December 22, 2014 | 1732 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Jenyfyr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This is absolutely my HG. I bought a trial package at Shopper's Drug Mart 2 summers ago (came with 4-in-1 foundation, bronzer, mascara, primer, chisel makeup brush - amazing deal for about $50!) and have been in love ever since. I can't even believe the natural looking coverage I get from this foundation. My husband and I were on a cruise a few months ago and met some new friends. We ran into one couple one morning while on our way to get breakfast after a night of far too many drinks. I had applied 1 coat of Impact+ mascara and a very minimal dusting of the 4-in-1. The female new friend literally said "I love how you rock the natural look. You have amazing skin...why do you look so good after all those drinks we had last night?" (lol) I told her I had on Pur Minerals and she was blown away. She actually went online and ordered a trial kit at our next port where she could get wifi, lol. Does not feel like you have anything on your face at all, even with the primer (seriously the most silky stuff ever!), powder, and bronzer or blush. Easily buildable coverage without looking powdery/heavy. Doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin at all. Fan for life. So glad I tried this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by rapsong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I've found so far. I would love to be one of those people who doesn't really need to wear foundation, but alas my skin is a mess. I'm also pretty lazy, so I'm not willing to paint my face on carefully every morning. Pur Minerals is great for me. It has good coverage, it's easy to apply and the color is pretty right on. I wear fair. I tried porcelain first, and it was very pale.

I do think that if you have problem skin (like me) and you're trying to cover that monster up as much as possible, this foundation is going to cake up on you a bit and look quite make-up-ey, but I believe that would happen with any foundation. If you have good skin and can just use a little bit, I think it would be perf and would just even out your complexion while still looking natural.

It doesn't make me break out and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. Also, I find that one compact lasts me a while--probably a couple of months. Overall it's a keeper. Also Pur Minerals has sales every so often that make the price [somewhat] reasonable. Bonus points for the cute, vintage futuristic looking compact. Bravo.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by janes05

This powder is by far, the best powder I have ever used!!
I was skeptical at first, it was my first purchase from this brand, but after seeing it demonstrated on the shopping network in Australia, I decided to give it a go, hoping it would look as good as on TV.
With this powder my skin looks flawless! I use it over a CC cream for everyday use, and over my high end foundations when I'm going out. It's amazing!! And it lasts all day!
I have spent the last month tracking down someone that ships to Australia because I want more ASAP! When I finally did, I bought 6!
I love that's its in a compact too, makes it easy for travelling and carrying in your handbag for touch ups.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

Decent shades, but this made me even more shiny.
I love powder foundations and thought this one may finally be a good match for my skin type.
The shades were pretty good but I have come to find that ALL minerals make my face even oilier.
Doesn't matter what brand it is. They all seem to make me more shiny then I already am...
Hate it.
I do think this would be a good foundation for people who do not have very oily skin like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by julia19ae

My new Holy Grail powder foundation (I don't do liquid.) better than my old origins. Perfect formula. Lightweight, smooth, blendable/workable, stays on, and actually clears my skin up... I've fallen in love with this (I have tried Bareminerals, origins, laura mercier, becca, countless drugstore brands, kat von d, and more) and I'm not going back. Btw- I buy "Light" ("Blush Medium" in the summer)- and it's perfect for my neutral/slightly cool undertones. Just try it and you'll see. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I haven't used this for very long but I wanted to leave a comment about the color match. I'm very fair leaning cool toned. I generally wear the lightest shade in any foundation, but this one is a bit different. The first 2 shades are about the same in terms of lightness/darkness, but Porcelain is more yellow, while Light is pinker. Light is a perfect match for me, with no oxidation issues. The coverage is nice, light/medium, and it doesn't cling to any dry areas. It works well over my liquid/cream concealers. I use a kabuki brush to apply, either ELF or Ecotools and these work fine. My skin is oily, andI do get shiny with this in a couple of hours. I'd like to find a good primer for underneath it, and then it would be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Sum41_hottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never posted a review before but I like this product so much I had to. I have terrible skin (dry patches, excess oil, scabbing, and some acne). I never thought a powder would be able to cover my problem areas but after getting fed up with looking terrible all day with my liquid foundation and heavy concealer I decided to give this a try. Yes, I still need to use my concealer (haven't determined what works best in applying concealer before or after the powder) but the powder evens everything out. Before, my makeup would settle into my fine lines and dry patches. This prevents that from happening. I couldn't be happier and this is the closest thing to magic in my mind. Granted, I've only been using it for about five days but if it ends up being a short lived love I'll update my post. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Tracey9705

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! I have super oily skin and struggle to find a foundation that feels comfortable, provides good coverage and looks good but not too expensive.

I find the coverage very buildable and a thin layer can just even out skin tone or multiple provide total coverage over problem areas. I have oily, acne prone skin and I find this products helps with the shininess and excess oil.

The only drawback to this product for me is if you add too many layers it CAN become cakey if you're not careful...but that may be my excessive oily skin..not sure. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by scute

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love. This gives very good coverage whether I want light or full (depending on which brush I use). I feel this enhances my skin and although I don't recommend sleeping with makeup, I've never had an issue on those occasions when I am too tired or lazy to wash at night : ) Compact is convenient to boot- no messy pouring for me... I like this version much better than the first 4-in-1. Happy I stocked up today at Ulta during BOGO event.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

This is a nice powder. I bought it as a deal on TV and it looks great on. Stays put and doesn't clog my pores. Better coverage I found than Bare Minerals. Also didn't like the pearl sheen to that, whereas Pur Minerals is matte. It looks much more natural.