December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Loose Powders - Sephora - Smoothing Translucent Setting Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder works really well for setting your makeup, and absorbing any oil on your face as well. It also has a really interesting package design, which makes it great to get out just the right amount of product you need; and it prevents you from loosing all your powder if you drop it. I bought this product instead of the MAC prep+prime pressed translucent powder because, while I like that powder, I wanted to see if I could find something that would work just as well at a cheaper price. I do find it to be comparable-this is cheaper, and you get just slightly more product, but I found that I went through this much faster than I did the Mac powder. It may have had something to do with the fact that I was unused the small amount of product you got out at a time. The downside to the packaging is that it makes it hard to get out once you use a good amount of product. The downside of the product is that there is a very odd smell to it; I didn't notice the smell once it was on my face but I could really smell it when it was on my brush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 6:12:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Great quality at an affordable price. Doesn't leave any whitish cast & sets my makeup all day. I use this w Sephora airbrush foundation & pressed powder. The packaging is interesting I must say. But it doles out the proper amount of product you need so cannot complain.... It does not unnecessarily waste product which is important to me. This is a great setting powder!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by songy67

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had been eyeing the NARS Light-Reflection Loose Setting powder ($35 for 10g) when I spotted this and decided to get it instead ($16 for 7g). It's $19 cheaper than NARS, you get 3g less of product, but it's still a much more frugal buy.

The texture of this setting powder is extremely fine. It's completely matte and doesn't contain any shimmer, unlike the NARS version. It goes onto the skin like silk and instantly mattifies and smooths the surface texture of your complexion. I buff it in lightly with a domed kabuki brush and it makes my face feel baby-soft and my pores almost invisible.

I think the packaging is sleek and functional. The dispensing mechanism is very cool, although I can see how it could get messy if you just throw this in your purse. Although I don't see why you would want to carry around a loose powder with you in the first place.

Overall, I am very happy with this product. I think it's effective, fairly priced, and I enjoy both the aesthetic and functional design of the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Nealy1365

I really like this product. It instantly mattes my face and keeps me matte for about 5-6 hours. It doesn't keep me matte all day but that's what oil blotting sheets are for. The only thing I really do not like about this product is how sometimes it doesn't give any product when opened. The packaging also feels a little cheap but it's not horrible. I defiantly suggest buying this product if you're curious about it and looking for a decently priced setting powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm running out of MUFE's HD powder and because I'm on a budget I wanted something cheaper. This is it! This is a terrific powder. I love the soft, buttery texture. Adds no color. No white cast (at least, on me). And it keeps me matte w/o looking like a dusty mummy for longer than MUFE. In fact, I like this much better than MUFE on all counts (I haven't tried other brands) . And it's only $16, which may not be dirt cheap, but compared to the $32 you pay for MUFE it's wonderful! I do recommend it.