September 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Powder - Pur Minerals - 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Sum41_hottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've never posted a review before but I like this product so much I had to. I have terrible skin (dry patches, excess oil, scabbing, and some acne). I never thought a powder would be able to cover my problem areas but after getting fed up with looking terrible all day with my liquid foundation and heavy concealer I decided to give this a try. Yes, I still need to use my concealer (haven't determined what works best in applying concealer before or after the powder) but the powder evens everything out. Before, my makeup would settle into my fine lines and dry patches. This prevents that from happening. I couldn't be happier and this is the closest thing to magic in my mind. Granted, I've only been using it for about five days but if it ends up being a short lived love I'll update my post. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Tracey9705

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! I have super oily skin and struggle to find a foundation that feels comfortable, provides good coverage and looks good but not too expensive.

I find the coverage very buildable and a thin layer can just even out skin tone or multiple provide total coverage over problem areas. I have oily, acne prone skin and I find this products helps with the shininess and excess oil.

The only drawback to this product for me is if you add too many layers it CAN become cakey if you're not careful...but that may be my excessive oily skin..not sure. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by scute

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love, love, love. This gives very good coverage whether I want light or full (depending on which brush I use). I feel this enhances my skin and although I don't recommend sleeping with makeup, I've never had an issue on those occasions when I am too tired or lazy to wash at night : ) Compact is convenient to boot- no messy pouring for me... I like this version much better than the first 4-in-1. Happy I stocked up today at Ulta during BOGO event.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

This is a nice powder. I bought it as a deal on TV and it looks great on. Stays put and doesn't clog my pores. Better coverage I found than Bare Minerals. Also didn't like the pearl sheen to that, whereas Pur Minerals is matte. It looks much more natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Cbjosu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know everyone's skin is different, but I think this product is amazing. I never tried the old formula, so I can't compare it to the new one, but I have only positives to note about my experience. I have oily skin that breaks out fairly easily, so when I find a product that improves my complexion, I jump on it. I use concealer and a tiny bit of Tarte's Amazonian Clay foundation, and finally powder foundation. Usually my powder foundation doesn't really do anything but set my makeup and combat shine for a couple of hours. Pur Minerals' 4 in 1 not only controls oil for hours and hours, but it also makes my skin look good. It blurs imperfections, hides hyperpigmentation, and gives my skin an overall softness. I've been using this product for about two months and I haven't noticed any increased breakouts or irritation.

I gave the price four stars because I feel like the amount of product in the compact could be increased to match the cost.

I will be forever restocking this product in my makeup arsenal.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by adavi0140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my go to foundation when I was looking for a quick fix. It is a fairly heavy coverage powder but can look cakey, though it doesn't feel super heavy on the skin. It is more on the expensive side for me, so I don't think I'd buy it again. I've found a liquid foundation with more coverage that can be applied just as quickly(wnw coverall) so I've been using this up to set it. I do like it but because of the price I won't buy it again. However, it is a pretty good powder foundation and I would recommend it to those on not as tight a budget who are looking for one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by mama3ez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bismuth is the ingredient in this product (in most Mineral products, including Bare Minerals) that will cause your skin to break out. I liked the coverage this product offered (at first), until it oxidized on my skin, and caused a weird tingling feeling. It felt like I had a random hair tickling my face all day. Turns out, this was the beginnings of HUGE cystic acne caused by this makeup. I normally do not get cystic acne. I rarely get a pimple or two, but NEVER like this. I washed off the makeup, rinsed out the brush (thinking it was a chemical in the brush) and the brush itself rinsed out a very DARK GRAY! This is after 1 use of the brand new brush that came with the PUR makeup. I was so grossed out. I tried the makeup with a different brush, and my skin had the same reaction. I threw it away.

I have tried other mineral makeup that contains Bismuth, my skin reacts the same. Cystic acne. This is a toxin. I used Bare Minerals for about a year, my skin was the worst it has ever been in my life. I NOW know this is due to the Bismuth in the ingredients. NEVER AGAIN.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I liked that these minerals were pressed but they do not well on my oily skin. They did oxidize and change color. My shade was Light Tan but after an hour, it looked like I had some mud on my face. This is even with a primer. The quality of this product is not as good as even Bare Escentual. It is expensive for no good reason. I would not recommend it-

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 6:08:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I always stayed clear of boron or bismuth mineral products because 1/3 are apparently allergic and my skin is strange and thought I'd be one of the unlucky ones. But I'm not. Hooray!!!

The packaging is handy and convenient. It looks sturdy and would stay intact when I'm on the go. The colour match is pretty good for my neutral medium toned skin (I have Golden Medium). My skin is dehydrated and easily stressed with bumps and congestion if it doesn't agree with whatever I've used (particularly silicone!).

Talc based products stand out on my skin and *all* pressed powders have talc in it. I haven't had a pressed powder for years until I came across Nars pressed silica but that is small and expensive. Plus it doesn't do a great job at being a touch-up. I am aware it's meant to be a HD powder and that's not realllly their job.

It's easy to apply. I use my Sephora powder brush and set with Mario Badescu rose water spray on top of my Dusty Girl's BB Cream or other tinted cream. I used to used Nude By Nature which I still realllly like except its a loose powder, hard (too big) to transport and to get a good match without looking too washed out or cakey. I haven't used this as a full-coverage foundation but could definitely see its worth if I need to duck to the shops or something and want a little something on.

I saw that it has retinol in it which makes you more sensitive to sun damage however I highly doubt it's strong enough to really do anything (as I imagine all that stuff that is actually super effective would be regulated and available only as a prescription). I'd be happy if it were a milder as prescription retinol tho! Prescription retinol did make me more sensitive and gave me a sunspot.

No irritation, lasts for most of the day, looks a tad dewy and natural which I like. Good coverage and evens out skin tone well. Turns out my mum uses it too and she has for years. She keeps repurchasing and it turns out we are also the same colour - I wouldn't say we are but I guess that means the shade adapts to you and your preference.

I bought this on TVSN in Australia in their BOGO sale so $50AUD for 2 is a pretty good price! Not sure I'd buy one at $50 tho...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by madneccy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like Pur Minerals product line. However, when I tried their iconic 4in1 pressed mineral foundation I found it to be average and lacking in some departments. First of all its a bit expensive for a powder foundation. Any powdered product on the healthier side of ingredients tends to have less coverage because its not full of colour fillers or talc like the drugstore versions. However, I think this needs more coverage to be considered a foundation. The colours are pretty universal and I think they are good in that department but I don't like the dull finish. Also, for something that looks very matte after its applied I dont like that I become oily even with this on pretty soon. My Rimmel Stay Matte gives me a more luminous finish and definitely keeps me matte longer than this little powder. All in all, I dont find anything special about this aside from the convenient SPF 15 for touch ups on the go. I say save your money for a better performing product or buy their primers, because pur minerals performs much better in that department!