October 26, 2014 | 903 users online

Mascara - Shu Uemura - Lash Builder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I didn't have very high expectations for this lash treatment due to my past experiences with lash growing serums (Ardell, Mavala) but after using this for a little over a week, I have to say it definitely works and is the best lash treatment I've used thus far. I haven't tried any prescription treatments, so I'm only comparing Lash Builder to other non-rx products.

The brush is a small triangular spoolie that grabs every lash, including the ones in the outer corners of my eyes and my near non-existent lower lashes. The formula stings if it gets directly into my eye, but I don't wake up to redness or bloodshot eyes like I do with other eyelash treatments, so that's a big plus in my book. My lashes appear darker and thicker with nightly use. This is pricey but cheaper than lash extensions, and when I use Shiseido mascara base and Shu stretch extreme mascara, my formerly wimpy eyelashes are tons longer and more fluttery. Would definitely repurchase! continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 6:04:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

When I was younger, I used to use lash repair and didn't find a difference using it or not. Lately I have been noticing my lashes keep dropping when I remove my mascara and I am worried that they will thin out. I went back to Shu Uemera but couldnt find the lash repair anymore. It seems all they have is the lash builder, so out of desperation I bought it. I use it religiously every day, either morning or night, and definitely when I use mascara. I did see an improvement -- a real obvious one. My lashes stopped dropping! I'm not sure if they have grown thicker or longer, but I'm just glad to maintain whatever lashes I have left.