John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls

3.4

WATER, GLYCERIN, AMODIMETHICONE, VP/VA COPOLYMER, OLIVE OIL PEG-7 ESTERS, DIMETHICONE PEG-8 MEADOWFOAMATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, PANTHENOL, VP/DIMETHYLAMINOETHYLMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, POLYQUATERNIUM-11, CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, TRIDECETH-12, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, FRAGRANCE, CITRIC ACID

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

My hair is like 2c, 3a... It's weird. In humid or rainy climates it's like nearly 3b. I use this to keep my wavy curls more intact...it gives definition and slight hold. It doesn't make my hair crunchy...I have thin hair, but not fine...about medium coarseness. It really doesn't work that different that Aussie's hair insurance leave-in conditioner which I've been using for years. I've also come to learn that homemade spray gels often use aloe Vera...which is what's in the Aussie leave in conditioner. I think Frieda's is a little stronger and adds more shine perhaps...but Aussie smells better. Tonight I'm using both becaus run letting my hair air dry in a bun as I sleep. On my wet hair I spray the leave in conditioner, it helps me comb through it as well. Then when I'm ready for bed I spray this stuff in and put my hair up. In the morning my hair is pretty volumized and curly. I also use it to refresh my curls. I've bought it several times...but I would prefer Redken's Wool Shake as my ideal product for curl volume and definition and hold...but it's like $17.

on 2/27/2015 7:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this product. I'm mixed and my curls are between a 3B and 3C. I use this before diffusing and I've found that it really helps with curl definition and providing hold for the rest of the day. My hair would literally fall flat without it.

I don't use this product for it's intended use as I have such weak curls I sometimes use a deep wave styler to get the waves I've always craved. Without spraying this onto my hair beforehand (when it's dry) my waves would drop out within an hour or two. With this they last at least all day and often until I next wash my hair. It doesn't make my hair feel coated or stiff and my hair has natural movement but it's best not to try to brush it afterwards or it looks a little frizzy.

on 12/18/2014 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm on the fence about this. I went through an entire bottle within a month. I had to use so much of the product to get a result that could last me through the day. I basically had to drench my hair in this. Only then would it make my curls look good. But they did look super good eventually. Perhaps this would work better for someone with less stubborn curls or wavy hair.

on 9/22/2013 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have never used this to initially style my hair (i.e. out of the shower when it's wet). I only use this product to refresh my curls later in the day or the following day. I agree, it can make your hair a bit crunchy, but overall I like it to give them a little more life and bounce after a long day or the following day. I haven't find anything else to do that job besides spray gel.

on 8/13/2013 3:21:00 PM

Been buying for years! Great refresher and styler for my thick, curly hair.

on 7/15/2013 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff along with the Mousse are THE only reasons why I can wear my hair natural and down! When I run out of this my hair is either heat styled or up in a bun. I think maybe technique on this is a factor? I use A LOT of the mouse for my middle back length hair. I dispense it all over from root to tip with my head upside down then I wide tooth comb it through. Out of the shower I put my hair up in a t-shirt so after the mouse is in I use the wet shirt to scrunch my hair. I do NOT use my fingers. After that I get ready, doing my makeup and getting dressed. Before I leave the house my hair feels crunchy and still partially damp. This is when I use the spray and I scrunch that in again with the damp T-shirt. This last step is the MOST important! If I don't do this my hair is crunch city. This step makes my hair voluminous, soft, and minimizes frizz! NOTHING else I've tried works as good as these products with these steps! John Frieda don't EVER discontinue these!!!!! I also use this spray on 2nd day waves to revive the bounce, and it works like a charm!

on 6/20/2013 2:24:00 PM

I took it back right after I used it I hated it! Made my hair heavy and crunchy and the spray was very uneven!

If I could give this product a 0, I would. I used this shampoo with my friend whose hair is different than mine. I have thick, wavy, frizzy brown hair. She has blonde, straight, thin and sleek hair. More like nightmare curls! Both our heads were left dry, frizzy and course. Thumbs down.

on 4/12/2013 6:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a product to enhance the wave in my hair and this is not it. I tried using more, I tried scrunching, I tried just not touching my hair at all. It also didn't do anything for frizz. I gave it to my sister who has naturally spiral curls and she didn't like it either. I wish I had kept the receipt.

Popular Styling Products