Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Beautiful Eyes - Beautiful Purples

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This eyeshadow palette was pretty good. I really loved the packaging and most of the colors, but the lightest purple color barely showed on my lid. The colors also aren't build able. However, the colors blended together nicely and overall gave my eyes a nice look. Nothing too special though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is a really hard palette to work with. The 5 colors are really nice looking, in great shades of purple but here are the problems:

1) The shadows are not soft and blendable. As some reviewers mentioned for the single shadows, they seem to just sit on your eye and not blend in nicely.

2) Incredibly hard to pigment. No matter how much shadow you put on, you can't intensify the color. So it stays very natural but not great for a more dramatic, evening finish

3) The smell!!! I don't know if it's the Argan oil base, but after a few months, the palette starts smelling really bad (kind of like BO). I have to hold my breath just to use it now and even a friend of mine commented on it when she was only looking at the palette

4) The mirror bends back too far and makes it difficult to use as your only mirror when applying.

I gave it 2 lippies b/c I do like how part of the cost of her products go back to various charities and even back to Morocco where Argan Oil is made, and the products are eco-friendly.