October 22, 2014 | 1118 users online

Mascara - Givenchy - Noir Couture 4-in-1 Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNYC23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This one is a really good mascara. Though I found the wand a bit off-putting at first, when I actually tried it on, I was utterly impressed.

Great length, formula not too wet nor too dry, just right so you can layer coats without ending up with clampy or spidery lashes. The effect is bold but somehow still natural. Provides lots of length and seperates really well too. The only downside in my opinion is that it doesn't give tons of volume, as in false lash type of volume.

What I especially love about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge, transfer or flake during the day, it holds strong until you take it off.

Overall, I don't think you can go wrong with this one, it's a great product to have in your makeup bag that works from day to night.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought a small size of this from Sephora for $15 and unfortunately I wasnít impressed. I expected a lot from this mascara, especially given that it was Givenchy. I normally look for more of a lengthening effect in mascara; Iím less concerned about volume. This mascara claims that it is ďA four-in-one mascara that creates intense volume, strong curl, infinite length, and complete lash care.Ē I found that it gave decent volume without clumping, but only mediocre length. It didnít hold the curl in my long, straight, blonde lashes. I will say that it didnít feel bad on my eyes. It didnít clump up on me, which is a huge plus, it didnít flake, but it did transfer under my lower lashes. The brush is definitely different, but I didnít feel the globe-like shapes created any different effect then a normal, straight brush. All around, itís an average product for an expensive price, I will not be repurchasing or recommending.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by mollyandmeg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Love, love, love this one! I was a little freaked out by the brush, but I haven't found anything I like as well as my previous (and discontinued) HG, so I figured I had nothing to lose. That's the beauty of being able to retun products. Anyhow, this mascara did everything it claims to do. My lashes were curled, long, full and glossy. I look like I have false eyelashes on. My lashes do not feel brittle at all, there was no flaking, and the curl lasted all day. In fact, I applied it this morning at 6:30 and my lashes look as good now at 8 p.m. as they did when I walked out the door at 7 this morning. Don't be intimidated by the brush. It's very easy to get an even, clump free application. I will be stocking up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 8:30:00 PM More reviews by HeatherDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the waterproof version of this product. Pros: Novel brush is actually easy to use and gets to all lashes, plus the case is very chic. Cons: Very pricey and smudged considerably. Also, this isn't a con per se, but I'm not sure it lives up to the 4-in-1 claim. Returned this to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised at how well this mascara performed. I was drawn to it because of the unique brush design (think of three little balls strung together). It does an AMAZING job of separating my lashes. i was surprised because usually only the rubbery bristle brushes do this for me. My lashes are sparse to begin with and straight. This not only separates them but lifts them very nicely in place for hours (after I pre-curl, of course). I was expecting this brush to give me problems (like getting gobs of mascara on my lashes or clumps) but I haven't experienced ANY of that at all. The one thing this does NOT do is give volume. It does not make my lashes looks thicker, but it defines and separates them very well and it builds very cleanly when I want to add extra coats.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2014 4:30:00 AM More reviews by tashadenise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara gives you exactly what it promises to give. Length (not extreme but noticeable), curl, and volume. The black isn't the blackest but it does the trick.

The problem is the flaking. The flaking starts as soon as it dries. And it's not a subtle flaking, it gives you nasty raccoon eyes and settles into your fine lines...It's not worth it.

I will be returning it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Paolita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Since noir couture hit the counters, it is the only mascara I use. I have it in brown which is a lovely medium brown colour not too dark like chocolate brown nor too light like amber brown. I really love the brush and the conditioning effect on my lashes. It doesn't dry them out, it doesn't fade even if you wear it all day, it is easily removed. It creates long and full of volume lashes while it nurtures and moisturizes. Highly recommended!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Egle87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does its job lashes looks great but..after few hours it smudges like crazy.tired of ppl telling me ''you have mascara under your eyes'' shame though otherwise would def buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara looks ABSOLUTELY AMAZING when you put it on, but it's always smudged after a couple of hours. Mascara always smudges on me really easily so i have to use waterproof, but definitely give this one a try if you don't have that problem. The packaging is also absolutely gorgeous and the brush is really easy to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Glamgurlsf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is the most expensive mascara I have ever purchased and the packaging is quite nice and it feels expensive... but I don't think I would buy it again.
It does clump a bit but I have no lashes and I noticed the volume and the lengthening right away. It is a $25 value Dior Snow and Lancome Hypnoise Star is just as good.