have mentioned. It only gives a healthy glow. I will buy it again soon.

*** *** ***
11/10/13: I am *almost* through with my first tube, and can't believe it has lasted for so long. For about two months in the Summer, I have only used it under eyes, as opposed to the whole face, and that has certainly helped to stretch out the product. I do still enjoy using this primer very much. The only upsetting aspect I have recently been made aware of is that Neutrogena tests on animals (except their Naturals line). I wish I hadn't gotten myself another tube yet. I am always on the lookout for "healthy" makeup, and will therefore look for an alternative that has been made sans cruelty.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 7:58:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, but I don't use it to increase makeup staying power, since I don't wear foundation. I use it alone as a moisturizer and to add just a bit of a finished look to skin. Since I have combo-oily skin, I don't need to wear moisturizer with this. It hydrates enough for the day. The chemical SPF isn't high, but I loathe to wear too much chemical sunscreen, and an SPF of 15 did not irritate my skin. (Mineral-based sunscreens clog my pores badly, no matter how cosmetically elegant, so i'm glad there's no zinc and little titanium dioxide in the formula.)