April 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Polishes - Mary Kay - Salon Direct Long-Wearing Nail Enamel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this as a hand-me-down from my aunt. This is the first nailpolish that I have ever used that is of quite decent quality. I love the fact that it goes on my nails so smoothly, it's perfect. No bumps or lines or anything. I have this in Chocolate Mousse and it's a nice warm, chocolate red color.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2005 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Missers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I thought how great can a $6.00 bottle of nail polish be? Well I am very impressed! It has been on my nails for 6 days and still looks great! All the other nail polishes I have tried are chipped and nasty looking the day after I do them! This stuff even lasted through cleaning the bathroom! I am very excited about this product and will be buying other colors. I have Rosey Sands which is really cool at some angles it looks orange and at others it looks pink. Sooo cool!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2004 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mk98julie

This product was discontinued several years ago. If you still have some, throw it out. Nail polish is not meant to be used for years on end as if it were a blush or eye shadow. I like the new nail products MK has called MK Signature. They also occassionally have some limited edition Velocity nail colors. I've found that I must use the Base Coat first, then two thin coats of the Nail Color, then finally the Top Coat to ensure longer lasting wear.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2004 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Wynter_Z

Nothing magical here. Just typical nail polish. It holds up fairly well against every day wear, but I'm not crazy about the colors.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2003 11:58:00 AM More reviews by wandaring0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a former consultant.. and of course I had to use all the products, which I loved except this. I've tried many of the colors, and none seem to go on my nails right. Most polishes blend when you overlap, but this always appeared streaky. The color never lasted long either. I usually had chips within a day. The one nail product I would recommend is the base coat. I find it always keeps my nails shiny and lasts through a week before I need to reapply. It doesn't help the polish though. The base is best worn natural.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 11:13:00 AM More reviews by avon_lady

I have this in Roseberry, I think it is one of the older colors, I don't even know if they still make it. It's a very bright fushia pink. I am not a pink person at all so I had a hard time with it. I really like the color on my toes, especially in the summer, but I just couldn't handle it on my nails, so I layered a light frosty pink over it to tone it down a bit. I think I'm only going to use this on my toes. Overall nice color though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2003 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Soybeans236

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are nice, they glide on smooth and not streaky at all. They have great colors. With a top coat and base coat these will last a week on me. Pretty darn good!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2003 11:01:00 PM More reviews by jljames4

The shade is Pink Bikini. The result is sooooo sweet. This is a perfect shade for the summer, beach. If you are tan it would probably be even better (I am Casper's Sister). Wears like nails as long as you do the work (base coat and top coat). The new bottle is darling too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 12:27:00 AM More reviews by amyaub

I got this free from my consultant. Overall, it seems to be pretty decent quality. The color (Mocha Freeze) is really nice as well. the polish went on smooth and has a nice finish. So far no chipping problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2003 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mejohnson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Downtown Brown is a brownish frost. Maybe even a little bronze looking. It's not too dark and wears great!