July 22, 2014 | 1276 users online

Nail Tools - OPI - Schnapps Out Of It

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

Shanplum's review has nailed this (no pun intended) - both the description of the shade and what skin tone it will suit. It is a great neutral but not for me. I am fair skinned but with cool undertones so this shade does not suit me. I bought my bottle online a few years after this was released as a collection. Mine applies a bit thick but I think that is because it is old stock.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This is a shade which you either love or hate, it's a true 1980s shade of at that time what was termed as 'neutral', the kind of shade you will see on film actresses from that era or on hand models, a terracotta rose with very subtle silver pearlescence in the background which doesnt give an obvious shimmer but gives life and dimension to the shade. An unbelievably pretty shade which I would call "apricot preserves tinged with brown and coral" I wish more companies would bring back this sort of shade as it is very flattering on my skintone and is neutral as in it won't clash with what you are wearing. The formula is fast drying and incredibly shiny. Probably best suited to quite fair skintones with obvious yellow undertones (which is what I am) I think this would clash with cooler undertones so keep in mind if you are trying to decide on a purchase. There is another shade called 'Gouda gouda two shoes' which is very similar but more cool toned pink which would work for the cooler toned ladies which looked blah on me. Give that one a go if this is too warm for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 7:56:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Schnapps Out Of It is my favourite in the German collection. It's a nice mix of rust/brown and red. The color is very neutral and can be worn at the office and anywhere without screaming " I'm wearing nail polish!!"... It's a good option if one is tired of wearing red or nude..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Schnapps Out Of It is from OPI Germany 2012 Fall/Winter Collection. This color is a mauve/brown base color with tint of red and a dusty grey undertone. It also has super fine silver glitter and a silver sheen. It's quite an attractive color. It really suits the weather when it's cold and winder as this color is quite warm looking.
The application is easy and I only use two coats to make it opaque and the best point is it doesn't streak.
I find this color really compliment my warm skin tone and the silver sheen makes it looks like creme and alive. I think this color is very wearable to office on a day to day basis and I will buy this one again.