August 22, 2014 | 2007 users online

Cleansers - Aveda - Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I am usually not a high-end beauty product kinda gal, and usually get drug-store products, but after using my mom's I decided to purchase my own. It can be pricey for some ($21 for 5 ounces), but it is well worth it.

I love the smell, it's kind of plant-y but floral and natural-y and is also long lasting. It removes so much dirt and makeup with so little product, your other face washes will be put to shame. It's great after a day of wearing a lot of makeup, or a sweaty day where you feel really greasy and know that you're dirty. I've found my skin to generally be less oily after using it too. It also lasts a while because you don't need a lot of gel per wash.

The only issues I have with it is that it tends to dry my skin out, so just use a nice moisturizer after using it. I wouldn't recommend this for daily use unless you are a heavy makeup wearer, or have very oily/greasy skin. Also, it burns like hell if you get any in your eyes, worse than normal soap. So shut them TIGHT when using this. It comes in a nice sleek pump bottle, that twists to lock. Unfortunately, the pump is very short so the only way to get any out with out getting product all over the side of the bottle is to tilt it when pumping. But if the bottle is half empty, tilting will not work because the pump's straw is not submerged in the gel. So you'd have to unscrew the lid to get some.

Other than that, I really enjoy this wash. Definite recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mdias712

The scent is nice but that's about it. I don't feel like this toner is the best one out there. Clinique has a clarifying lotion for acne prone skin that worked much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by GlammaGrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think It would suit normal-oily, combination or slightly problematic (acne-prone) skin. It had a nice, clean but slightly overpowering scent, so if your sensitive to fragrance I would steer clear. It is a clear gel with a runny consistency and will easily run off the palm of your hand if you're not careful. It can remove light makeup; if you wear a full coverage foundation, powder and concealer, you may need to wash twice or use a washcloth with this cleanser. I liked it overall, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by pennylane82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always go back to this cleanser whenever I've had a bad experience with some other cleanser. This year I've tried three different cleansers for oily skin and they've all dried out my skin and caused me to break out. I've never had that problem with the aveda gel cleanser. I should probably just stick to this one from now on. Lesson learned. I wish their products still came in glass bottles. That was a classy touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Tray12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product after a sales woman at Aveda raved about it. It certainly got my skin looking a lot better. I had a lot of breakouts, and it helped clear my skin. She suggested I pair it with Aveda's Enlightenment moisturizer to help clear the acne scarring. It has helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by kissyxface

Tried this on a whim while staying at a hotel 3 years ago & havent looked back since. My HG cleanser hands down. Yes its pricey but a little goes a long way. I love how it makes my skjn feel so clean yet doesnt strip it of my natural oils. I really wish Aveda didnt discountinue selling this in the glass bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

I was really excited about trying out Aveda products so I went and bought myself an entire set. It cost me a lot of $$ but I kept thinking it would be worth it in the long run.

To my disappointment, I am really unsatisfied with their skin care products. The smell is nice and instantly makes you think of a spa but for this face wash, there is little to no foam and it doesn't feel like it's washing your face very well. My face doesn't feel clean afterward and the texture of the gel seems to be very thin.

Overall, I was really unhappy with their products and probably won't be using it again. Right now I'm dreading to have to finish it since I paid so much for the set.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by highmaintenancepanda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this cleanser. I purchased it after an Aveda facial and LOVED the scent. The esthetician there recommended it for my combo skin, along with the toning mist, and tourlamine scrub. It cleanses my face (mostly), smells good, and my skin doesn't feel tight or dry after. It doesn't remove all my makeup, especially water-washable eye makeup, so I have to use a separate product for that, which I hate. I would prefer my cleanser take off all my makeup. The scent is nice, but I've read that some of the essential oils can be sensitizing and problematic for acne-prone skin. I still get breakouts, despite using this morning and night followed by the toner.
It was pretty expensive ($35 for the small bottle) but it's lasted me 2 months now and only one third of it is gone. I'll finish it up, but next time I'll try another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been my HG cleanser for the past 3 years. Even though my skin tends to be dry, I prefer gel cleansers b/c my face is sensitive and something in cream cleansers tends to give me breakouts. This cleanser really gets your face clean (little to no leftover makeup left when I use my toner after) but it doesn't leave it feeling dry or stripped. It foams well so you don't need much. I first tried it as they had samples at a Korean hotel while I was vacationing. It worked so well and my complexion felt so much better that I purchased a big pump bottle right when I got home. 2 big bottles have lasted me 3 years now. I would imagine it's a good product for for oilier skin too (as it's marketed for).