October 31, 2014 | 1375 users online

Styling Products - Dove - Nourishing Oil Detangler

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by ozfan

I haven't written a review in years... but I had to spread the word about this amazing detangler. I have shoulder length, highlighted, colored, processed, blah hair. I have purchased so many high end and low end products, it's ridiculous. I had been using It's A Ten spray, ran out... decided to try this stuff based on reviews. OH. MY. GOD. My hair is INCREDIBLE now. It doesn't even seem to matter what shampoo I use. When I use this, my hair dries beautifully, is truly soft, shiny, incredibly healthy feeling and looking.

I am truly shocked. I can retire my $30 Bumble and Bumble and Phyto products!!! I don't know why it works so well but it DOES. Thank you Dove!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by amnasaeed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff makes my long straight hair hair so beautiful, soft and shiny. It also makes it SOOO EASY to comb through it after the shower.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 2:12:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

Just bought my second bottle of this. I have very long hair and this really helps in-between washes to keep my hair detangled and smooth. I don't use very much. Sometimes I just spray it on my hand and work it through my hair. You need to shake this before each use. I sometimes forget that. I had a hard time finding a detangler that wasn't for children. Really like this one. The scent is nice and not overwhelming. It was just a few bucks too. Definitely worth having.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Leigh100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this product. Its lightweight and doesn't seem to build up. Yes there is a cone in it. It is the ingredient cycloptasiloxane. I'm ok with it as this one as it is a deposit repelling silicone and supposedely it does not require an SLS shampoo to remove.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to detanglers and serums, I have tried thousands of them and each and every one of them in the past had worked for a while and then stopped working. The built up and then hair fall and then hair breakage and the story goes on and on. Make the long story short, I bought this because it was inexpensive and really did not have any high expectation other than adding it to my bathroom collection of products that went useless. So tried this on my dry hair and for the first time in my life, my hair got detangled without falling off or becoming too greasy. Frizz was gone too. The smell is cherry that I do not care but the performance has been nothing but satisfactory. Soft and silky and detangled are the best combination for my waist length rebellious color treated hair. Love this and wonder why I never tried it before. I agree with all of the raves here. This is a magical treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2013 9:42:00 AM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smells wonderfull and it's able to detangle my long curly hair.The price is awsome as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by CollegeKid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's my second time using this. I have used this when my hair is dry and wet. I think it works better when my hair is dry. When wet it wasn't effective at all. But when my hair is dry it instantly nourishes and detangles. I have really really dry brittle hair. I straighten my hair almost everyday except during the school breaks. My hair is also damaged because last year I added blonde highlights. And I don't get to cut my hair as often as I want to. So I only cut it once a year. My ends are completely dry and and are worn out but my roots are soooooo oily. Literally, I would wash my hair in the morning and late evening the top section of my hair is greasy. I have tried tresseme dry shampoo which only made my hair more greasy and even weighed it done. Anyways, I spray this at the ends of my hair and in my brush and gives it a healthier shine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by tante_v

I've just bought my second bottle of this. I got it first for my daughter, whose spiral curls can be out of control and extremely snarly after a night's sleep. It worked better than any of the many other "kid detangler" products we tried; we spray it on at night after washing her hair and comb it through, and the curls are much better behaved the next morning. We use it on her hair dry too, purely as a detangler, and again, it does well. I was hesitant to try it on my own hair (thin, blonde) as I was really afraid it would look greasy. The first time I used it, I sprayed about two pumps. No grease, no oily look. I've since started using it liberally and it never looks greasy. It leaves my hair soft and shiny looking (in a natural way); I had a friend comment on it one day when literally all I had done was to wash and spray this in. I let it air dry, no styling, and my friend could see how good it looked via Skype. So yeah, I love it, and I use it on days when I'm either too lazy to use my conditioner (which takes forever to rinse out) or when I'm running late. A definite repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product was so/so for me. I really like using natural oils in my hair because they deeply condition and coat my very damaged over processed hair. I decided to give Dove's nourishing oil detangler a shot and this is what i've experienced: smells good, nice packaging, easy to dispense (squirt bottle), does not deeply moisturize, makes hair somewhat greasy/oily, does not lock in moisture or help protect against heating products

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CG1981

Very good product for detangling and moisturizing.
Spray nozzle sprays everything out till last drop. I use this when my hair is wet or before bed on the ends. I would re-purchase.