August 1, 2014 | 1853 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Dream Curls

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by tinatac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have never used this to initially style my hair (i.e. out of the shower when it's wet). I only use this product to refresh my curls later in the day or the following day. I agree, it can make your hair a bit crunchy, but overall I like it to give them a little more life and bounce after a long day or the following day. I haven't find anything else to do that job besides spray gel.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by lbackstrom

Been buying for years! Great refresher and styler for my thick, curly hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jallen2789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff along with the Mousse are THE only reasons why I can wear my hair natural and down! When I run out of this my hair is either heat styled or up in a bun. I think maybe technique on this is a factor? I use A LOT of the mouse for my middle back length hair. I dispense it all over from root to tip with my head upside down then I wide tooth comb it through. Out of the shower I put my hair up in a t-shirt so after the mouse is in I use the wet shirt to scrunch my hair. I do NOT use my fingers. After that I get ready, doing my makeup and getting dressed. Before I leave the house my hair feels crunchy and still partially damp. This is when I use the spray and I scrunch that in again with the damp T-shirt. This last step is the MOST important! If I don't do this my hair is crunch city. This step makes my hair voluminous, soft, and minimizes frizz! NOTHING else I've tried works as good as these products with these steps! John Frieda don't EVER discontinue these!!!!! I also use this spray on 2nd day waves to revive the bounce, and it works like a charm!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 4:31:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

This was one of my thumbs down hair products. It made my curls frizzy and hair absolutely dry. I never got past 3 applications of this, because I hated how it made my hair look. It was really sticky and smelled like chemicals.

I would NOT recommend this product. I threw it out. Nothing more to say.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Tayloralma

I took it back right after I used it I hated it! Made my hair heavy and crunchy and the spray was very uneven!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by jemapellegizem

If I could give this product a 0, I would. I used this shampoo with my friend whose hair is different than mine. I have thick, wavy, frizzy brown hair. She has blonde, straight, thin and sleek hair. More like nightmare curls! Both our heads were left dry, frizzy and course. Thumbs down.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2013 6:15:00 PM More reviews by emyrosa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a product to enhance the wave in my hair and this is not it. I tried using more, I tried scrunching, I tried just not touching my hair at all. It also didn't do anything for frizz. I gave it to my sister who has naturally spiral curls and she didn't like it either. I wish I had kept the receipt.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ilikejuice

This product is soo bad... . First, when you spray it, the mist is on the heavier side. I prefer finer mists that evenly distribute all over the hair. Next, this doesn't do anything for my hair. When it dries, my hair is frizzy, curls are limp, and my hair looks dry. I tried spraying a lot on, I tried spraying it in my hands and scrunching it in, and I tried spraying it and twirling my hair. Nothing worked. I regret paying $6 for this. Using a leave-in conditioner with curl boosting mousse works so much better for me, even if it gets a little crunchy sometimes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticjunky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product because a friend told me that it worked without making your hair crunchy...That friend is a liar! LoL. It does what it says in the sense that it increases the curl and it gives moderate hold but the claim that it leaves curls soft and touchable is untrue. It is little above a spray gel and as with most of John Frieda's products I remain underwhelmed.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by yordreammuse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this every day on my daughter's naturally curly hair. It seperates every curl and holds most of the day. I really do not really care for the smell, neither does she. If I spray it on her hair when it is wet she has ZERO frizz all day long