August 22, 2014 | 1618 users online

Makeup Brushes - Icing- Expert Powder Brush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 2:44:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for Icing's Bamboo Powder and Bronzer Brush.
I just love finding great makeup stuff at bargain prices. Who would have thought I'd find a less expensive alternative to Sephora's Pro All Over Brush #61. It's not an exact duplicate but close enough, especially at $57 CAD for the Sephora brush vs. $10.75 CAD for the Icing one, plus Icing usually has a buy one beauty item and get the second for 50% off promotion.

This brush is nice and dense and I like the feel of the synthetic fibres more than their brushes with the black and white handles. I feel the bamboo handle brushes are better made. It's great for fluffing regular powder or bronzer or just buffing out your makeup.
There's no shedding when I use this brush and there are no problems when I wash it. What more can I ask for?

If you have an Icing boutique nearby, I definitely suggest checking out their makeup brushes. You just might be surprised like I was.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by maddyboyle

I LOVE these brushes. I have brushes from mac, sephora, and other high end brands but there really is no quality difference, I can't believe how cheap these are! These are SO soft, have no fallout, and apply makeup flawlessly. I have the powder, eyeshadow blender brush, the fan brush, angled eyeliner brush, and the angled blush brush. I have a few from the bamboo line and a few from the 'pro' line, but they're the exact same. Amazing and can't wait to see what te come out with next! The only thing I dislike about these is that the price tag on the bottom leaves a residue ring that is impossible to get off and gets dirty with makeup eventually, but I can deal for such a good brush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 5:29:00 AM More reviews by EmerlyLynn

I cannot stress how much I love these brushes, and for less than $10 each! They're crazy fluffy, crazy soft, and they pick up product really well. I picked up the fluffy powder brush, stippling brush, and kabuki brush. The kabuki is huuuuuge! There's no fallouts either. I just wish they packaged the brushes better, I washed these when I got home because at the store, they're out open for everyone to put their grubby fingers on. If you're ever visiting the mall and happen to come across Icing, make sure you pick up a few of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Nails4Tiff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to join MUA just to write a review about this powder brush! It's one of the best brushes I own. I was about to buy a similar brush for $40 at Sephora, but came across this one for less than $10!!!! What did I have to lose, huh? It's big, soft, fluffy,and feels like a MAC brush. Perfect for loose powder. I've been using it for 2 weeks, cleaned it, and there has been no shedding. I don't know about HG but it's definitely a must have. I'm going back for more!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by rarityfalls

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite brushes...ever. It's so dense and round, and is perfect for applying powder of any type. Blush, bronzer, highlighter, you name it. With Icing's brushes, often they are in bad condition at the store. I've found so many brushes with bristles pointing this way and that, but these brushes were in perfect condition. It was only 9 dollars, which is such a wonderful price for a professional quality brush. I highly reccomend picking up this brush the next time you're at Icing.