Estee Lauder Age Reversing Line/Wrinkle Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

2.5

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3.00%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.70%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Butylene Glycol, Di-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Steareth-21, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Sucrose, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Steareth-2, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polyethylene, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’s Wort) Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Centaurium Erythraea (Centaury) Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Hydrolized Rice Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Selaginella Tamariscina (Spike Moss) Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Extract, Yeast Extract, Limonium Vulgare Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Whey Protein, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Fruit Juice, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Caffeine, Acetyl Glucosamine, Linolenic Acid, Adenosine Phosphate, Lactoperoxidase, Phospholipids, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triolein, Cetyl Dimethicone, Phytantriol, Trehalose, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysilicone-11, Isohexadecane, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Sodium PCA, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Propylene Glycol Heptanoate, Polysorbate 80, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glucose, Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Lactate, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Oleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Potassium Sulfate, Decarboxy Carnosine HCL, Nordihydrogualaretic Acid, Cyclodextrin, Tromethamine, Hexylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Silica, Ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol Manganese Chloride, Dipentaerythirityl tri-Polyhydroxystearate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Mica.

I got this product as a freebie for spending a certain amount at the EL counter.

I just used it for the first time today, and can't say anything yet about how my skin will react to it in terms of allergic reactions or breakouts. However, here are my first impressions:

My skin was very dry to start with before I applied it. At first I used waaaay too much (a pea sized amount) and had to wash it off and apply again because my skin was soo shiny! It stung when I first applied it, but that always happens to me when my skin is particularly dry. My dry flakes disappeared after applying this and my skin felt well hydrated, no tightness at all! This also doesn't feel heavy; I don't even notice it on my skin. The only downside so far is it doesn't fully absorb. It leaves a shiny layer on my skin.

I didn't like putting my makeup on top of this. The oily layer made my makeup slide around and trickier to apply in some places. I do have a few active pimples and plenty of scars to cover up atm, and it was really hard to apply concealer with this moisturizer. The concealer just wiped off when I tried to blend it.

I will try using even less product next time and will update on my results. Hopefully this won't give me a rash or break me out!

UPDATE:

It's now been about 24h since I first used this product, and I've started breaking out in a rash. It's a shame because I really liked how this made my skin feel otherwise. This might be a really nice product for someone less sensitive than myself.

on 3/14/2013 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I got a small jar of this as a GWP and since it was one of the few Estee Lauder moisturizers I hadn't tried, I decided to give it a go. First thing I notice is the fragrance. Why does EL have to put fragrance in almost everything they make?! Second of all, the jar packaging. Boo! I will say that this wears very well under the Invisible foundation that I wear, wasn't shiny or greasy so that's a plus. I didn't immediately start itching when I used it which is a feat in itself considering I'm so sensitive. I can tell you that since this contains Avobenzene AND Octinoxate, it's not photostable which is ultimately why I decided to stop using it after just a few days. Do I think I would look younger if I continued using it? I doubt it. And at $65 a jar, it should do something!

on 3/1/2013 5:34:00 PM

I got this moisturizer as part of the GWP from Estee Lauder.com. I received a whole set of Advanced time zone moisturizers (day cream w/SPF15, night cream, and eye cream). This day cream is okay & nothing special.

I give 2 stars for the following:

Texture: Absorbs well & goes on smooth! It's not oily & doesn't sit on my face forming a silicon film.

Ingredients: Compare to other department brands, Estee Lauder incorporates more botanical extracts, skin beneficial ingredients, and NO parabens. So I think spending the same amount or more $$ buying other brands such as Lancome, Chanel, Christian Dior is just not worth the money. Many of these brands don't have any skin beneficial ingredients & contains many harmful irritants & fragrances.

I took off 3 stars for the following reasons:

Skin irritation: Both the night cream & the Day cream w/SPF 15 are NOT for sensitive skin. The night cream contains coloring dye & fragrance, while the day cream has fragrance. I like the ideas of adding LOTS of botanical extracts in the "Advance Time Zone" line of Estee Lauder (EL), but some of "natural" extracts irritate my skin & give me red bumps. The red bumps evolve into rashes & my chin breaks out with many large cysts, even though the EL website claimed "non-acnegenic" on the Advance Time Zone moisturizers!! Also the coloring dyes & fragrance probably contribute to the skin irritation as well!!

Packaging: It doesn't come in a pump. I prefer skin care product to be dispensed from a pump so it's more sanitary.

Expansive: You can buy "organic" botanical exacts and peptide skin cream from many health food stores & only pay 50% less of EL products. EL claimed on its website that extensive scientific research had been performed to show efficacy?! These claims are not only biased, but also there are no peer-reviewed scientific published journals to support the effectiveness of these wrinkle creams.

The Advance Time Zone skin care line is not bad if you have NORMAL SKIN and if you can afford them!! Many customers believe department store skin care brands are "better" for their skin. EL is probably better than other major dept. store brands since their skin care incorporates a tremendous amount of botanical extracts & other beneficial ingredients. If you have ultra sensitive and/or acne prone skin, you may want to be cautious when trying out these creams.

on 10/28/2012 9:02:00 PM

This product took forever to soak into my skin .

on 9/25/2012 1:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Ive used both the combi and dry skin range and my vote goes to the dry skin creme. To begin with I have combi skin with oily T-zone and blackheads. I use a drugstore toner from Japan, then pat with SKII Miracle water and finally moisturize with this creme for dry skin. It left my skin smooth and flawless without any of my red capillary lines looking angry. I wake up everyday with skin refreshed and calm too. I noticed skin seems to get younger and better too. Its beautiful. :)

on 8/26/2012 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This creme smooths on effortlessly and sinks into my skin rather quickly. It is meant to moisturize and reduce lines and wrinkles. It does an excellent job moisturizing so much in fact that those with oily skin would probably want to steer clear of this. I just recently started to try serums and found that I needed extra moisture and wrinkle fighting ablitly since I'm now 30. I decided to try this and it did help with moisturization. It can really give you a nice glow but beware cause it can look greesy if you are supper oily already. I don't think I used it long enough to see if it really will help with lines and wrinkles. The only reason I would not repurchase is that this product after using it for several days in a row tends to give me these huge cystic looking acne. I really wish this didn't because it is a great creme! even has a little spf but not enough to be cause issues on it's own or have that gross spf smell...I'm still looking for an HG moisturizer/ age product...it's soo hard when you still have psycho skin that has major issues (my skin is dry/combination and oily/combination depending on the hour of day or week...always prone to breakouts and a little sensitive to some products.

Popular Moisturizers