It's a nice formulation -- sheer and shimmery, with a medium pop of color -- but this color is just too orange/coral for me.
i like this color but I think I like Honey better. Its comes down to the glitter and I am not a fan of glitter on my lips. Otherwise it performs well it is long lasting and pigmented.
I think that this is a cool product if you are lucky to pick a shade that looks good on you.
And that is where the tricky part starts: the shade changes over time. By that I do not mean anything such as "it shades a bit", what I mean is "it changes so much, that if it looked good on you at the beginning, there is a high chance it won´t flatter your skin tone one hour later.... or the other way round!".
When I bought it and applied it, I was really happy. It was exactly, but really exactly the colour I have been searching for since ever: brown-red that is deep but not so bold you could not wear it daily. I love, love, love that colour, and it is a good match with my cool-neutral/olive pale skin. BUT. Less than half an hour later, the colour changes into something that tends to be called "hibiscus" in cosmetics: orange-pink bright that has nothing to do with the original colour you saw in the mirror. It might look lovely on warm skins, but definitely not on mine.
To summarize: the cover of the pencil looks plummy, the pencil as such looks dark brown, the first impression on lips is brown-red and later it develops into (and lasts as) pink-coral. If you are fine with whole that rainbow, lucky you. Go ahead and purchase it, it is a long-lasting, non-drying, handbag friendly product one can fall in love with. Just beware of the lottery character of the colour: you can never ever see the true colour just by swatching it in a shop.
I love this balm stain!!! This is my first balm stain that I bought from Revlon. At the first I want to buy pink shade instead of red, because I'm not brave enough to wear red lipstick and most of red lipsticks out there look awkward on my skin tone :| but I decided to give it a try. And I'm impressed! This product comes in deep brick blood red with micro gold shimmer, the shade is gorgeus, and the price is very affordable!! Would repurchase the other shades ;)
Love the russet color of Adore, but the glitter it contains is irritating to my stupid sensitive lips. Not sure why they felt they needed to put in glitter as the other dark ones don't have it and they cause no problems to me (Romantic, Crush, Honey). Low rating is for the glitter problem - I LOVE the product otherwise. It is amazing as a base under my expensive highend irritating lipsticks providing a buffer as well as extending the color plus it doesn't dilute the lipstick color as a clear or light base does. I also like to layer the different colors to create new shades.
I really like this. I bought it in the color Honey first..I liked that color but love Adore even better. I never thought of this as a red when I bought it or when I put it on. I have fair/light skin with cool undertones and most lip colors don't quite work for me..I wear it everyday..even when I workout in the morning...I don't think of it as a nighttime color or super dark. It never dries out my lips.
My goodness I love this balm stain! The lasting power is great and the color payoff is amazing. This is my everyday go to lip color because it looks amazing with a winged liner look!
I already have two shades from the Just Bitten line, Honey and Lovesick, and I like both. I'm particularly attached to Lovesick, since it provides a great pop of color, but was looking for something darker for fall. I picked up Adore at Walmart for $7.48.
The color is buildable and gorgeous, and, like the rest of the line, has a slightly minty scent. It fades quickly. I found this shade relatively long-wearing, and even as it faded, it did so evenly and didn't look patchy. My only con is that I found this shade slightly drying. The next time I wear it, I'll make sure to thoroughly exfoliate my lips prior to application, and possibly apply a bit of hydrating balm before I apply Adore.
perfect fall shade, lovelovelove<3
Compared to the $16 Clinique version at Sephora, 1o bucks isn't too bad and I actually like that menthol mint smell. The balm does stain lips for a while and it won't fade quickly at all. Also, it seems like there is a lot of product for what you are paying for.
Definitely would recommend it!
- I love the minty taste and feel - so refreshing!
- Although the color isn't as red as promised (see below), what you *do* get is decent for everyday wear, if slightly dressed-up-looking. Luckily, this looks okay on me, but it may not work for everyone.
- The shimmer isn't nearly as alarming as it looks in the tube, so don't let that scare you off!
- The packaging is good. It's a nice, easy-to-grasp chubby pencil, and I've never had any problems with the cap falling off or nicking the bullet with the cap.
- Wear time is respectable. As long as you give it time to set, it'll last all day, even through meals, although it does tend to settle into the creases of my lips, especially towards the end of the day.
- What you see isn't necessarily what you get. The tube promises a true, slightly deepish red, and the product itself looks like a shimmery brick-red, but once it's on your lips, it settles fairly quickly into a sort of shiny, dark pinkish-red. Again, it looks okay on me, but if you're looking for something to match the tube or product, look elsewhere.
- The "Balm" part of "Balm Stain" could be better. While it's not as harsh on one's lips as a regular lipgloss or lipstick, I've definitely used much gentler and more revitalizing tinted balms/balm stains/etc.
While I'm not outraged or anything, I am a little disappointed in this product, especially given all the praise it's been getting. It's not particularly balmy OR staining, the color isn't true to either the tube or the bullet (and while what I *did* get worked for me, that's definitely more a piece of luck than anything else), and while I keep it around because I already bought it, so why not, I wouldn't be heartbroken if I lost it or had to get rid of it to free up space in my makeup bag.