Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.6

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

This is my everyday foundation that I like because it's really fast and easy to apply. After a couple layers, the coverage is similar to my MAC studio fix powder and lasts all day. The big difference between this and other foundations, both liquid and powder, is that my skin doesn't seem as irritated at the end of the day when I take it off, unlike almost all of the other foundations I've tried. So in that sense, I have noticed an improvement in my skin. The finish is very matte on me and looks flat unless I add a bronzer or blush. It isn't as natural looking as a liquid or cream and it still leaves a powdery finish, but it wears well and offers decent sun protection in my opinion. Ofourse I wear sunscreen underneath, but I feel like this enhances that. Another benefit I find with this product is that I don't need to set it with additional powder which makes my morning routine a lot quicker. I purchased two shades, Light and Golden Medium and I am somewhere in between. I am currently wearing Light because the Golden Medium is a little too pinky orange for my NC25/30 neutral skin tone. I also purchased the recommended chisel brush which I don't care for at all as it's quite scratchy and stiff. I prefer to use a flocked sponge or my Sephora mineral brush #45 instead as it's much softer and around the same price. I usually apply 2 layers with my sponge and it's enough to cover some hyper pigmentation and pores, although it doesn't completely conceal either which is okay because I prefer a natural look for everyday. On a side note, I ordered my products from the pur minerals website which took forever, seriously about a month, because I live in Hawaii and I didn't realize it was being shipped on a boat versus air. Since I didn't know this until after I received my package, I sent two emails asking about the status and never got a reply. So poor customer service on their part and in the future I'll order refills from Ulta.

on 12/30/2014 12:30:00 PM

Actually, this product is paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan, and cruelty-free. Wonderful foundation. VERY nice formula- it has cleared up my skin a little bit, and I really would never expect that from any kind of foundation. No breakouts, irritation, oiliness or dryness whatsoever from this product. The actual coverage is medium with a natural to matte finish. Can be layered for extra coverage. This is my HG foundation powder. I have combination/oily acne-prone skin, and I love the beautiful, natural look and feel this has.

on 12/25/2014 10:59:00 PM

Yep looks nice and covers well...but has parabens in it. Not so pure if you Ask me. It's too bad really.

on 12/19/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This is absolutely my HG. I bought a trial package at Shopper's Drug Mart in the summer (came with 4-in-1 foundation, bronzer, mascara, primer, chisel makeup brush - amazing deal for about $50!) and have been in love ever since. I can't even believe the natural looking coverage I get from this foundation. My husband and I were on a cruise a few months ago and met some new friends. We ran into one couple one morning while on our way to get breakfast after a night of far too many drinks. I had applied 1 coat of Impact+ mascara and a very minimal dusting of the 4-in-1. The female new friend literally said "I love how you rock the natural look. You have amazing skin...why do you look so good after all those drinks we had last night?" (lol) I told her I had on Pur Minerals and she was blown away. She actually went online and ordered a trial kit at our next port where she could get wifi, lol. Does not feel like you have anything on your face at all, even with the primer (seriously the most silky stuff ever!), powder, and bronzer or blush. Easily buildable coverage without looking powdery/heavy. Doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin at all. Fan for life. So glad I tried this stuff!

on 11/29/2014 12:57:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've found so far. I would love to be one of those people who doesn't really need to wear foundation, but alas my skin is a mess. I'm also pretty lazy, so I'm not willing to paint my face on carefully every morning. Pur Minerals is great for me. It has good coverage, it's easy to apply and the color is pretty right on. I wear fair. I tried porcelain first, and it was very pale.

I do think that if you have problem skin (like me) and you're trying to cover that monster up as much as possible, this foundation is going to cake up on you a bit and look quite make-up-ey, but I believe that would happen with any foundation. If you have good skin and can just use a little bit, I think it would be perf and would just even out your complexion while still looking natural.

It doesn't make me break out and it doesn't feel like anything on my skin. Also, I find that one compact lasts me a while--probably a couple of months. Overall it's a keeper. Also Pur Minerals has sales every so often that make the price [somewhat] reasonable. Bonus points for the cute, vintage futuristic looking compact. Bravo.

on 10/7/2014 3:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder is by far, the best powder I have ever used!!
I was skeptical at first, it was my first purchase from this brand, but after seeing it demonstrated on the shopping network in Australia, I decided to give it a go, hoping it would look as good as on TV.
With this powder my skin looks flawless! I use it over a CC cream for everyday use, and over my high end foundations when I'm going out. It's amazing!! And it lasts all day!
I have spent the last month tracking down someone that ships to Australia because I want more ASAP! When I finally did, I bought 6!
I love that's its in a compact too, makes it easy for travelling and carrying in your handbag for touch ups.

on 9/24/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Decent shades, but this made me even more shiny.
I love powder foundations and thought this one may finally be a good match for my skin type.
The shades were pretty good but I have come to find that ALL minerals make my face even oilier.
Doesn't matter what brand it is. They all seem to make me more shiny then I already am...
Hate it.
I do think this would be a good foundation for people who do not have very oily skin like mine.

on 9/23/2014 9:51:00 PM

My new Holy Grail powder foundation (I don't do liquid.) better than my old origins. Perfect formula. Lightweight, smooth, blendable/workable, stays on, and actually clears my skin up... I've fallen in love with this (I have tried Bareminerals, origins, laura mercier, becca, countless drugstore brands, kat von d, and more) and I'm not going back. Btw- I buy "Light" ("Blush Medium" in the summer)- and it's perfect for my neutral/slightly cool undertones. Just try it and you'll see. <3

on 9/19/2014 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I haven't used this for very long but I wanted to leave a comment about the color match. I'm very fair leaning cool toned. I generally wear the lightest shade in any foundation, but this one is a bit different. The first 2 shades are about the same in terms of lightness/darkness, but Porcelain is more yellow, while Light is pinker. Light is a perfect match for me, with no oxidation issues. The coverage is nice, light/medium, and it doesn't cling to any dry areas. It works well over my liquid/cream concealers. I use a kabuki brush to apply, either ELF or Ecotools and these work fine. My skin is oily, andI do get shiny with this in a couple of hours. I'd like to find a good primer for underneath it, and then it would be perfect!

on 9/16/2014 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've never posted a review before but I like this product so much I had to. I have terrible skin (dry patches, excess oil, scabbing, and some acne). I never thought a powder would be able to cover my problem areas but after getting fed up with looking terrible all day with my liquid foundation and heavy concealer I decided to give this a try. Yes, I still need to use my concealer (haven't determined what works best in applying concealer before or after the powder) but the powder evens everything out. Before, my makeup would settle into my fine lines and dry patches. This prevents that from happening. I couldn't be happier and this is the closest thing to magic in my mind. Granted, I've only been using it for about five days but if it ends up being a short lived love I'll update my post. Give it a try!