August 22, 2014 | 1992 users online

Liquid - Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Liquid 14-Hour Wear Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

Got this foundation because if the longevity of it and I do like it. It's a little thick and not the easiest to spread but it prefer to use it in a very sheer way. The coverage is full coverage so I like to just use it in the tiniest amount, gives me medium coverage all day. The color range is very strange I recommend getting matched because the color I got, light tan is actually darker than it looks and is also lighter than the "lighter" colors. It's a bit pricy so idk if I would buy again, plus I think it will last me forever!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 12:02:00 PM More reviews by allthecolours

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this for about £24 in Marks & Spencer (the only place that sells Pur minerals in the UK). I purchased in the shade Light Tan and am between an NC20-NC25 for reference. It is yellow based which I liked, as I am neutral leaning more towards the yellow than pink side. I have normal-dry, dehydrated skin. After wearing this foundation, I would personally recommend it for dry-combination skintypes rather than oily.

The foundation itself is thick in consistency, which I wasn't used to as I usually wear something like MAC Face&Body which is very thin. However, it is easy to blend either with the fingers or a brush into the skin. It doesn't emphasize dryness on my face at all and leaves a satin finish. In terms of coverage, I would say it is light-medium depending on how much you build it up.

It claims to last 14 hours - personally I never wear foundation for this length of time but it lasts perfectly fine for at least 9 hours I've tested out. I don't set with powder as I find I don't have to! It really does last well and even in warm weather I haven't found my skin turning shiny.

I like the packaging as it has a pump which makes it more hygienic and convineant. I haven't ha an issue with it breaking out my sensitive skin.

On the whole, I would say this foundation is a nice one but nothing extra ordinary. I wish it was cheaper as the price tag is steep. I like it for every day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by TiaBerry

This is definitely my HG foundation.

*Pros*
- Really DOES last 14 hours. I wore this in a SAUNA and it did not smudge.
- You really DON'T need a primer, it goes on very smoothly
- It gives a nice dewy , glowy finish.
- Comes in a big glass jar
- No scent!
- Does not break out my SUPER sensitive skin :)

*Cons*
Does not have a wide range of shades. I had to get one that is slightly darker, because the lightest was too light.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 4:02:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I like Pur a lot and their foundations are awesome. I prefer this over the powder foundation I first was introduced to. This reminds me a lot of Revlon Colorstay, without the chemicals. It really does last over 14 hours like it says and doesn't look cakey or heavy.

It's 4 in 1, so no primer needed, or concealer, or setting powder. It doesn't need anything with it. It's easy to blend and it medium to full coverage. I had trouble with the coloring because when I went to Ulta the sales rep for Pur matched me to light, and I am not light. It's too yellow on me. I am NW20 and when I picked this up on my own, I found I was better suited to Blush Medium, which is not medium. It's light with cool tones. Just like BE's foundation in Fairly Medium, cool toned light. No idea why they call them medium, its confusing and it annoys me, but I digress.

Good coverage, much more than the powder one and long staying power without fading or transferring. Kinda pricey though, so I don't think I will repurchase. It's just like Revlon.

This foundation dries to a matte finish and runs about $36.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by ping44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this pretty well. It does give the skin a nice glow which I wasn't expecting for a long wear foundation. I would recommend for normal to dry skin. It does last and keep me looking fresh faced. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation really does what it claims to do: last 14 hours. It's uncanny how it lasts, and I like that as I work VERY long days during the week, without any time for touch-ups. I just want to stay professional-looking.
The texture is a bit thick, the coverage is heavy, so use a light hand. It doesn't move much after it is applied. The end result is slightly tacky.
The SPF is not sufficient, so I would advise using a higher SPF sunscreen underneath. I use anything by Paula's Choice.
I bought two bottles of this, as I was initially very impressed, but I am going to seek out lighter options when I finish the product.
Verdict: It isn't bad. It looks far more natural than Estee Lauder Doublewear. As I am 45 now, however, I am going to seek out lighter options after I finish these, as a lighter touch is more flattering to our skin as we get older. Having said that, this stuff really adheres like glue, and I love that. It still looks pretty fresh on my skin after a 12-hour plus day, just a little too "masky" if that makes sense.
I don't believe that the company tests on animals, so that is another consideration. (That is why I will not use Estee Lauder, or many other top brands anymore.)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've been using this for about five days now. I have held off on submitted a review, because I wasn't sure what I thought of this foundation. I've decided that its an okay foundation. I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. There are some things I really like about it, but others...not so much.

