October 20, 2014 | 1566 users online

Conditioner - L'Oreal - Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Creme Conditioner

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This review is for the restoring night elixir. My hair is a dark blonde shade with a few highlights and I try to avoid ingredients like limonene, linalool, I think they make your hair yellow and brassy and it's what this product contains. I tried this over two nights and it's really uncomfortable to have product in your hair overnight. I didn't notice any significant conditioning effect and the above mentioned yellow/brassy tone showed up. It's not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 2:39:00 PM More reviews by blacksnake

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've used this conditioner a couple month, mostly with the corresponding shampoo. As they have changed the formula of the shampoo and I didn't realize at first, i gave the shampoo to my Mom and I'm using up this bottle along with other conditioners. I won't repurchase any more, as i have grown more conscious on hair care ingredients (i.e. palm oil) and found other, better (but more expensive) products.
It's not a super miracle conditioner, as the promises on the bottle suggest (but that's normal). I think for the price you pay, it's ok.
The scent is rather synthetic and sweet, but I don't mind to much.It doesn't linger anyways.
I like the consistency, it's creamy and it comes easily out of the bottle. It's easy to distribute on the lengths and tips.
It detangles the hair a bit and makes it easier to comb. The hair feels softer and stronger, but I don't feel like it has long term effects, positive or negative.
On ingredients (formula may change or differ in other locations): It does have some silicone, but not tonnes like other drugstore conditioners. It has proteins (hydrolyzed wheat proteins) as well as moisturizing ingredients (palm oil, which is an environmental issue), but no Keratin as it says on the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by joana7

This is not the worst conditioner I've tried in my life but it definitely has the most obnoxious smell. Cheap, synthetic, overwhelming... just can't stand it! The texture is creamy but quite fluid. I need to use large amounts of this stuff in order to feel its benefits.

It detangles the healthy part of my hair nicely but it does NOT perform well on the most damaged parts of my hair (fringe and ends) as it takes ages to detangle and soften them.

I don't feel that this conditioner does anything for my hair and I will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 11:11:00 AM More reviews by MacMegan33

I have gone through two bottle of this conditioner it's a little watery and you have to use quite a bit. I literally massage all conditioners in my hair for five minutes and leave it in while shaving. I noticed you have to really work this in for maximum effect, I wash my hair as close to as a professional as I can. I really spend the extra time to work it in and I can tell you, this rebuilt my hair from inside out. My hair was damaged beyond really bad, multiple color processes for years, and I blow dry and flat iron everyday. I have never really be impresses with loreal hair line but I really like the elvive I have never seen this in the states, only vive and it's a waste of money.But for like 3 dollars down here, it works amazing for my hair. I like salon brands, and while I am a hardcore hair junkies, these are pretty awesome. I liked how it left my hair really soft and shiny with one use. My hair was fried and I could tell it had keratin and omegas and about of good stuff because my hair after I dyed I was pull a strand of my hair at first it was like jelly elastic like and it would stretch out really crazy and far and wouldn't break but not in the good way. After using it a couple time and leaving it in ten+ minutes my hair returned to normal-ish when pulled but still felt weak and soft and broke like crazy. After the first bottle my hair was strong and soft, I could tell my hair was way healthier. I think it delivers promises it makes on the bottle so far it helped all 5 signs of damaged hair. After the second bottle and three hair cuts, I still have a lot of my length ,too. (passed bra-strap) my hair is very healthy with BARELY ANY spilt ends or very much breakage I get the normal amount and some from blow drying but its really not alot. My hair had been the healthiest it's ever been, I've put my hair thru crap! I feel like this really repairs your hair! I honestly can say, one down side is I can't see this really working for thick or curly hair, I hate to say it but I think it's not creamy, thick or strong enough of a formula. If I was to cut off six iches of my hair I would have completely healthy hair, my ends have been dyed for years and they should really get cut off, but I hate having anything but long hair! I say if you have thin damaged hair get this! It does everything it promises on the bottle.
my hair is shiny,soft ,and the healthiest its ever been since high school! I use Biolage shampoo and conditioners normally but when I am broke I use Dove Intensive line, in latin america I couldn't find any so after looking forever I settled on this, and while I prefer Dove still (better smell/creamier/stronger), and this works almost the same (not the same-but great results still), but I think dove works on everyone (thick, curly, thin hair)!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

On the third use my hair discovered how horrible this conditioner is! I have to mention I live in Mexico so my conditioner is beige, and maybe the ingredient list is different but.... it is just a bunch of silicones! HORRIBLE! CHEAP! I threw it away!