October 2, 2014 | 1494 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - Elvive Total Repair 5 Restoring Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by joana7

Ok shampoo, certainly better than the conditioner. Inexpensive. Nice scent that does not linger. Leaves hair clean but not too matted or anything. Does make my hair frizz at the top though so I won't repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

Comes in a tan and red bottle. I got the matching set. I have never use the ElVive line, only the Vive line in the states, and hated it. Never the less-it's NOT the same as the colorful crappy cheap Vive line. This is a wonderful shampoo and conditioner duo. It brought my hair literally from the brink of death.
No joke, I mistakenly thought I could go dark brown al la kim kardashian wrong!!! So wrong. It made me look terrible, so I got super blonde highlights in it the next day after being turned down by multiple salon's who said they wouldn't do untill a couple weeks went by. Finally a salon agreed, (I could tell they just cared about the fact I was a paying american customer) I had been professionally getting blonde highlights in my hair for ten years. I was 12, now I am 22. I would dye my hair dark a lot too, and get bored and go back blonde. But anyways. My hair was damaged after I got it done at this shady place, although I loved my hair, they did a good job. It was really a lot of dramatic blonde and dark brown lowlights. I just fueled my inner Christina Auguilar,circa early 2000's. It eventually faded to light brown and blonde highlights.
But Back to the shampoo. Love it. First I found it kinda awkward to work with and couldn't get a good lather, my hair was sucking a lot of product up. I got the hang of it, and would put my head under the shower a second to get more water mixed in with the product to get a good lather. I have fine but thick-some what oily hair and wash my hair almost everyday I live in a hot climate and my hair gets all sweaty...
This shampoo has a clean nice scent, I smell every shampoo/hair products in the store before I buy. Elvive smells really good. You can tell the shampoo is more moisturizing that the average shampoo, and has vitamins and keratin in it. It didn't dry my hair out. Im so happy I purchased this shampoo. It's creamy and awesome. If you are weary of the Elvive I promise you it's nothing like the Vive line in the states these formulas are awesome. I got my in latin america, but I believe it's the same overseas, too. I have never seen this in the united states.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I have mixed feelings about this shampoo... on some days it would make my hair greasy, other days dry.. and rarely ever silky and super healthy. Though I have to say it did bring moisture to my hair, one day I woke up with awesome asian hair, it was soo straight and silky you wouldn't believe it! It remained clean and bouncy the whole day, smelling delicious.. though that just happened once, I don't know why the effects were so different all the time.
EDIT: I'm not sure if this is what started my hair loss... buy at your own risk.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by FleurDeCherisier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The more money you spend on a shampoo, the better it works? nope! So stop spending all of your cash on salonproducts and go straight to an ordinairy supermarket. This shampoo makes my hair look shiny, healthy and gets it in the softest state possible. Actually, i never found any other shampoo that can do the same for my hair. But! Don't forget to condition...or your precious hair will be a tangled, wild mess.