Sephora Smoothing Translucent Setting Powder

Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Mica, Sorbic Acid, Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Caprooyl Tetrapeptide-3, Dextran

on 4/3/2015 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Wow, this beats any setting powder I've ever used! It changed my unusable foundations into longer-wearing, more matte versions. Impressive! The packaging is genius- a small amount comes out when you need it to and no more. It's very light and airy, is matte without being dull or flat, is virtually undetectable and doesn't add or change any pigment. It also doesn't break me out, which says a lot. No bismuth oxychloride, talc, corn starch, etc. I couldn't use my YSL BB cream before, since it didn't last and looked oily on me. With this magical gem, it lasts perfectly all day and has a natural, not-too-matte finish. This is a steal and I will continue purchasing until it's no longer made. Great job, Sephora.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This powder works really well for setting your makeup, and absorbing any oil on your face as well. It also has a really interesting package design, which makes it great to get out just the right amount of product you need; and it prevents you from loosing all your powder if you drop it. I bought this product instead of the MAC prep+prime pressed translucent powder because, while I like that powder, I wanted to see if I could find something that would work just as well at a cheaper price. I do find it to be comparable-this is cheaper, and you get just slightly more product, but I found that I went through this much faster than I did the Mac powder. It may have had something to do with the fact that I was unused the small amount of product you got out at a time. The downside to the packaging is that it makes it hard to get out once you use a good amount of product. The downside of the product is that there is a very odd smell to it; I didn't notice the smell once it was on my face but I could really smell it when it was on my brush.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Great quality at an affordable price. Doesn't leave any whitish cast & sets my makeup all day. I use this w Sephora airbrush foundation & pressed powder. The packaging is interesting I must say. But it doles out the proper amount of product you need so cannot complain.... It does not unnecessarily waste product which is important to me. This is a great setting powder!!

on 5/31/2013 3:57:00 PM

I really like this product. It instantly mattes my face and keeps me matte for about 5-6 hours. It doesn't keep me matte all day but that's what oil blotting sheets are for. The only thing I really do not like about this product is how sometimes it doesn't give any product when opened. The packaging also feels a little cheap but it's not horrible. I defiantly suggest buying this product if you're curious about it and looking for a decently priced setting powder.

on 8/28/2012 6:50:00 PM

I'm running out of MUFE's HD powder and because I'm on a budget I wanted something cheaper. This is it! This is a terrific powder. I love the soft, buttery texture. Adds no color. No white cast (at least, on me). And it keeps me matte w/o looking like a dusty mummy for longer than MUFE. In fact, I like this much better than MUFE on all counts (I haven't tried other brands) . And it's only $16, which may not be dirt cheap, but compared to the $32 you pay for MUFE it's wonderful! I do recommend it.

Recommended for Normal Skin