I purchased this after thinking I was allergic to Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I read a lot of positive reviews online, and decided to give it a shot. The color samples on the ulta website were not really helpful in choosing a color. So I did a Google search and was able to find a Pur Minerals Color Selection Chart. According to the chart, Blush Medium is the shade for people with medium skin and reddish undertones. So that is the one I purchased. I also asked someone at Ulta about the coverage and if it was good for someone with sensitive skin. I've never used a mineral foundation before. My skin is annoyingly sensitive, so that did concern me some. She told me it was full-coverage and that it was great for people with sensitive skin. It cost $36, which is a bit of a splurge, but is a price point I'm comfortable with.

First, the positives...I really like the pump on this foundation. It was easy to use and kept things neat and clean. It gave you just the right amount of foundation without wasting product. I also had no problems whatsoever with it clogging up. I also thought the Blush medium was a pretty good match for my skin. I think it was just a touch too light, but it wasn't that noticeable. I also like that this didn't irritate my extremely sensitive skin.This makeup is definitely buildable. Now, for the negatives. First, I found this foundation somewhat difficult to work with. It wasn't easy to apply evenly and it was hard to blend. After I applied it and let it set, I looked in the mirror and would see patches of bare skin on my face. The texture of this makeup is also very strange. It feels almost like glue. It's a bit on the thick side and kind of sticky. The directions on the package say to apply with your fingers to moisturized skin. I usually apply my foundation with my fingers anyway. But I found applying this foundation somewhat frustrating. I didn't try it with a brush, but I think that would have been worse.

The coverage was okay. Not exactly what I was looking for. Because of the flaws on my face ( alot of redness and small bumps) I prefer a medium to full coverage foundation. I would say the coverage for this makeup is light and buildable to medium. Even after building it up, it is NOT full coverage. It did a good job of covering up the redness. But it didn't make my face look smooth and flawless. You could still see the bumps under the makeup. It did smooth them out some, but not enough for my liking. As far as the staying power goes, it was good, but not great. Even though this foundation claims to give you 14 hours of wear, it didn't last anywhere near that long for me. Even with a primer, I was still only able to get 7-8 hours of decent wear. After that, it starts flaking off and fading away.

When you first apply it, this makeup feels very thick and heavy on your face. Once it sets, you can't even feel it on your face, but doesn't look that great while it's setting. I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing this foundation without giving it time to set. Once it dries, this foundation has a very powdery texture. I don't like foundation that is overly matte, but this one I felt wasn't quite matte enough. Especially given the fact that my face is one big oil slick.

Lastly, I noticed that this foundation has a tendancy to fade and flake as the day went on. Once it started flaking, it started looking bad really quickly. It would flake off in big patches.After about the 87-8 hour mark, I would have more bare patches on my face than makeup.

Quite honestly, I don't understand all the positive reviews. In my opinion, this foundation doesn't warrent them. In the end, I decided that the negatives outweighed the positives. I ended up returning this to Ulta. I've since discovered that I'm NOT allergic to the Mat Velvet, so I think I am going to repurchase that .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by kamberc94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this product during their once a year buy one get one free sale.I got this and the powder. So far my only complaint is it doesn't blend easy with my brush. I have to blend with fingers then buff with brush.but that is ok. Only a little messy. The pump makes me happy and the coverage is amazing. Topped with the powder it just lasts forever. Most expensive. foundation I've used but worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok foundation. That being said, I guess I'm just not a liquid foundation girl. I find myself using this more in the winter time. I normally wear Pur's Golden Medium or Blush Medium pressed powder foundation (which I love), but decided as I get older, I'd like a little more coverage. The tinted moisturizers are nice, but they have that sparkle in them which I hate, so I thought I'd give their liquid foundation a try and, with a discount, got this for $16. I purchased Golden Medium. While the Golden Medium pressed powder foundation matches my skintone perfectly, it's just not the same color in the liquid. It's a little more "tan" looking on my skin- which is fine, I just have to be very careful to not use a heavy hand or it looks a little too orange-y for my liking. I like the pump bottle- nice and hygienic and you don't waste as much product. The formula itself is a little thick to me and I have a hard time applying it with a foundation wedge and it applies too heavy when using a regular foundation brush. I refused to shell out another $20 bucks for Pur's special foundation brush, so I apply it lightly with my finger tips working quickly before it dries. Not ideal, but the only way I can get it to work for me. Coverage is good, doesn't break me out and I think I'd like it a lot more if it were easier to apply. All in all, I wouldn't spend the full $38 and it's way too heavy for me to use during the warmer months. I'll stick with the pressed powder foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by AkaishaSoren

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation on a recommendation from an Ulta associate who also wears it. It's very lightweight, the coverage is decent, and best of all it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. It's a little hard to blend, but it does last all day and even though I have oily skin, I rarely have to blot when I wear it. I love that it covers most of my old hyperpigmentation scars (with two layers) and doesn't look cakey, and the ingredients list isn't bad. Unfortunately it does make me break out in areas I've never had acne, so I'll be returning it the first chance I get. I would recommend it to someone else because it really is a great product - it's just not for me.