Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Liquid 14-Hour Wear Foundation

3.3

on 4/28/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Overall: did not sit well on my dry patches and oxidized immediately on my nose. I returned this within hours of purchasing. Price was standard for "prestige." Pump was of great quality but the lid was cheap and seemed like it would come off in your bag during travel.

on 3/26/2015 5:53:00 PM

I got this foundation not too long ago and at first I thought it was amazing! it covered nicely, went on smoothly, and didn't break me out. But I've noticed that the more I wear it, the less effective it is? Around the fourth time of using it I noticed that it was oxidizing (slightly, not much) and I noticed that it was FLAKING really really badly. it made me look like I had dry patches all around my nose, chin, and lower forehead. And my skin isn't dry by any means. I also noticed that the coverage wears off after a short amount of time. At first I loved it, but now not so much.

on 2/10/2015 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I absolutely love this foundation!! I have been a faithful user of MAC's mineralize liquid until my aunt gave me her bottle right out of her makeup bag. Since then, I've gotten so many compliments on how natural and pretty my skin Is! However, the price point on this product is pretty steep. Especially since the bottle doesn't get ALL of the liquid out, so I found myself using a slender brush to swipe it from the sides!

on 12/2/2014 2:52:00 PM

I used this a month or so ago when it was suggested to me, however I would honestly advise that no one with acne prone skin use this. ITS HORRIBLE. I have always had problems with acne, but my face was finally clearing up in the sense that I did not have cystic ( big painful acne) anymore. HOWEVER, after using this product for a week my face enormously broke out. I went from having a few acne, scars to having a full face of painful, and cystic acne. There was not a spot on my face that was clear. After a month or two off this product, my face is STILL RECOVERING. DO NOT USE if you have very sensitive acne prone skin. I would have gave it a ZERO if I could.

on 10/13/2014 4:26:00 PM

I tested this in a store and was very impressed with the colour match (for my pale, neutral skin with very slight yellow/olive undertones) so I picked up a sample and took it home to apply over my full face. As usual I read some of the reviews here before trying it, so I knew what to expect, and it was as most people have said: this foundation is extremely difficult to blend. I religiously exfoliate, tone, moisturise, and prime before applying liquid foundation with a Beauty Blender sponge, and my skin is on the oily side - yet somehow this foundation managed to make my skin look dry, uneven, and pasty instead of glowing and healthy. Ironically, as cakey as this foundation is, the coverage is minimal - sheer to medium at best and I didn't find it to be buildable at all. And the worst part is, I'm in the middle of a mild breakout at the moment, and I think using this foundation may have just tipped me over the line into bad breakout territory. I would have been disappointed if I had spent a small amount on a bottle of this foundation, so had I actually spent full price on this, I would be beside myself at this point.

on 9/22/2014 3:45:00 AM

I finally found 'the one'! This foundation goes on beautifuly (I apply it with my Real Techniques Complexion Sponge). I have combo skin and this doesn't cling to dry patches or fade from oiliness and it doesn't cause breakouts (my skin is prone to breakouts, particularly from silicones and since this has a built in primer it made me nervous, but no problems).
I am in the shade Light and it's perfect for me. I have light skin with more pinky undertones, and I tend to wear the 2nd lightest shades and in most foundations I'm Ivory.
This claims to have a built in primer and will last 14 hrs. Well I have worn it longer then 14 hrs and it looks just as flawless taking it off as when I first put it on. It doesnt slide off my nose and chin like every other foundation have. Since it's very hot where I live to do touch up once with a powder once throughout the day but it never looks really greasy and I probably won't have to powder in cooler months. It's not matte or dewy, it's a good balance. It's a solid medium coverage I'd say.
I have sweated in 110 degree heat, exercised, and napped in this foundation and it doesn't budge. This is the first foundation I've worn that has lasted this long on my face and is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't look cakey or streaky, it makes my skin look and stay flawless! I can honestly dump all my other foundations now. My old favorite was CoverGirl Advanced Radiance and since I went cruelty free I was looking for a repacement and this blew that one out of the water! The covergirl looked good at first but didn't last on me and this one is 100 x better. It was pricey imo and honestly the most I ever paid for one makeup item but it's so worth it as I never have to try another foundation again! Which is good cause I was trying a lot of them and always disappointed. This exceded my expectations and I highly recommend it!

