July 25, 2014 | 1958 users online

BB Cream - GOSH - All in One BB Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:02:00 PM More reviews by gingerahoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this one in Sand because I'm very pale, and someone had recommended it on another forum for pale skin. The good news was that it definitely matched my skin tone! It's great to see a smaller company cater for paler skin, especially in a range of only five colours (though they could do with more diverse shades elsewhere in the colour spectrum). It's very sheer, but it did an admirable job of tackling my skin's uneven red patches.

Unfortunately, when cleansing that night, my skin started to burn terribly and became very red. Come the next morning, I had come out in spots all over my face and my skin was still inflamed. It's just about gone down now, but it was quite painful at the time.

So, I've given it two out of five: two for the colour match, three off for the reaction. You'd probably be better off if your skin wasn't as sensitive as mine. I'd also note that the packaging isn't great - the product leaks all over the shop once the lid's off, and inside of the lid when it's closed, which is a dreadful waste of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilyraven

I'm pretty pale and prone to spots, so it has always been difficult for me to find a foundation that was pale enough in colour, corrective enough to cover imperfections, but light enough to not look caked on or make my spots worse.
I am so impressed with this product that I have felt compelled to write this, my first ever make up review.
It was an impulse purchase when i was in superdrug buying some things for my holiday, being pale i needed a bit of SPF factor for my face but something light as i will be doing a lot of swimming with the kids (I didn't want to end up with zebra streaks, or for the whole face of makeup to slide off like a mask hahaha).
to be honest i'd never heard of GOSH, but after comparing lots and spending lots of time i was drawn to this one.
I bought the lightest shade (sand?) and thought what the heck - my 14 yr old daughter will wear it if i need to add it to my long list of unsuitable foundations!
BUT I LOVE IT!
I'm blown away, the colour is slightly darker than i would usually buy but suits my skin tones perfectly (I think i may have been buying the wrong colour for me all this time!), it covers everything that i want covering... but i dont know how? it is so light and gives me such a dewy natural look, my skin is actually improving for wearing this makeup (makeup always makes me skin worse) - now when i say dewy i dont mean oily, i mean like a youthful glow, which i need at my age haha
I would highly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by AshleyDarling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was certainly not my favorite product. It was really expensive for the tiny amount of product that you get, which wouldn't be so bad if the product was awesome. It is not. It went on dry and flaky. Honestly, I don't think any of it actually sank into my skin! The only thing I liked about it was the packaging. It was compact and easy to carry on the go. All I need to do now is find a suitable product to add to the packaging!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by JemJem17

I have mixed feelings about this BB cream. I have dry skin and it can still bring up some of my dry areas, but not nearly as much as full coverage foundations do which is good. I do find it to be moisturising and dewy without any harsh scent, but the only problem with this is the application. I've found that when I apply it with my fingers it can sometimes cause tiny little balls of the foundation to form that I have to wipe off, you know how glue from a glue stick forms into little sticky balls when you rub it in between your fingers? It's hard to explain, but I notice it strangely did that which can be annoying, but nothing hard to get rid of.
Overall I do like this BB cream, but not enough to give five stars as I would like it to be even more dewy for my dry skin and provide a little more coverage, but you will definitely like it if you want something moisturising and light on your face. I feel like this is more suited for summer time skin. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by Kitooo

I bought this for the same reason, many people are going for it because of the wonderfully pale colour it offers in 01. I find it impossible to find pale enough products and I don't want to use foundation which looks unnatural on me. This is a tad pink for me but it will do until I find something better. Its a lightweight coverage that also covers pores and doesn't melt easily because of the primer function. It has SPF 15 but I would have appreciated UVA protection as SPF is fairly pointless for everyday. It blends fairly well using fingers. I also really appreciate the fact that it is low in irritating chemicals, fragrance free etc so it doesn't upset my skin at all! I don't like the price or the packaging. I find it hard to get the right amount out and seem to always waste it, which is annoying when the packaging is quite small. When I first opened it, the product had actually seperated so I have no idea how long it was on the shelf for, but definitely puts me off buying again. Overall, if it wasn't for the colour, I wouldn't buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this! It has a perfect, light coverage, looks lovely and natural and feels nice on the skin. It doesn't illuminate the skin all day though, max for 2 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by DaniellaC25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

i have very pale skin and the colour sand is pale enough for me which is amazing. the coverage is very sheer but with a bit of concealer i find its enough for a warm sunny day.the finish is very dewy so people with oily skin may not enjoy this bb cream. the packaging works fine but i wish it had a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by moleplease

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I quite like this BB creme. I was looking for something light and sheer, and this product fits the bill. I like that it helps me create that dewy glow look, which I really go for in the summer time. An added bonus is that it comes in a light enough shade (Sand) for my very pale skin.

I have now purchased this product twice, and have recommended it to others.

Areas for improvement....including sunscreen in the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by FrankJaguar

I have been looking for a decent non-cruelty BB Cream for a while, and upon reading mainly positive reviews about GOSH's BB cream, I thought I'd give it a try.

I bought the lightest shade in 'Sand'. Even though I think it's amazing that GOSH have provided a BB cream for the paler skinned beauties, I feel that this is a bit too pale for me! However, I really like the product so I'll continue to use it and warm my skin with bronzer/blusher etc, or buy the next shade darker and mix the two together.

For me, the packing is perfect as I hate having to faff around trying to pour foundation out from glass bottles. My skin is combination (dry cheeks, oily T-zone), and I find that with most foundations/BB creams that I have to moisturize my cheeks first. With this, I literally apply the BB cream with my fingers as I would with a moisturizer, and it blends in beautifully, giving a light coverage, more similar to a tinted moisturizer.
I have to powder my t-zone, but I do with any foundation-based product. I've found that this BB cream works as an amazing primer for when I need more coverage and want to use a foundation. It saves me a bit of time in the morning, and I generally wear it by itself (with some concealer) when I'm having a good skin day (which seems to be almost every day since I became vegan - cut out dairy, does wonders for your skin!)

This product would suit best dry-very dry skin because of how moisturizing it is, but if you're expecting a lot of coverage from this, then you'll be disappointed. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who have a lot of blemishes or redness. I still need to conceal under my eyes and a bit around my nose, but that's it.

I hope this review is helpful to those considering buying it! I'm a very fussy person when it comes to skin products, and I'm glad I bought this!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2013 4:27:00 AM More reviews by Kakibot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As with lot of foundation-type things I review, even here I have to give an extra point for the colour. It is still hard for me to believe so little makeup companies would want to cater for us pale ladies (and gentlemen).

As a pale redhead with a couple of summer freckles I was tired of heavy foundations and decided to go for GOSH bb cream, as the colour looked like it might (for the first time) match my skin tone. And it did! On the first use it almost felt too pale, but it does sink into the skin a bit and tends to look better after a while than it does right after putting it on. It provides a very light coverage, but I like that, as it makes my freckles stand out.

I think the con is definitely the texture - it is pretty hard to apply it evenly without streaks and when I try to work it in better, I usually end up totally smudging my concealer. I admit this could be probably dealt with by giving myself a bit more time when putting on my makeup, erm. Also I wish it was more moisturising, but I never really expect any miracles from products like this one.

Anyways, it's light, the colour is awesome, it's a perfect product to use to the gym or anywhere else where it would be ok to wear no makeup but you just don't really feel like going totally bare. For the price of £8-£10 it's worth a try for anyone in the undead pale skin tone category.