October 23, 2014 | 1907 users online

Styling Products - Not Your Mother's - Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sprayed in my wet hair before I went to sleep thinking it would turn out wavy.... It looked like crap when I woke up. no cute waves ... I do have naturally straight with a slight wave so I thought it would work. I had to use a waver thing to look presentable today. :/ would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

(See my full review on this product on the other one, somehow I am showing 2 review versions of this product!) I am glad I read these reviews because I just dyed my hair w a semi permanent Demi reddish brown color (done over Sun In), so I didn't know it can make ur color fade & reds are notoriously the hardest color to keep true/fades out. Thanks ladies!! Also I didn't know the salt is what's making it dryer but that makes sense now to me. I liked this product, the scent is good! But I don't want my hair to be matte. It gave me great waves esp when used in conjunction w NYM grape curl creme & this will make ur hair smell really good! But I will avoid it for awhile. This is the only sea salt beachy waves product I have ever tried, I would esp be interested to compare w Paul Mitchell's beach spray. The spray bottle is really cool how that nozzle works & I am gonna def save the bottle after I use it up. It's so cute the little blurbs they write on the back of the bottle! Well I guess this review ended up being longer than my original review, I do apologize.... I would rebuy this product except for that I am curious to try another brand & I am always on to the next latest greatest new thing!! This is overall a good product for a fair price. They have it at CVS & Target. I plan to use it up & go for a diff brand like the PM. I love all of the NYM products. If ur looking for an affordable good beachy waves spray TRY THIS 1!! Thanks for reading.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by PMAR

Finding a sea salt spray for my hair is so difficult! I wanted something budget friendly but that will still live up to its descriptions. I searched and searched and stumbled on this gem.

I took this on vacation to Mexico. I knew sea salt dries out your hair so I bought a leave in conditioner to go with (Nexxus Hydrating conditioner). I applied the conditioner first, then sprayed the sea salt afterwards. I have a lot of hair so I have to use a lot of product to get the results I want.
I air dried my hair while on Mexico because I didn't want to fumble with heat! My hair turned out amazing. My hair is naturally wavy, so this product enhances my waves. It smells delicious and I'm already on a second bottle. I love it that much.

My hair had gorgeous enhanced waves and had body, too. My hair was never limp and it made my hair look like I came out of the ocean. Awesome stuff!

I suggest to add a leave in conditioner prior to using this. I think that could help others.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2014 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Beautybaaby

Pros: it smells like summer! Cons: it doesn't work, and dries out my hair. Overall a bad product

rated 2 of 5 on 8/8/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by CXGTRZ

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I hate to say that I am so disappointed with this product... The reviews on this were great so I really hoped I wasn't part of that small percent of people who hated it. I don't hate it, I just hate that it doesn't work on me and I'm still in the process of trying to love it and make it work.

Physically, everything is pretty much perfect. The packaging is cute, and you're able to throw it in your bag without worrying about spills. The amount of product you get is a lot for it to cost so cheap, as well. Some people don't like the scent of it, but I absolutely love it. I actually wish it was stronger because as soon as I apply it to my hair, the scent doesn't linger like I would want it to.

With how it works however, is a different story. I've used this product in so many different ways. I've applied it to damp hair, put in into a bun and slept with it overnight. I've applied it to damp hair again, leaving it messily into clips. I've applied it, once again, to damp hair and braided it. I tried it on dry hair and it kind of works, I guess, but it doesn't last long. My hair would definitely have some texture and end up slightly wavy, but then wear off instantly.
I do have some reasons as to why it isn't working though, like my hair is chemically straightened a.k.a rebonded but I do badly need a touchup since I am already on my 6th month mark. That could be a logical reason or another is just that I'm just portraying "beachy waves" in a totally different way than it should be. I think watching tons of tutorials on supposedly "beachy waves" has brainwashed me on how they really should look. The only thing that the product works for on my hair is, as mentioned, the texturized feel but then again that still ends up wearing off.

I am not giving up on this product until I've completely run out and if there is absolutely no way for it to work on me, I'll probably just use it for the scent.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by LilMissMatched

I guess this is where the saying, "you get what you pay for" comes in. It was inexpensive ($5-6)...but it didn't live up to the promise of "sexy, tousled waves" in my case. I have straight, thick hair which doesn't hold a curl, but Paul Mitchell's Awapuhi Ginger Sea Salt Spray worked gloriously, so I thought I'd give this a go because it was a quarter of the price. It smells good, fresh and clean, a little coconutty and reminds me a bit of sunblock and summer...however it isn't a hair perfume so that's quite irrelevant.
I use it and scrunch and tousle with my fingers, and have used in conjunction with a blow dryer and diffuser, as well as used and allowed to air dry, and also have used on wet and dry locks. I cannot get it to work for the life of me.
I now use it on busy days when I need my hair spritzed and damp to make it easier to put in an up-do, or to dampen my six year old daughters hair to braid or put in a bun/ponytail. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 3:44:00 AM More reviews by jessinfinite

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this. My hair is in that weird category of wavy/straight/frizzy. I wanted something to help get cute waves and I picked this out on a whim. I love the packaging and the scent. I spray this on after showering and comb my hair out really gently and let it air dry. NO it doesnt give you dramatic waves but it does give you cute natural looking ones. I really liked this product so I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This was my first shot at a "beachy wave spray". I usually wear my hair curly or straight and wanted to try this for the days I really don't want to do much with my hair. The bottle and pump are nice, smells great. It did not seem to do much for my hair though. I have fine, naturally wavy hair and I thought this would bring my waves out more, but it didn't. I just wanted a simple spray and go type of product. This also dries out your hair due to the salt. I've only used it twice, so I will keep playing around with it; but as of now I do not feel I would buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Andisophiaquinn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The price is pretty good for a sea salt spray, especially compared to the other more expensive ones. The product smells good, and while it seems to do an okay job of giving waves, I'd rather use it as something to spray on wet hair tied into a braid or bun to help hold the waves after they've formed. It's like a hold spray, but much lighter and smells like sea salt. The bottle is cute and the pump is nice and easy to use. I feel like I'm going to try other salt sprays after this runs out, though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually adore most sea salt sprays because I like the texture they give my hair, but this one was not up to my standards. It left my hair crunchy in some parts and dull looking. It smells wonderful and is light enough to be mixed with other products. I think this would suit those with finer hair or those with an oily scalp that need a little volume and texture at the crown. I will continue to experiment with it and will update my experiences.