October 30, 2014 | 1180 users online

Eye Primer - Smashbox - Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by adrianalaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- Smooths out the under eye area to help concealer glide on
- Concealer lasts longer
- Brightens dark circles
- Concealer doesn't seep into my fine lines as much..

(Keep in mind that if you have fine lines under your eyes, when you layer concealer over it, it WILL crease! But there are techniques and products you can use to lessen this.. This product will help with that, but it will not completely prevent concealer from sinking into the fine lines.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

This is possibly one of the worst things that I have ever bought in terms of it not doing what it's supposed to. It goes on nicely, but does absolutely nothing else. My fine lines were still visible and my concealer still settled into them. Don't waste your money on this, buy a good eye cream instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 4:58:00 AM More reviews by kikamadonna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this primer get my concealer to cover better and last longer. It does not work alone but with concealer on top gives it a fresher look. I will definitely buy again unless I find another under eye primer from another brand. I love to try something new.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by EliG

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice smoothy, creamy texture.

Unfortunately, immediately after I put it on, my under eye area started swelling until I looked like I had bags. I've never had that happen before. Had to wash it off right away...

Would not recommend for those with sensitive skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 11:28:00 AM More reviews by parisianwalkways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very soothing and hydrating, gives an instant boost. concealer goes on much better, helps with dryness, fine lines, puffiness and dark circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:47:00 PM More reviews by monarose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Useless waste of money. Did not do anything for me - no brightening (not even the tiniest bit), no smoothing out, no line filling - absolutely nothing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I got this when it first came out. I thought it would be a refreshing, moisturizing canvas for concealer, or alone when I'm going for a more natural look. Unfortunately, the cooling sensation lasts a couple of seconds, and then what I'm left with is a cakey, dry undereye area. Good concept, poorly executed.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by Lynnnguyen

This brightens up dark circles a little but you're better off using a concealer without this. It doesn't help fine lines either

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this hoping it would be better than a regular face primer, but it wasn't. I have really dry skin including my under eyes. This didn't add extra moisture, it has a brightening effect but once you put concealer/corrector over it, it disappears. One of the worst things about it is, it takes forever to dry that no matter how long I waited my concealer always rolled up in little balls, or looked streaky. I thought it made me look older after a few hours of wear. However, I just got a new water-based face primer (Laura Mercier Oil Free), and it works really good as an under eye primer as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Caracal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

The first few minutes after dabbing on the Under Eye Primer were magical. The fine lines filled in, the area felt cool and hydrated and looked ever so slightly airbrushed. I was in heaven even though a deeper diagonal line in the under eye area wasn't noticeably improved. Three hours later and my eyes look old, crepey and tired, much worse that before application. This the first under eye primer I've tried in years, I was hoping for tightening, brightening and filling. Good thing I didn't pay full-price for this disappointment, it came in the Smashbox eye primer kit. Hopefully will have better luck with the other primer products.