November 25, 2014 | 1819 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Mint Sprint

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Ellie424

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: dries quickly, cheap
Cons: Staining

This is a pretty green based teal color (I wouldn't say mint). Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polishes are my go to polishes when I want to paint my nails, but don't have much time. The brush is awkward because it is a little overly large, and picks up too much polish. Make sure you wipe off most of the excess polish before you use it, though not too much or it won't spread well. Watch out because excess polish drips down quickly from the top of the brush. I usually wait for most of this polish to drip off into the bottle before I start. Once you're ready to apply the polish, it takes about two strokes to cover larger nails, one for the pinky. This polish is highly pigmented and takes only one coat. However it stains when you remove it. I advise using at least one layer of base coat, maybe two. You'll need to wash the stains on your hands with soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the wider brush. This polish is a beautiful teal that works well with my cool-toned skin. Plus it's opaque in one coat. The only drawback is that it stains, so don't put it on bare nails!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by LaceyLouise

I LOOOVEEEE this kelly green color but when I put a top coat over it completly changed the color of the polish. It looks okay with out one but is a little dull. I would go with Essie's mojito madness over the sally hansen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dries fast, pretty color, only one coat required, and it's cheap. Meets all my requirements. I like the wide brush, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've not had too much luck with Sally Hansen polishes but I can safely say I was well pleased with Mint Sprint from their Insta-Dry line . It's not at all a mint polish, instead it is a very lovely teal creme. I'm not a fan of the wider brushes but I think someone with more experience with wide brushes could probably get away with one coat; I needed two but that's the standard so I wasn't much bothered.

The thing that will make me never buy this polish again, however, is the staining. It stains like a staining thing so if your base isn't made to stand up to staining in a major way, keep away!