Maybelline Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

4.2

on 6/20/2015 10:28:00 AM

Love this cream shadow as a base and by itself. Goes on smooth, dries quickly with no residual stickiness! I use it primarily as a base with a lighter shade at my eyebrow bone & inner tear duct. I have oily eyelids and nothing stays put except this! Very pleased! I've already purchased these in a few colors but barely beige is my fav!

on 6/6/2015 5:46:00 PM

The Maybelline colour tattoos are the best cream eyeshadows in my opinion. I have oily lids and these apply well and stay all day. I can't wear Mac paint pots because they are a creased up mess almost immediately on my eyes. The paint pots are a lot dryer formulation but haven't had one dry out yet, the heat from fingers might be the magic. Barely branded is very versatile. BB can be used as an all over the lid colour, a base for other shadows (try anything really, cargo halifax is very pretty) and even a highlighter.

on 4/15/2015 3:50:00 PM

Maybe i got an old product, but... this was the very worst eyeshadow i have tried. A catastrophy. It would not blend, it creases, it looks purely disgusting on my eyelids. And it makes my eyelids swell. Never again.

on 3/4/2015 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This may be my favorite Color Tattoo shade yet. This is good natural, my lids but better shade for light to medium skin tones. I'm on the fair side myself and my eyelids have some discoloration, this is great for covering up the discoloration. The pigmentation on this is excellent, and it wears well without creasing. This has just a hint of sheen to it without being shimmery. Barely beige is a good daytime, work safe understated true neutral. I also have Tough as Taupe, and Barely Branded. On me Tough as Taupe pulled very ashy and cool, almost grey. Barely Beige is slightly darker and less shimmery than Barely Branded. I'm around NC15 and found Barely Beige much more natural looking as it almost blends in with my skin color. I've found fingers work best for applying this, though it can be problematic if you have long nails.

on 2/25/2015 12:12:00 AM

natural, subtle all over the lid shade...I wear it frequently all by itself

on 1/19/2015 10:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this CT for a while and like other reviewers, I find it to be extremely frosty and sheer. I use it primarily as a base, since it dries so quickly there's no time to blend with anything, even another CT - it ends up basically being a highlighting shade. The frost is too strong to use as a face highlighter. The product is too dry to pick up with a brush (brushes seem to eat CT's in my experience) so I use a clean finger, which helps warm the product up to make it easier to work with. I put it all over the lid concentrating on the lids, and on quickie days, toss on a light brown liner and that's a decent minimal eye look for my light skin tone (N15).

Overall, I like it enough to use it maybe once every 2 weeks or so, but wouldn't repurchase since I'm not really a frosty base person. It's extremely similar to Barely Branded, which I also have and feel similarly about (only that one is much more slippy and easier to work with).

on 11/29/2013 9:58:00 PM

I actually really loved this. I didn't have any problems with it. I really like it as a base or when I want a more natural look. I think next time I will get this along with a color such as Tough as Toupe or Bad to the Bronze. I really want a brown one so I will have a brown base i can build off with other brown Eyeshadows.

on 11/12/2013 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've been wearing this everyday for about 2 months now only because I want to finish it up so I can purchase another product.
I actually reallllllly like the color. It's a beautiful champagne. The only problem is the application. I find it is a dry product, not as creamy as my bad to the bronze or pomegranate punk, so I have to blow some hot air onto it for it to get onto my finger. I use this all over my lid, very lightly, and my brow for a highlight. I do like the color it gives my lid but I find it's just too shiny for it to be a lid color. As a highlight this is gorgeous.
I unfortunately will not be repurchasing this product because of how hard it is to apply.

on 9/9/2013 10:09:00 PM

I was really excited to try this product and thought that the barley beige colour would be a nice one to try first, since I'm extremely pale. I liked the pretty champagne colour and it was on sale, so I thought I'd give it a go!

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow is very sheer and it doesn't last the day. It creases, even if I wear another colour over it. I use it as a base now and sometimes on my brow bone.

I wouldn't repurchase this shade but I may try another colour like the back to bronze. Maybelline and I have never been friends...this product confirms our hatred for one another.

on 8/18/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Barely Beige is a lovely all-over lid color. I take a very small amount on the pad of my ring finger, then gently pat to place it all over my lid. It took me a lot of time to get used to using these Color Tattoo shadows, maybe because I am a stranger to MAC's Painterly Pots, but now this is a quick way to brighten up my eyes. It doesn't crease on me, but I have noticed that it doesn't blend well or play well with other shadows, even other Color Tattoos. Overall, a nice product to have on hand for mornings when I'm running late but still want to look put together.