December 20, 2014 | 1625 users online

Cleansers - Aveda - Botanical Kinetics Purifying Gel Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by tladbstjs

Sister woking at estee lauder so got this for practically nothing. So cannot complain about price at the moment. Pump is practical to use, has a decent smell. Thats about all the good stuff. Doesnt remove makeup if used as the only cleansing product. Leaves skin super tight and dry after. Not a huge fan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh what a bummer. It dried my skin so badly that I had to heavy oils on my skin so it doesn't look like I am shedding. It is very expensive so as it doesn't do much I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by tourmalinequeen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the HG of cleansers for older women. It melts foundation and makeup off, your face is clean in one swipe, and it doesn't leave your skin dry and parched, which is a real problem in the cold, dry winter. Very effective, very gentle, very expensive, about 22 bucks for five ounces.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Mutethecity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I am usually not a high-end beauty product kinda gal, and usually get drug-store products, but after using my mom's I decided to purchase my own. It can be pricey for some ($21 for 5 ounces), but it is well worth it.

I love the smell, it's kind of plant-y but floral and natural-y and is also long lasting. It removes so much dirt and makeup with so little product, your other face washes will be put to shame. It's great after a day of wearing a lot of makeup, or a sweaty day where you feel really greasy and know that you're dirty. I've found my skin to generally be less oily after using it too. It also lasts a while because you don't need a lot of gel per wash.

The only issues I have with it is that it tends to dry my skin out, so just use a nice moisturizer after using it. I wouldn't recommend this for daily use unless you are a heavy makeup wearer, or have very oily/greasy skin. Also, it burns like hell if you get any in your eyes, worse than normal soap. So shut them TIGHT when using this. It comes in a nice sleek pump bottle, that twists to lock. Unfortunately, the pump is very short so the only way to get any out with out getting product all over the side of the bottle is to tilt it when pumping. But if the bottle is half empty, tilting will not work because the pump's straw is not submerged in the gel. So you'd have to unscrew the lid to get some.

Other than that, I really enjoy this wash. Definite recommendation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2014 9:50:00 PM More reviews by mdias712

The scent is nice but that's about it. I don't feel like this toner is the best one out there. Clinique has a clarifying lotion for acne prone skin that worked much better.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by GlammaGrrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think It would suit normal-oily, combination or slightly problematic (acne-prone) skin. It had a nice, clean but slightly overpowering scent, so if your sensitive to fragrance I would steer clear. It is a clear gel with a runny consistency and will easily run off the palm of your hand if you're not careful. It can remove light makeup; if you wear a full coverage foundation, powder and concealer, you may need to wash twice or use a washcloth with this cleanser. I liked it overall, but I probably wouldn't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by pennylane82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always go back to this cleanser whenever I've had a bad experience with some other cleanser. This year I've tried three different cleansers for oily skin and they've all dried out my skin and caused me to break out. I've never had that problem with the aveda gel cleanser. I should probably just stick to this one from now on. Lesson learned. I wish their products still came in glass bottles. That was a classy touch.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Tray12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this product after a sales woman at Aveda raved about it. It certainly got my skin looking a lot better. I had a lot of breakouts, and it helped clear my skin. She suggested I pair it with Aveda's Enlightenment moisturizer to help clear the acne scarring. It has helped.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by kissyxface

Tried this on a whim while staying at a hotel 3 years ago & havent looked back since. My HG cleanser hands down. Yes its pricey but a little goes a long way. I love how it makes my skjn feel so clean yet doesnt strip it of my natural oils. I really wish Aveda didnt discountinue selling this in the glass bottles.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by OrganizedTourist

I was really excited about trying out Aveda products so I went and bought myself an entire set. It cost me a lot of $$ but I kept thinking it would be worth it in the long run.

To my disappointment, I am really unsatisfied with their skin care products. The smell is nice and instantly makes you think of a spa but for this face wash, there is little to no foam and it doesn't feel like it's washing your face very well. My face doesn't feel clean afterward and the texture of the gel seems to be very thin.

Overall, I was really unhappy with their products and probably won't be using it again. Right now I'm dreading to have to finish it since I paid so much for the set.