April 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Makeup Brushes - Tarte - Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Smc2334

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Omg I can't believe this brush isint more well known. I never knew how big of a difference the brush application of foundation or powder could impact your face. My face literally looks airbrushed after I'm done. I pair it with tarte foundation /powder also. It's expensive but worth it's I love how big the brush is too. Great for full coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 5:13:00 AM More reviews by tequilaneat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so loving my tarte airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush. I use it with tarte colored clay CC primer and it blends so well and give me a flawless finish! The brush is so soft and tender on my skin. Although the price is high but it is worth every cent!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 2:10:00 PM More reviews by missamanthann

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite foundation brush I have ever used (I almost exclusively use liquid foundations). Other brushes I've tried have been the typical flat foundation brush, stipple brush, and this round brush by Tarte, as well as the Beauty Blender sponge. All the brushes I previously have tried have been great with some liquid foundations, but horrible with others. This brush has been great with every liquid foundation I've tried, from BB cream to sheer foundations to heavy foundations.

I also bought this based on a recommendation from Trisha Paytas, and although it's $30, you can get a 20% discount if you sign up for Tarte's e-newsletter. I apply my foundation by dotting it on my face with my fingers and then buffing it in with the brush, applying in circular motions. Keep it very light, so you don't have to push down or have a heavy hand. Additionally, the brush can be used in a stippling motion to add a little extra coverage to your problem areas. I have found that this brush gives me the best of all brush worlds - the full application from a flat foundation brush, extra coverage from a stipple brush, and the natural look from the Beauty Blender.

Additionally this brush is very big. This means it's great for covering large areas of your face, like cheeks or foreheads, but it can also cover small areas, like around the nose, with ease as well. The brush is also extremely soft and it doesn't "suck up" the foundation like other brushes I've used. So even though this brush may be more of an initial investment than other brushes, you actually waste less foundation by using this brush. I've started recommending this brush to friends as well because so far it has been amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by azaleadeez

Buffing with this brush provides fuller and smoother coverage. The bristles on this brush are dense and firm but are still soft on the skin. I use it for both liquids and powders and it works perfectly fine for both. There's no shedding and the brush holds its shape even after washing. If there's a choice, I'd prefer a slightly slimmer handle though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Abbyb717

This is my favorite foundation brush I've tried so far. Others left streaks, blotchiness, and an overall cake-y feel to my face.. but not this one. After seeing this being used by the lovely Trisha Paytas, aka "blndsundoll4mj" (as she goes by on her Youtube channel) in one of her foundation routine videos, I knew it had to be mine. As she mentioned in her video, this brush is very dense, so instead of foundation being sucked into the brush, the foundation actually sits on top of the bristles allowing you buff it in and get the most out of it. I truly love how soft it is.. feels really luxurious and screams high quality to me. The only thing is.. I love my beauty blender more! Haha. As much as love this brush, I always find myself reaching for my beauty blender. But I do strictly use this brush for a couple of foundations that recommend using fingers or a brush.. So when I do use it, the coverage and finish is pretty close to the beauty blender's, which is quite impressive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this brush when I bought the Tarte Airbrush powder foundation. I don't know that this brush is absolutely necessary to get good results from the foundation but I am glad I did purchase it just because I sort of felt that to get the best results, it would be nice to have the brush that was developed to go along with the foundation. I like the short, stubby handle and the fact that the brush head fits perfectly into the mesh recess of the foundation container. The brush is soft but dense and does a great job of applying and buffing the foundation powder into the skin for a natural finish. I do wish this came with some sort of little protective pouch for keeping it clean if you toss it into your purse or travel bag but a Zip Loc type snack or sandwich bag, while not looking terribly elegant, does the trick for keeping it clean.

EDIT: Sorry, I put this review under the wrong category - my review is actually for the new "Airbuki" Bamboo Powder Foundation Brush. When you see the similarities between the names, it's easy to see why I put this review here!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by noelle001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! It definitely gives an airbrushed look, and it's great for applying powder foundation, liquid foundation, and even blush. It's a little pricey, but I've had it for years now and it still works as great as it did when I first bought it. Easy to wash and very convenient packaging.
I've used it to apply Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation, bareMinerals Ready SPF 20 Foundation, and Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush.
Definitely recommend! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by yuklin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really enjoy using this brush on my face. It really does give you a airbrush look. It is soft, and the bristles are well made. Easy to control and the size is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a thick, fluffy brush for smoothing on foundation. It kind of looks like a cross between a kabuki brush and a really fluffy blush brush. I use it with Tarte's BB cream and the texture is flawless. It leaves an undetectable finish, like your skin is just that great. My one complaint is that the handle is so wide t is hard to fit into my brush roll. But that is a minor complaint. I was lucky to get it at the friends and family sale, but i think this brush has such skillful application that it's worth it at full price. Would definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No