April 24, 2014 | 1944 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mothers - Beach Babe

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

I usually adore most sea salt sprays because I like the texture they give my hair, but this one was not up to my standards. It left my hair crunchy in some parts and dull looking. It smells wonderful and is light enough to be mixed with other products. I think this would suit those with finer hair or those with an oily scalp that need a little volume and texture at the crown. I will continue to experiment with it and will update my experiences.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

To all the people complaining about the dryness come come now...it does state that it is a Salt spray. Therefore the dryness. It is supposed to give you that messy wavy beach look thats what these sprays are for. If you want neat smooth waves then get a styling cream put some on your hair while it is damp (one'n'only argan styling cream is a good one) tousle your hair put it up in a bun and let it down after its partially dry and finish with some serum. But if you want the messy surfer girl waves this spray does serve its purpose. I use it with the styling cream to combat excessive dryness and frizz but it creates nice texture. You can also use a diffuser if your too impatient to air dry. However if you have color treated hair I wouldnt go this route to get waves since the salt will obviously fade your color out. Other than that the price is good the bottle is cute and it smells like coconut! Idk about you but thats a plus in my book -_^

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by cladkins24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product just makes my hair extremely fuzzy, frizzy, crunching, and just eww! I love the Not Your Mother's line but this product was a fail!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product does what it says, but the directions are a bit misleading. I put it on generously like it said and it ended up looking and feeling like I used too much hairspray.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by brooklynnlittle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this the other day at Urban Outfitters for 8 bucks. I do not like using heat on my hair because i already color it and I don't want to damage it anymore. This does make my straight hair wavy. just a little bit though. after i put it in, i scrunch it with my fingers and pin it to dry.
*PROS:
-Delicious Coconut Smell
-Makes Waves
-Cheap for beach babe spray
*CONS:
-dries out hair because of the salt in it
-will cause colored hair to slightly fade because of the salt
Overall I like this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 12:31:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yuck. The scent starts out kind of beachy-coconut in a chemically way, but 10 minutes later morphs into something indescribably awful. I also didn't see much texture improvement.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by VeronicaHager

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just started to use this product, so I may update as I go! I bought this because it has Real sea salt and kelp infused into it, so I thought it must give me the BEST beach waves. For me personally none of these scrunch products ever ever work. I always braid my hair after my shower and sleep on it and when I wake up its natural waves. This product does give my hair a nice look for a little but Im sure the natural sea salt and kelp infused in it does dry out my hair! Then I realized that when I go to the beach (and I live on an Island-lol!) all the water does is make my hair feel DISGUSTING and knotty and intestivly dry.. so why buy something that will do that to my hair? Not totally sure yet..