December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Toners - MAC - Mineralize Charged Water Skin Hydrating Mist

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Chaneliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I went to my local counter to purchase the Fix+, but it was currently out of stock, so they offered me this product instead, to moisturize my skin before applying face makeup... And I love it! My skin is more on the dry side, especially in winter and this product is an amazing addition to my charged water collection. After cleansing my face I use the mist first, wait until it's dry and then apply the Charged water gel cream and eye cream. This is just the perfect combination, leaves my skin very soft and gives a perfect base for my foundation. The effect lasts all day long, without it - sometimes after only a few hours - I had the feeling that my skin is in need of a "drink", but since I am using this in combo with the other two charged water gels I don't have this problem any more. I would definately recommend this product for people with dry skin. However it cannot be used to fixate your makeup after application, so I also bought the Fix+ and I will continue to repurchase them both.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by FauxChic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'd say this product is for dryer skin types in comparison to the Fix+ that MAC offers. After using it for months I found that, it looks more 'glossier' on the skin than the Fix+ and I felt like I went through it quicker than the Fix+. Nonetheless I still like it. Doing research though it seems that these refreshing spray type products are simply a concoction of glycerin and distilled water which essentially makes me think that these pricey variants aren't worth it. Overall I prefer the Fix+, I see this benefiting very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 7:48:00 AM More reviews by staceyprincess88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this. Its so refreshing and makes my skin look healthy and dewy. When sprayed over makeup it gives a gorgeous glow. I wear this everyday. Will be great for the winter when my skins a little dry. Definatly worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Kalahlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

There's not much to say about this product , its great to use after you're done setting your makeup with powder and don't want that " powder matte look " its also good if you used too much of a product on your face like example " if you used a little too much blush " & spray this it will tone the blush down a little bit and make it sink .

a great dupe for this product is the " Elf mist setting spray " that is also really good for your face as well it has great healthy ingredients in it for your face such as vitamin A, C and E and aloe vera and other good things . the " elf mist setting spray " is also cheaper .

i have Both of these products and use them for different looks .
the difference is when i use the " elf mist setting spray " i usually use it on my face BEFORE i put my foundation on ( because of the healthy ingredients in it ) .
and i use my mac for after im done my whole makeup or im done putting my foundation on and setting it with my powder . .

the mac is pricey, it is 25-27 dollars which irritates me lol i think they should lower this product because there's so much setting sprays out there that are really good that are cheaper . their setting spray is basically the same amount as their Mac studio fix fluid foundation :/ which confuses me . but i still do like this product . just too pricey .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. I have oily skin that tends to shine after few hours. I thought that this is unnecessary as my skin is already oily but the MAC MUA convince me to try. I notice now that my skin look less oily after i start using it under and after my makeup. Probably i have oily/dehydrated skin. Now my makeup last longer and less shine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Natashavertannes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay product, I bought it because I thought I was in need of a good hydrating mist to refresh my face in the morning. I found out about this and so I bought it to try it out. It overall is an okay product, nothing too special. I sprayed it on my face and all it does is make my face feel cooler for a minute until it sinks in. It left a sticky residue on my face which I don't like. It didn't help me hydrate my thirsty dry skin, but the good thing is that it sets makeup and makes foundation look more dewy rather than matte. I bought avene thermale spring water and it works much much better for a fraction of the price. It helped my sensitive skin feel cooler and more calm. This did not live up to my expectation, but at least it does one helpful thing.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by addikted

Bought this at a discounted price on a whim and after the initial buzz of a bounty of discounted products wore off, I put this in a drawer and promptly forgot about it for ages..

Well I'm glad I found it and after thinking it's probably a bit of a non-product and thinking it wouldn't do much, I tried it out.

I have found this to be refreshing on skin anytime during the day, with or without makeup. On those humid days, it takes out the heat and sweaty feeling and cools and resets my makeup.

I like this BEST for over my mineral makeup as it quickly helps to take the slight powdery look away - usually I see my mineral makeup settles in and natural oils and moisture in my face meld together so it looks like skin/no powdery layer. Now my mm looks good without this anyway, but a spritz or two of this makes it look just lovely straight away and helps it stay lovely all day.

I also find this is great to spray on, wait a few moments for it to dry on face, then apply makeup - it evens out your base nicely and feels refreshing and it does feel like it's giving my skin a drink.

At full price I'm not sure I love it enough to repurchase..but would discounted and this is the kind of thing on evilbay because people don't give it a chance or don't use it right. What I will add is this lasts quite well, the mist is fine. I love the twist top bottle to lock the lid on and I've had no issues with it drying out in bottle or evporating away I should say. It is a great sized bottle that feels nice being held and is light enough for travel.

I do like this and feel I could learn to love it with continued use. I will keep an eye out for this at discounted price. In Australia it's $32 online. I think I paid about $10, for which I am happy :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I use this nearly every single day & I love it. I don't use it how I'm "supposed to" because with my (sometimes very) oily skin, dryness isn't a problem for me! Instead, I use this both over & under makeup; it actually sets my makeup amazingly well. The dewy look it gives is the best, seriously. This is awesome to use to help spread out foundation or "soften" it, if that makes sense. Something else great about this mist is how it doesn't irritate my skin or make me break out, so I'll continue using it as I have been as opposed to using it as a refresher or a toner. It is kind of pricey, but I definitely recommend this product & I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by melaniepich

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a refresher spray!! NOT a setting spray! do not use it to set your makeup. use the mac fix + for that. with thay said I love this product! I use this after I wash my face and before I moisturize morning and night. I basically use it like a toner. had it for a month and a half and I'm more that half way done I love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2013 10:28:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to MAC to buy Fix+, I never used it before and the seller recommended me this instead because I have dry skin and told me this would be more hydrating then Fix+. On the packaging it says that you can use it, after cleansing, before moisturzing and to reset applied make-up. It comes in a pretty pump bottle with shimmers and has a light scent. I used it in all three ways but I did not find it very moisturizing to my skin, I used it mainly as a refreshing spray after make-up or to reset during the day but it's not a musthave imo! I now did buy Fix+ because I'm curious if I like that one better. Ingredients: water/aqua, butylene glycol, Caffeine, Diamond Powder, Polysorbate 80, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Sulfate, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Phosphate, Fragrance (parfum), Linalool, Citral, Limonene, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol.