April 18, 2014 | 903 users online

Toners - MAC - Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Natashavertannes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product, I bought it because I thought I was in need of a good hydrating mist to refresh my face in the morning. I found out about this and so I bought it to try it out. It overall is an okay product, nothing too special. I sprayed it on my face and all it does is make my face feel cooler for a minute until it sinks in. It left a sticky residue on my face which I don't like. It didn't help me hydrate my thirsty dry skin, but the good thing is that it sets makeup and makes foundation look more dewy rather than matte. I bought avene thermale spring water and it works much much better for a fraction of the price. It helped my sensitive skin feel cooler and more calm. This did not live up to my expectation, but at least it does one helpful thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by addikted

Bought this at a discounted price on a whim and after the initial buzz of a bounty of discounted products wore off, I put this in a drawer and promptly forgot about it for ages..

Well I'm glad I found it and after thinking it's probably a bit of a non-product and thinking it wouldn't do much, I tried it out.

I have found this to be refreshing on skin anytime during the day, with or without makeup. On those humid days, it takes out the heat and sweaty feeling and cools and resets my makeup.

I like this BEST for over my mineral makeup as it quickly helps to take the slight powdery look away - usually I see my mineral makeup settles in and natural oils and moisture in my face meld together so it looks like skin/no powdery layer. Now my mm looks good without this anyway, but a spritz or two of this makes it look just lovely straight away and helps it stay lovely all day.

I also find this is great to spray on, wait a few moments for it to dry on face, then apply makeup - it evens out your base nicely and feels refreshing and it does feel like it's giving my skin a drink.

At full price I'm not sure I love it enough to repurchase..but would discounted and this is the kind of thing on evilbay because people don't give it a chance or don't use it right. What I will add is this lasts quite well, the mist is fine. I love the twist top bottle to lock the lid on and I've had no issues with it drying out in bottle or evporating away I should say. It is a great sized bottle that feels nice being held and is light enough for travel.

I do like this and feel I could learn to love it with continued use. I will keep an eye out for this at discounted price. In Australia it's $32 online. I think I paid about $10, for which I am happy :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by InfinityGuitars

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this nearly every single day & I love it. I don't use it how I'm "supposed to" because with my (sometimes very) oily skin, dryness isn't a problem for me! Instead, I use this both over & under makeup; it actually sets my makeup amazingly well. The dewy look it gives is the best, seriously. This is awesome to use to help spread out foundation or "soften" it, if that makes sense. Something else great about this mist is how it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out, so I'll continue using it as I have been as opposed to using it as a refresher or a toner. It is kind of pricey, but I definitely recommend this product & I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a refresher spray!! NOT a setting spray! do not use it to set your makeup. use the mac fix + for that. with thay said I love this product! I use this after I wash my face and before I moisturize morning and night. I basically use it like a toner. had it for a month and a half and I'm more that half way done I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to MAC to buy Fix+, I never used it before and the seller recommended me this instead because I have dry skin and told me this would be more hydrating then Fix+. On the packaging it says that you can use it, after cleansing, before moisturzing and to reset applied make-up. It comes in a pretty pump bottle with shimmers and has a light scent. I used it in all three ways but I did not find it very moisturizing to my skin, I used it mainly as a refreshing spray after make-up or to reset during the day but it's not a musthave imo! I now did buy Fix+ because I'm curious if I like that one better. Ingredients: water/aqua, butylene glycol, Caffeine, Diamond Powder, Polysorbate 80, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Fragrance (parfum), Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love it!!! Use it after cleaning face, before and after makeup....anytime!! It's wonderful....doesn't break me out or make me oily. Will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by samuellewis

I love this stuff! It's like fix + but much much much better! It has much better ingredients and is ideal for summer! I use this over/under makeup, i use it before bed, in the day, it's just a great hydrating mist that actually DOES hydrate the skin! A very good toner, obviously it won't do any miracles, but it's just a toner afterall, an extra step, but a step i will gladly continue with from now on :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by laylaperdomo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Way better than Fix + IMO.
Excellent for dry skin.

I use this before foundation during the dead of winter to add hydration and to remove the powdery effect of finished makeup.

I also find it very helpful in blending in my cream foundations.

I even use it as a refresher over the skin on cold days when I am stuck in the office's stale air for prolonged periods of time.

Because you need so little of it, this will last a very long time for personal use so I can't complain on the price.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by lil_kismet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist has replaced my bottle of Fix+ which I now neglect. This beats it straight out of the water, I just repurchased this for the 3rd time, I love it that much! My main use for this is sheering out my foundation. I'll spritz my brush with it before dipping into my foundation, and I am left with a flawless, non-cakey finish. I love the refreshing scent to it and it leaves my skin feeling so refreshed and hydrated. I like it way more than Fix+ because I find Fix+ can leave a sticky feel to your skin and can leave your skin looking and feeling oily after a couple of hours (especially in the hot summer months). The Charged Water mist wears much more comfortably on the skin. I never apply foundation without this liquid gem.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by cainca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thought this would be a gimmick. It's not - really worked to brighten and tone my skin. A nice surprise really. Picked it up at an outlet store but would probably also buy at full price.