July 31, 2014 | 2019 users online

Lip Treatments - Almay - Pure Tints Limited Edition Holiday Lights

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2004 5:09:00 PM More reviews by mayapapaya24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I surprisingly did like these. I bought the pack with berry. So i have berry shimmer, plum, and berry. They are all beautiful colors but i have to say that plum is my fav. However, i was on a make-up binge and I just bought this on impulse. I have way toooo many lippies at the moment, so i'm gonna put these up for swap. I like how they feel on my lips, nice and smooth and creamy, and the SPF 25 is an added bonus, since most lippies at the most will only have SPF 15 or 10. I like that they are so small and slim, and can fit anywhere. Just wish they had more/better colors and were a tad bit glossier. But i'm just a gloss whore. =)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2003 2:33:00 PM More reviews by glamrgirl429

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found these at Big Lots for only $1.99 and I do like the texture and SPF factor of these, but I didn't know they'd be so pigmented! Champagne is my favorite..its like a shimmery goldish nude! :) Nude is anything BUT nude! Its like an orangey red on my pale lips! Horrible! And Nude Shimmer is a better color than Nude..its more brown-based but its so DARK and where's the shimmer?! So I would definetly NOT buy these again, but I do give them a 2 for the texture and SPF 25!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2003 1:31:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not sure why some reviewers say this is more like a lipstick than a balm, I bought the berries trio and the berry shimmer doesn't show up on me at all. It's a good size and good concept but didn't work for me. As a lip tint, it doesn't work and it's not great as a balm. So I swapped the other two away. Luckily I got it reasonably cheap in Australia...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2003 4:24:00 PM More reviews by art-mama

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought four packs of these : the Berry, Pinks, Nudes and the Mauves. I concur with the other reviews that this lipbalm is very much like a lipstick in its texture ... too thick and matte to truly be called a tint. That said, I love these and that they are a balm, lippie and SPF in one product -- another HG product from Almay!The colours that work best in this line for me (LLL w/ golden tone) are Clear, Heather, Pink Nude, Nude Shimmer,Cocoa, Plum & Mauve(not bad, about 3/4)the rest were either too pale or too orange/pink/fuschia. The slim package is great, and I can fit a day *and* evening shade into my wee little purse. I can fit five of these little babies into the zippered pouch and they fit oh-so-neatly into my makeup case of which there is little room. ;) My only nitpick is that their crank on these sometimes jams so that you can turn them up but not back down ... this is a biggie for me, because they are so small and expensive even at their reg. price, it's not fair that so much of the lippie can get wasted by this annoying little "feature". Can we work out this bug, Almay, pretty please? UPDATE: Tested the new LE's in Deep Berry Pink Nude, and Mauve Pearl: DB goes on a nice deep berry colour, but quickly fades to a nice if somewhat ho-hum mauve rose. PN is somewhere between the Heather and Nude Shimmer LE's ... a subtle pink YLBB with slight shimmer. MP is an intriguing warm brick red in the tube but also changes on my lips to a sheer, pale pink w/ shimmer. Not bad colours, just disappointing because they don't stay true.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2002 6:21:00 PM More reviews by charlita

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the Blush set of these and do like the expanded color collections with the shimmers! The Blush color set is a bit pink for me but 2 of the 3 colors work so I still think that's a good deal. Wish I could have tested them first but I really am happy with the set. The little case they come in isn't bad either. I would like to buy more of these in the Mauve and Nude shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2002 6:19:00 PM More reviews by aparrish

These new limited edition holiday packs contain three Pure Tints, one in the regular line's, Nude, and two in new colors: Champagne and Nude Shimmer.

The three tubes are packaged in a cute, tiny zippered clear vinyl pouch and retailed at Walmart for just under $8.

Nude is the color I've used in the past. Champagne gives a warm, light golden glow. It's soft and barely noticable on my lips.

Nude Shimmer is my new favorite. It's a nice shimery brown a touch darker that what I'd call nude, but still quite flattering and wearable.

UPDATE: After a couple weeks I wasn't as impressed with these anymore and they've since been swapped.