July 31, 2014 | 1941 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my go to foundation when I was looking for a quick fix. It is a fairly heavy coverage powder but can look cakey, though it doesn't feel super heavy on the skin. It is more on the expensive side for me, so I don't think I'd buy it again. I've found a liquid foundation with more coverage that can be applied just as quickly(wnw coverall) so I've been using this up to set it. I do like it but because of the price I won't buy it again. However, it is a pretty good powder foundation and I would recommend it to those on not as tight a budget who are looking for one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mama3ez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bismuth is the ingredient in this product (in most Mineral products, including Bare Minerals) that will cause your skin to break out. I liked the coverage this product offered (at first), until it oxidized on my skin, and caused a weird tingling feeling. It felt like I had a random hair tickling my face all day. Turns out, this was the beginnings of HUGE cystic acne caused by this makeup. I normally do not get cystic acne. I rarely get a pimple or two, but NEVER like this. I washed off the makeup, rinsed out the brush (thinking it was a chemical in the brush) and the brush itself rinsed out a very DARK GRAY! This is after 1 use of the brand new brush that came with the PUR makeup. I was so grossed out. I tried the makeup with a different brush, and my skin had the same reaction. I threw it away.

I have tried other mineral makeup that contains Bismuth, my skin reacts the same. Cystic acne. This is a toxin. I used Bare Minerals for about a year, my skin was the worst it has ever been in my life. I NOW know this is due to the Bismuth in the ingredients. NEVER AGAIN.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I liked that these minerals were pressed but they do not well on my oily skin. They did oxidize and change color. My shade was Light Tan but after an hour, it looked like I had some mud on my face. This is even with a primer. The quality of this product is not as good as even Bare Escentual. It is expensive for no good reason. I would not recommend it-

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I always stayed clear of boron or bismuth mineral products because 1/3 are apparently allergic and my skin is strange and thought I'd be one of the unlucky ones. But I'm not. Hooray!!!

The packaging is handy and convenient. It looks sturdy and would stay intact when I'm on the go. The colour match is pretty good for my neutral medium toned skin (I have Golden Medium). My skin is dehydrated and easily stressed with bumps and congestion if it doesn't agree with whatever I've used (particularly silicone!).

Talc based products stand out on my skin and *all* pressed powders have talc in it. I haven't had a pressed powder for years until I came across Nars pressed silica but that is small and expensive. Plus it doesn't do a great job at being a touch-up. I am aware it's meant to be a HD powder and that's not realllly their job.

It's easy to apply. I use my Sephora powder brush and set with Mario Badescu rose water spray on top of my Dusty Girl's BB Cream or other tinted cream. I used to used Nude By Nature which I still realllly like except its a loose powder, hard (too big) to transport and to get a good match without looking too washed out or cakey. I haven't used this as a full-coverage foundation but could definitely see its worth if I need to duck to the shops or something and want a little something on.

I saw that it has retinol in it which makes you more sensitive to sun damage however I highly doubt it's strong enough to really do anything (as I imagine all that stuff that is actually super effective would be regulated and available only as a prescription). I'd be happy if it were a milder as prescription retinol tho! Prescription retinol did make me more sensitive and gave me a sunspot.

No irritation, lasts for most of the day, looks a tad dewy and natural which I like. Good coverage and evens out skin tone well. Turns out my mum uses it too and she has for years. She keeps repurchasing and it turns out we are also the same colour - I wouldn't say we are but I guess that means the shade adapts to you and your preference.

I bought this on TVSN in Australia in their BOGO sale so $50AUD for 2 is a pretty good price! Not sure I'd buy one at $50 tho...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like Pur Minerals product line. However, when I tried their iconic 4in1 pressed mineral foundation I found it to be average and lacking in some departments. First of all its a bit expensive for a powder foundation. Any powdered product on the healthier side of ingredients tends to have less coverage because its not full of colour fillers or talc like the drugstore versions. However, I think this needs more coverage to be considered a foundation. The colours are pretty universal and I think they are good in that department but I don't like the dull finish. Also, for something that looks very matte after its applied I dont like that I become oily even with this on pretty soon. My Rimmel Stay Matte gives me a more luminous finish and definitely keeps me matte longer than this little powder. All in all, I dont find anything special about this aside from the convenient SPF 15 for touch ups on the go. I say save your money for a better performing product or buy their primers, because pur minerals performs much better in that department!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 4:59:00 PM More reviews by karlanee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am now on my 2nd purchase of this product and couldn't be happier. I am one of those ladies who cannot use Bare Minerals original because it makes me itch. I did use, and like, the Matte finish of Bare Minerals but got tired of the mess. While in Ulta one day I saw this product and thought perhaps it might be perfect for me.

I love this product even more than Bare Minerals! I love that I can take it with me with no mess. It goes on beautifully and stays better than any mineral makeup I've ever tried.

I have it in the color Light and it's perfect for my skin. Definitely try this! No breakouts for me, no itchy, no discoloration and best of all doesn't make my large pores look huge.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cimas

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Good for dry, sensitive skin. I have tried them all. The only downside is the brush...the hairs come out of it will using, other than that it is good and I cannot live without.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Juice44

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I used this product for well over a year. It provided good coverage, however I have a light-olive skin tone and the available color options didn't quite match (my face and neck were noticeably different colors). I found that one container lasted me about a month. I am not scared to splurge on cosmetics, however it costs about $30 for one container, and I've found other products that work better for me at a lower cost, that last longer. If this product matched my skin tone better, I would give it a higher rating.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was talked into trying this out while browsing at Ulta. The sales rep for Pur said all the right things, but that's not what sold me on this product. I bought it because it makes my pores disappear, covers redness without me needing my green primer, and matches my skin perfectly. I couldn't ask for more in a foundation product. This just works for my combo skin. I'm about NC20, and I wear Light. I recommend giving this a try if you're looking for a mineral foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by maddymaddie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive for what you get. I do like the brush and have been using it for other loose powder mineral foundations. Pur minerals made my face dry and cakey looking. After a few hours of wearing it really accentuated any fine lines I had. I also found that I hit the pan quite fast. Not worth the money.