July 31, 2014 | 1868 users online

Nails - Bourjois - Magic Nail Polish Remover

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by susiej

Oh dear, voice of dissent coming through.....

The convenience of this remover sold it to me. Removing nail polish sucks so whatever makes it faster and easier = good times! First thing I did was take a whiff of the bottle because I'd read that it smelt pleasant enough- good grief I felt like I was doing solvents. It smelt as strong and as pungent and as alike any other nail polish remover that I have used before, which was a little disappointing but not really a deal breaker.

To use this product you put your finger in the sponge inside and wiggle about a bit- I really disliked the feel of it. This is obviously a very personal thing but it gave me the shivers- like when nails are down a blackboard. It *did* however do the job. Perhaps not in one second but within a few anyway. Unfortunately for me it massively dried out the skin around my nails and caused large red swellings surrounding the cuticles. It was probably a combination of that and the dryness that left the skin on the tips of my fingers feeling almost numb for about an hour after I used the product. Suffice to say it's a dud for me. I still think that it is worth a try for others in that- obviously I had a reaction to it and I didn't actually like how it felt to use but if you got past those two factors it would be convenient and it would satisfy its purpose. I can't comment on longevity of the bottle or how it holds up to repeat use because I'll be giving my away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

Genius little thing this one. Nothing else needed no cotton wool, good quality remover. Dip your finger in, twist a few times and within 10 seconds your polish is removed. Can be used with glitter polish but keep in mind the sponges are not super strong so don't rub like crazy. Also, your polish will accumulate in this thing so it's not gonna last you forever. My remover turned a little pinkish (my fave color to wear) after a while. But you can wash your hands after and it's fine, will not stain or anything but you might want to throw it out eventually or recycle. I would recommend buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is possible the quickest, easy to use and convenient product I have ever used to remove nail varnish. I love the design first of all, because there is no need for any cotton wool, you simply stick your nail inside the sponge-lined tub and within a few seconds and with a little rubbing the nail varnish is completely gone! It works with pretty much any nail varnish, cheap or expensive, and even on the tough glitter based ones. Obviously, the cheaper the varnish, the easier it is to remove, and with the glitter based you definitely have to work a little bit to get it off but it is still quicker than using traditional remover with a cotton pad. It is also the first remover I have ever used that has a fragrance, which is quite nice because often most removers have a harsh chemical scent to them, but this one is fragranced with red fruit & vanilla. The tub does make big claims, stating that it is one second per nail removal. I definitely wouldn't say it is only one second, but definitely within five, which is a positive. I'd guess about 10-15 though if you are working with a glitter polish. Overall though, the best thing in varnish remover in a long time, would definitely recommend and buy again. I've had this for several months now and used it regularly but it still hasn't run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by milkypop

Prior to purchasing this product i had been using Sephora's Express Nail Polish Remover. Whoever invented these removers in a bottle is a mad genius. I no longer have to struggle with cotton pads in the midst of a manicure to fix botched nail polish. Coming back to my original point these retail for the same price as Sephora's but i very much prefer Bourjois in so many aspects.

Using the Sephora one kind of stinks up my room but the Bourjois one doesn't, and has a nice fruity fragrance. The Sephora one also leave my fingers and nails with a strange dry/sticky feeling and i definitely have to wash my hands after, which dries out my nail beds quite abit, while this one is clearly more moisturising. Lastly the Bourjois packaging is far superior because the sponge in the bottle seems to be of higher-grade - just denser and firmer because when you swirl your finger around it gets the polish off more easily.

Great product and a must-have for home manicure addicts.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by melashton

This product is amazing, it's literally magic! It removes nail varnish in like three seconds, the only negative is the price which is about 5 which to me seems quite expensive but depending on how long it lasts it's completely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:12:00 AM More reviews by softy22

this product is awesome ... just bought it and I'm already in loooove with it <3
it removes nail polish in 1 second as it says and even less

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm abit skeptical about this product and thought its alittle unhygenic to be redipping into the same solution and sponge but...

Its amazing at removing normal polish, literally dip my finger in and wait 5 seconds, then twist around and voila!!! its gone! There isn't any polish left over at the side and no extra step is required. I'm in love.

The sponge goes all the way in the container and you don't feel your finger is in the solution, which is not what i was expecting. The sponge feels very good quality, soft and firm at the same time. Not harsh on my weak nails, its non-acetone and it does leave a moisturizing coating... the smell is pleasant compared to other nail polish removers. Still smells of polish remover but with a little fruity scent that is quite nice. The amount of liquid inside is quite little though.

For glitter polish, i'll leave my finger in longer and do have to use polish remover on a cotton pad to remove every last bit but this has made removing glitter polish so easy! In the past, I completely saturate a cotton pad and hold it on my nail for maybe a minute. Then i had to rub and rub and rewet my cotton pad. With this, very easy.

Totally amazing and will get backups. Just wish it wasn't so expensive.

Update: I only use this when i wear glitter polish, which is not very often and mostly on my accent nail. The sponge did not last and has been "torn" by the glitters when i rub against the sponge trying to remove it. My fingers ended up with black bits of the sponge. Disappointed although i still use it, refuse to throw it out since its quite pricey.

Update: Even though there is still product inside, it does not remove glitter as well as it can initially. This is only a few months occasional use on accent nails. Cannot be more than 6 months. Good product but does not last and not worth the money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I kept hearing all the hype about this, so I grabbed a bottle. Was all excited and couldn't wait to get home and test it out.

This is, without a doubt, one of the biggest loads of false advertising I've ever seen. I don't understand how they can say it's a '1 Second' remover and actually get away with it. Under no circumstances does this take polish off in 1 second. If you only have on 1 coat, it *might* work in about 10 or 20 after twisting and rubbing your nail against the foam insert, and then you can add additional time w/a Q-Tip going around the edges of your nails to remove the polish still there.

Keep in mind also, that this is a non-acetone remover...which usually doesn't work as well as a normal acetone one would. The smell is fairly nice, and what's said about oil in it is true. It does seem to moisturizer the nails. But unless you want to spend the better part of 20 minutes taking off your polish, do yourself a favor and put this jar back on the shelf...especially those of you who wear glitter nail polish, as this stuff is horrible for removing it.

UPDATE-I've recently had acrylics put on and since I forgot to pick up some non-acetone remover, I had no choice but to use this and I have to say it's really good at taking the polish off of them. While it wasn't '1 Second', it did get all of it off (even around the edges). I still maintain this stuff is rubbish if you have natural nails, but it seems to work well on fake ones.

Recently tried it w/glitter polish and it was useless.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 6:05:00 AM More reviews by Chemikalische

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I had heard about this product many times and I went to buy it and find out what the hype was about.
This is the best nail varnish remover I have found, it removes nail varnish in seconds and is acetone and paraben free. It also leaves your nails smelling of red fruit and vanilla, which I absolutely love.
A bargain at 4.99, I find it to be an essential.