December 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Cleansers - Equate - Oil Free Face Wash (Neutrogena knockoff)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I REALLY DON'T GET MY SKIN!!! So, I have acne-prone, combination skin. I used this for over 2 months hoping that it would clear my face. You know, beacuse of the salicylic acid, and the fact that is non-comedogenic. But dang, this is.... I really don't know what this is. It smells good, looks like the original oil-free acne wash from Neutrogena, but with better ingredients and it STILL BROKE ME OUT. Like huge painful NODULE type. Ouch! I still like the way that it makes my skin feel, soft after rinsing it out. But don't get all worked up and fearful beacuse you think this would happen to you. Not exactly. If you're skin does NOT go well at all with gel cleansers, like me, then DO NOT PURCHASE!! If not, then go ahead. But then again, maybe it broke me out like that because it was getting the gunk out of my face? Because till this day I'm still using this product ( I'm a cheapskate) and I don't have those big pimples all over my cheeks ( unless I have PMS).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mmherman

One of my sisters bought this boring looking stuff. I ran out of my cheapo wash, Aveno foaming acne wash, and used this. I have been super lazy and not bought any Aveno for about a month so I have used this for awhile. It cleans well and removes all my makeup. It is rather thick, but it doesn't irritate my skin. It has a very old lady scent to it, which I dont mind because it smells like soap my grandmother used. Kinda nostalgic for me.

What I think really impresses my skin and me is the salicylic acid. I noticed an earlier post mentioned it was good for shaving. My guess would be that the exfoliating nature of the product's active ingredient is what helped alleviate ingrown hairs. I have an issue with that as well so I will have to try this out as a shaving soap around the lady bits area sometime.

Overall I like..just a simple product that gets my face clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by fettcourt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is similar to Neutrogena's oil free eye makeup remover. I don't see any difference between the two.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by oliviamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing, just like the famous orange stuff, but better. Way cheaper, and leaves less residue.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is horrible for my face. I have acne prone, but very sensitive skin. I used this twice a day and my face felt sensitive to the touch, so I cut it down to once a day, then every other day and with continued use, my face got drier, even around my eyes it was drying, I've never seen that with anything before! I also got cystic acne and it even flared up a mole. I find though that if I use it to shave with, it reduces my razor bumps very well, something I've been struggling with. I will probably buy it again got that, but for my face, I will never touch it again. :(