Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Adore

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is the first Balm Stain I got from Revlon and wow I am such a believer of this product and I love this so much I already on my 3rd stick! This goes really well with my Asian complexion and it literally lasts the whole day even after meals. I also got the Lacquer Balm but I find it too shiny and glossy making it last shorter than this Balm Stain. I would recommend this to anyone, I wear this everyday.

While this particular shade doesn't last quite as long as some of the other shades I've tried, it's definitely my favorite! Beautiful shade of red that's very versatile! Not too bright for daytime, but can be easily played up for a night look! Adore has a nice moisturizing feel, and every time I wear this (which is pretty much every day) someone will almost compliment the shade :)

on 5/21/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this! It's one of those deep, ox-blood red lipsticks that looks perfect when you're trying to look grown-up and sophisticated. I often use this when the occassion requires me to look more mature. Love the texture, love the wear time! However, be warned that this isn't opaque, it's more of a sheer brown-red at first, so it's not scary to wear. It fades to an orangey color that's much more brighter than it is at first, so if you want it to stay oxblood red, you have to constantly reapply, but that's my only gripe with this product.

on 2/22/2014 1:04:00 PM

It's a nice formulation -- sheer and shimmery, with a medium pop of color -- but this color is just too orange/coral for me.

on 11/18/2013 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i like this color but I think I like Honey better. Its comes down to the glitter and I am not a fan of glitter on my lips. Otherwise it performs well it is long lasting and pigmented.

on 11/18/2013 10:57:00 AM

I think that this is a cool product if you are lucky to pick a shade that looks good on you.

And that is where the tricky part starts: the shade changes over time. By that I do not mean anything such as "it shades a bit", what I mean is "it changes so much, that if it looked good on you at the beginning, there is a high chance it won´t flatter your skin tone one hour later.... or the other way round!".

When I bought it and applied it, I was really happy. It was exactly, but really exactly the colour I have been searching for since ever: brown-red that is deep but not so bold you could not wear it daily. I love, love, love that colour, and it is a good match with my cool-neutral/olive pale skin. BUT. Less than half an hour later, the colour changes into something that tends to be called "hibiscus" in cosmetics: orange-pink bright that has nothing to do with the original colour you saw in the mirror. It might look lovely on warm skins, but definitely not on mine.

To summarize: the cover of the pencil looks plummy, the pencil as such looks dark brown, the first impression on lips is brown-red and later it develops into (and lasts as) pink-coral. If you are fine with whole that rainbow, lucky you. Go ahead and purchase it, it is a long-lasting, non-drying, handbag friendly product one can fall in love with. Just beware of the lottery character of the colour: you can never ever see the true colour just by swatching it in a shop.

on 11/17/2013 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this balm stain!!! This is my first balm stain that I bought from Revlon. At the first I want to buy pink shade instead of red, because I'm not brave enough to wear red lipstick and most of red lipsticks out there look awkward on my skin tone :| but I decided to give it a try. And I'm impressed! This product comes in deep brick blood red with micro gold shimmer, the shade is gorgeus, and the price is very affordable!! Would repurchase the other shades ;)

on 11/9/2013 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Love the russet color of Adore, but the glitter it contains is irritating to my stupid sensitive lips. Not sure why they felt they needed to put in glitter as the other dark ones don't have it and they cause no problems to me (Romantic, Crush, Honey). Low rating is for the glitter problem - I LOVE the product otherwise. It is amazing as a base under my expensive highend irritating lipsticks providing a buffer as well as extending the color plus it doesn't dilute the lipstick color as a clear or light base does. I also like to layer the different colors to create new shades.

on 11/2/2013 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really like this. I bought it in the color Honey first..I liked that color but love Adore even better. I never thought of this as a red when I bought it or when I put it on. I have fair/light skin with cool undertones and most lip colors don't quite work for me..I wear it everyday..even when I workout in the morning...I don't think of it as a nighttime color or super dark. It never dries out my lips.

on 10/17/2013 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I already have two shades from the Just Bitten line, Honey and Lovesick, and I like both. I'm particularly attached to Lovesick, since it provides a great pop of color, but was looking for something darker for fall. I picked up Adore at Walmart for $7.48.

The color is buildable and gorgeous, and, like the rest of the line, has a slightly minty scent. It fades quickly. I found this shade relatively long-wearing, and even as it faded, it did so evenly and didn't look patchy. My only con is that I found this shade slightly drying. The next time I wear it, I'll make sure to thoroughly exfoliate my lips prior to application, and possibly apply a bit of hydrating balm before I apply Adore.