Stila In The Know Palette

4.3

mica, triethylhexanoin, zinc stearate, nylon 12, dimethicone, polyehtylene, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, boron nitride, ptfe, silica, lauroyl lysine, tocopheryl acetate, may contain [+/- ] titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), carmine (ci 75470), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), ultramarines (ci 77007), manganese violet (ci 77742), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163). < iln c121007> contains carmine as color additive. smudge stick waterproof eye liner - isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, peg/ppg-19/19 dimethicone, synthetic wax, hydrogenated polydicyclopentadiene, nylon-12, c20-40 alcohols, perfluorononyl dimethicone, polyglyceryl-4 diisostearate/polyhydroxystearate/sebacate, polyethylene, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, tocopherol may contain (+/-) mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), bronze powder (ci 77400), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), aluminum powder (ci 77000) .

on 2/27/2015 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My weekday go to for sure. I can't usually say every color is "functional" in a shadow pallet,but with this one I can. The shadows are creamy,super pigmented, and really blendable. Matte shadows are a gift from the gods

on 1/25/2015 12:38:00 AM

Excellent Palette especially if you love mattes. No fall out and color pay off is excellent. Love the mattes in this palette !

on 1/15/2015 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This palette is a nice collection of mattes, which is sometimes hard to find. The colours are all quite pigmented though a bit powdery. They are easy to blend. After about 4hrs they will fade if you don't use primer(which I often forget to do). I do like this palette but it didn't blow me away.

on 11/22/2014 4:21:00 PM

This palette, along with the other "In the . . ." palettes, appears to be discontinued. I purchased this from the Stila website during a friends and family sale, and I was never wowed by it, but wasn't to the point of wanting to return it. Some of the colors have a lot of fallout, especially the black and dark brown, and Rain and Driftwood are hard, so they apply patchy. Air just doesn't seem to show up at all, so I cannot use it as a brow highlighter, which was my intention. Overall, the palette has some nice colors, but it definitely isn't one I use every day.

on 10/16/2014 2:58:00 PM

I love the colors in this palette so much that I bought a second one to keep in my office. I was looking for some great mattes and I use these colors a lot. My only complaint is that these colors always disappear mid day and I use the Nyx primer underneath which works for me with other brands of eye shadow.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Oh how I love this ! I got it at ulta tonite for $20- 21 days of beauty- how could I not ? The eyeliner alone was worth it- smudge stick are easy to use & don't irritate my watery eyes.
As for the colors- fire & driftwood- well all of them really are unique to my collection. I have another stila palette - in the buff- and over 20 mac pans in a palette & the only 3 that are dupes- are the lightest ones that I go thru like crazy anyways ! I'm 46 and have no issues with these matte colors aging my eyes.

Normally matte eyeshadow is just plain boring, so I honestly wasn't expecting much when I first looked at this rather un-assuming palate of mostly neutral shades. After falling in love with the Stila in the light palette I decided to give this a try. There really aren't any super can't live with out them shades on this, but I do like that you can get a couple of great looks out of one palette and believe it or not there isn't one color that I don't use. It seems to me that when ever I buy an eyeshadow palette there is always one color that I just don't use, and one color that I use the heck out of and use up first. That is not the case with this one.
I also like that it comes with an eyeliner and generous mirror. Let's face it I'm lazy about my make-up and travel a lot for work I love that I can grab this and go, and it works well for day (meetings) and night (cocktails). Basically I can grab this, my CC cream and mascara and be more or less good to go for whatever.
So in a nut shell great neutrals (though as previously mentioned nothing really special). This palete would be perfect for someone lazy (hey that's me) or someone young that needs a fool proof palette that won't make you look like a clown.

on 5/7/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this palette at the suggestion of a Sephora salesperson and am very impressed by the unique combination of colors and that all the shades are matte. The colors are just different enough from other "natural" palettes. The shades also flatter my green eyes as many have a bit of red (clay and rain are my favorites). Am using matte shadows in order to minimize signs of aging lids. However, the formulation of these eyeshadows looks and feels just a bit too powdery, which emphasizes those aggravating signs of aging lids and somewhat negates my "matte is better for aging lids" strategy. I wish these shadows felt and looked just a bit creamier. I do experience a bit of fallout, as well. Because of this "over-powdery" effect, I probably don't benefit from the full potential of looks achievable from this palate since I'm reluctant to apply too much. Please note, I am applying these to well-moisturized and primed (Urban Decay primer potion) eyelids. The palette is packaged well - attractive, tidy and containing a little instruction booklet to get you started on different looks/combinations. I've always felt Stila offers great value in terms of quality/price, but I would gladly pay a bit more for a matte eyeshadow that doesn't look like I went crazy with the powder-puff!

on 4/11/2014 1:56:00 PM

before purchasing I searched this palette like crazy and watched videos and really did my research before going to sephora and swatching and eventually purchasing this palette. first off it's a very expensive palette in my opinion (50$ cdn) but I wanted something all matte and neutrals and I'd heard great things about stila eyeshadows. this is not a horrible palette, the colours are very nice being more of pinky/orange based neutrals along with dark browns and greys, although it is a bit chalky and may not last verrrry long....I don't personally recommend this palette I would have liked to have maybe tried the Lorac pro, but over all it's very nice colors and quite a few options, although the colors are all very similar, so maybe not your sole palette. don't regret it, but will not re purchase!

on 3/23/2014 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

love the creaminess of these shadows. would repurchase.