Josie Maran Cosmetics Whipped Argan Oil Vanilla Apricot

4.6

on 4/4/2015 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Really love thsi body butter. Smells so great and feels luxurious. This body butter has some staying power and yet melts into the skin so perfectly. Love

on 3/1/2015 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This whipped argan oil is a great body butter. Just a tad will go a long way. I find that if you scoop up some, rub in between palms then apply to body this will last a long time. Soaks in quickly without that greasy feeling. Very pleasant scent that lasts all day. No need to use fragrance if you like a very light scent all day. This has been my go to all winter, no dry knees or elbows this year. It will not replace my Body Shop butter which I use as a barrier creme for self tanner, but this body butter triumps Body Shop in regards to how easily it is absorbed into the skin.

This is pricey on its own, so I watch for sale pricing in sets with other Josie Maran products on QVC or HSN...who ever sells this. I did score some holiday sales at Sephora. They were the mini size, but they were on clearance. Great splurge.

on 3/1/2015 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I'm not a fan. This stuff smells lovely but I don't like the oily finish. I feel like it never soaks in and leaves my skin greasy looking. I only got a sample of this and I won't be purchasing it. I have other argan products I like but this one just isn't to my liking.

on 11/18/2014 4:18:00 PM

Sorry to break this product's perfect record, but I am not a fan. It smells odd. No vanilla and the apricot is so faint it is barely noticeable, but it gives it a slightly bitter smell. Bottom line for me is that I don't like the way it smells, so I won't use it.

on 9/21/2014 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Eucerin PLUS Intensive Repair Hand Crème is the best ever serious hand lotion ever created.

With that being said, I like to keep a couple of 'luxury' hand creams around that work nicely and smell great. I use them as special treats because they are more expensive. Those 2 hand lotions are this Josie Maran one and Aveda's Hand Relief.

WHOOPS! The above review is for Josie's Whipped Argan Oil Intensive Hand Cream To Go...

now onto the other WHIPPED ARGAN OIL product I have- the body butter that comes in the tub...

It is so light and airy. Once rubbed in, it feels like a light, dry oil. Not slimey in the least. I ordered this online and was expecting something more creamy and heavy for some reason. I guess I should have used this in the summer. I bought the scent called BLOOM. I think it's supposed to smell like roses. It barely smells of anything which is good, I guess (although I wanted to layer Stella McCartney with it). It is a nice product but I will not be repurchasing because it's $32.

on 8/13/2014 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Smells soooooo good. Does a lovely job of moisturising. Bit too expensive but it feels luxurious and hey, we're worth it right?

on 8/1/2014 2:59:00 PM

Love. Very rich but light. Can use all over - it's fine on my face in a pinch. Expensive! But it's something I often give as a gift because most if us don't splurge that much on a body lotion for ourselves. That said - we should because a little of this goes a very long way and can really whip dry skin into shape - in a lux manner.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

IMO, the moisturizing power of this product is mediocre.

But friends, you don't buy this product to heal dry, cracked skin. You buy it because it smells edible.

By edible, I don't mean fake vanilla-y perfume with an ambiguous, overly sweet, fruity undertone. I mean the divine scent of vanilla bean and real apricot oil, light and sweet, with the texture of whipped cream.

I rub this stuff on my legs and the smell of it makes me hungry, guys.

I received this as a graduation gift and cannot afford to repurchase but I wish I could.

on 3/7/2014 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

DESPITE the insane price for this body butter, I would purchase again. Matter of fact, I just purchased a huge tub off of e-bay, but I know it will last forever...I absolutely love this stuff. The smell is amazing, and the butter just sinks into your skin. I used it for an eczema patch I have on my leg, and it healed it...before it was so itchy and dry and after two days of using this, it's gone. Worth the price. I have another of her body butters that I love also.

on 2/8/2014 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I tried this in the Be Loved/Jasmine scent. It smells light and pretty. The texture is very smooth and buttery. It really does moisturize without being overly greasy. I use this on legs after shaving and my skin is so soft, silky, and smooth! I received this as part of a gift set. As nice as it is, I would never buy this for myself. But that's because I am also happy using Lubriderm. I will say that it's been great to have this during this very long and unseasonably cold winter. If you suffer from very dry skin, or you're a body cream junkie, you might need this.

Top Rated Josie Maran Cosmetics Products