February 1, 2015 | 1320 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Color Tattoo - Barely Beige

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2015 10:57:00 AM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this CT for a while and like other reviewers, I find it to be extremely frosty and sheer. I use it primarily as a base, since it dries so quickly there's no time to blend with anything, even another CT - it ends up basically being a highlighting shade. The frost is too strong to use as a face highlighter. The product is too dry to pick up with a brush (brushes seem to eat CT's in my experience) so I use a clean finger, which helps warm the product up to make it easier to work with. I put it all over the lid concentrating on the lids, and on quickie days, toss on a light brown liner and that's a decent minimal eye look for my light skin tone (N15).

Overall, I like it enough to use it maybe once every 2 weeks or so, but wouldn't repurchase since I'm not really a frosty base person. It's extremely similar to Barely Branded, which I also have and feel similarly about (only that one is much more slippy and easier to work with).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 9:58:00 PM More reviews by maddie50322

I actually really loved this. I didn't have any problems with it. I really like it as a base or when I want a more natural look. I think next time I will get this along with a color such as Tough as Toupe or Bad to the Bronze. I really want a brown one so I will have a brown base i can build off with other brown Eyeshadows.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been wearing this everyday for about 2 months now only because I want to finish it up so I can purchase another product.
I actually reallllllly like the color. It's a beautiful champagne. The only problem is the application. I find it is a dry product, not as creamy as my bad to the bronze or pomegranate punk, so I have to blow some hot air onto it for it to get onto my finger. I use this all over my lid, very lightly, and my brow for a highlight. I do like the color it gives my lid but I find it's just too shiny for it to be a lid color. As a highlight this is gorgeous.
I unfortunately will not be repurchasing this product because of how hard it is to apply.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by prettygirl22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was really excited to try this product and thought that the barley beige colour would be a nice one to try first, since I'm extremely pale. I liked the pretty champagne colour and it was on sale, so I thought I'd give it a go!

Unfortunately, this eyeshadow is very sheer and it doesn't last the day. It creases, even if I wear another colour over it. I use it as a base now and sometimes on my brow bone.

I wouldn't repurchase this shade but I may try another colour like the back to bronze. Maybelline and I have never been friends...this product confirms our hatred for one another.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Barely Beige is a lovely all-over lid color. I take a very small amount on the pad of my ring finger, then gently pat to place it all over my lid. It took me a lot of time to get used to using these Color Tattoo shadows, maybe because I am a stranger to MAC's Painterly Pots, but now this is a quick way to brighten up my eyes. It doesn't crease on me, but I have noticed that it doesn't blend well or play well with other shadows, even other Color Tattoos. Overall, a nice product to have on hand for mornings when I'm running late but still want to look put together.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

It's beautiful but it is a little sheer and it creases :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-Very sheer consistency
-Does not provide much coverage
-oily finish
-small amount of product for what you pay for

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by PiMehMeh

This is the first of the five Metallics I was able to get my hands on, and I must say I'm on the fence about it. It's a really pretty color but I find myself having to sheer it out and use it more as a base for other eyeshadows because it's so intensely light. It's not so starkly white as Too Cool, but it's about just as frosty, so I tend to use this more as a highlighter for the inner corners of my eyes, the middle of my eyelid, and on my brow bone. It's definitely more of an eye brightener than an eyeshadow as far as I've used it. Bad to the Bronze suits my skintone much better, but Barely Beige may be a great neutral shadow for those with naturally pale skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by RoxxyG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this shade mostly as a base and it works quite well for that purpose.

It dries quick so I have to make sure to apply it quickly. I have also used this quite a few times to lighten my inner lash line/rim. I have quite a few of these pots and I won't say this is a fav but it does what it's suppose to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 1:16:00 PM More reviews by danniiela

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

gooooood !!!!