on 9/5/2014 4:38:00 PM

I tried really hard to work with this, but it seems to go out of its way to be difficult. First of all, I'm about NW15/MUFE118, and the color "Light" is just a teeny bit too dark. I could deal with that, except it's very peachy-pink.

The formula reminds me of the original Colorstay, where you have to blend quickly and work on one small part of your face at a time. And you must BLEND, my friends. I have to blend this much more than any other foundation I've ever used. It desperately wants to stay streaky, and that's when I apply it with my fingers or the Real Techniques blender sponge. Pray, tell me: how in the world does one get "brush" strokes from skin or sponge? WTH?

The coverage is not much, I'd even go so far as to say sheer. And yes, you can build it, but be prepared to work. Applying foundation usually takes me two minutes, but this one takes at least 20 minutes to 1) Get a decent amount of coverage, while 2) not streaking or pooling in my pores.

The only way I could get this to not look cakey or streaky AND provide a decent amount of coverage is with the blending sponge and a primer (Hourglass Veil, FYI). Does it last? Yes, I have to say it stays pretty steady for six to 8 hours on my oily skin even in humidity. the other thing I like is that it has more of a satin rather than matte finish. But I can take Rimmel Lasting Finish, slap it on in ten seconds and get better coverage, finish, and texture than this. No foundation is worth this amount of trouble.

on 6/24/2014 8:57:00 PM

Got this foundation because if the longevity of it and I do like it. It's a little thick and not the easiest to spread but it prefer to use it in a very sheer way. The coverage is full coverage so I like to just use it in the tiniest amount, gives me medium coverage all day. The color range is very strange I recommend getting matched because the color I got, light tan is actually darker than it looks and is also lighter than the "lighter" colors. It's a bit pricy so idk if I would buy again, plus I think it will last me forever!

on 3/10/2014 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for about £24 in Marks & Spencer (the only place that sells Pur minerals in the UK). I purchased in the shade Light Tan and am between an NC20-NC25 for reference. It is yellow based which I liked, as I am neutral leaning more towards the yellow than pink side. I have normal-dry, dehydrated skin. After wearing this foundation, I would personally recommend it for dry-combination skintypes rather than oily.

The foundation itself is thick in consistency, which I wasn't used to as I usually wear something like MAC Face&Body which is very thin. However, it is easy to blend either with the fingers or a brush into the skin. It doesn't emphasize dryness on my face at all and leaves a satin finish. In terms of coverage, I would say it is light-medium depending on how much you build it up.

It claims to last 14 hours - personally I never wear foundation for this length of time but it lasts perfectly fine for at least 9 hours I've tested out. I don't set with powder as I find I don't have to! It really does last well and even in warm weather I haven't found my skin turning shiny.

I like the packaging as it has a pump which makes it more hygienic and convineant. I haven't ha an issue with it breaking out my sensitive skin.

On the whole, I would say this foundation is a nice one but nothing extra ordinary. I wish it was cheaper as the price tag is steep. I like it for every day wear.

on 2/8/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely my HG foundation.

*Pros*
- Really DOES last 14 hours. I wore this in a SAUNA and it did not smudge.
- You really DON'T need a primer, it goes on very smoothly
- It gives a nice dewy , glowy finish.
- Comes in a big glass jar
- No scent!
- Does not break out my SUPER sensitive skin :)

*Cons*
Does not have a wide range of shades. I had to get one that is slightly darker, because the lightest was too light.