Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup (new formula)

3.6

Mica, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Silicate, Sodium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mannitol, Sodium Gluconate, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract, Dextrin, Ferulic Acid, L-Lactic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Silica, Thioctic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Ceramide 6 II, Magnolia Officinalis Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera/Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Lecithin, Maltodextrin, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Skin, Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, L-Glutathione, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Hydrated Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aqua, Glucosamine HCI, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris Leaf/Stem Extract, Magnesium Carbonate, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarine (CI 77007)

on 8/27/2015 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I bought a set that contained this foundation, primer, mineral glow, chisel brush and mascara. At first time using this I liked it but the second time it was difficult to get hardly any product to my brush. The product is so hard. Also packaging is bad, the pan is not glued well. Very expensive for the quality.

I wasn't impressed when I tried Bare Minerals powder foundation. The coverage was just not all that for me. This stuff, however, is the bomb. I was not prepared to like this as much as I did. It has reached HG status. I never thought I'd say that about a mineral makeup.

The texture is beautiful, very fine-milled and goes on like a dream. The coverage is fantastic. I'd say it's medium coverage buy itself (with a primer, of course) and full coverage over a liquid foundation. I like to apply this with a flat topped brush. It blends in to the skin so nicely and doesn't oxidize throughout the day.

I almost always use this as a setting powder over the Pur CC cream. Let me tell ya, combined they look AMAZING. Full coverage, no blemishes, yet it feels like I'm wearing no makeup. There is no caking and the finish is a natural demi-matte look. It is so difficult to achieve full coverage without looking like a cake face, but with these two products I can totally achieve that. It actually works beautifully over any foundation, though!!

I like how this controls my oil as well. I rarely get shiny or have to blot during the day. It just stays where I put it, and that is impressive.

It's not cheap, but guys, it's so worth the money. And the best part is, it doesn't cause breakouts! If you haven't tried this yet, you need to. You'll never need to use anything else.

on 8/22/2015 8:20:00 AM

I really like this foundation! I have it in the lightest shade, porcelain. Many brands' lightest shade is still too dark for me, but this really fits my fair complexion.
The coverage is medium, it has enough coverage to even out my skin tone and hide mild redness and blemishes.
It looks very natural and blends into the skin nicely. I prefer to apply it with a flat top brush, but I've also tried a kabuki brush and it works well too.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Applied ontop of a sheer foundation, this will look like full coverage (the good kind.) Doesn't make you look like a dry pancake, yet maintains a "believable" matte finish (though on someone more oily like myself, it gives a sort of dewy look.) Was concerned that this product would be mineral hype garbage, but it has very much impressed me. Doesn't come with an applicator pad for when you're on the go, but it holds well and I personally have not needed any re-application (just lightly blot away excess oil after a few hours.)

The Porcelain swatch seems to be for cool skin types because when applied my face and in the sun, it seems to be a pinkish orange hue. Be sure to get matched carefully and not in a rush.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. I have only once before tried a mineral foundation and the coverage was laughable. I have oily, blemish-prone skin and require full coverage every day. This 4-in-1 compact actually gives great coverage and is super easy to apply.
My first tip is ALWAYS use primer. Especially, if you have large pores as this will make them look like gaping holes otherwise. Next, I still apply concealer to my undereyes and t-zone as I prefer that bit of extra coverage, but it wouldn't be necessary for most people, I'm sure. Then apply pur-minerals with a brush- it blends so easy, no streaking or lines, just a smooth even application across the skin. If you have a blemish you need a bit more coverage on, take a small concealer brush and rub it in the compact, then dab onto the spot on the skin.
I am very pale (always the lightest shade) and purchased the light on the recommendation of others who said it had more of a pink undertone than porcelain. If you are pale, don't make my mistake- go for the porcelain! The light is definitely too dark and slightly yellow for my skintone.
If I have a special occassion, I would still prefer to use liquid foundation and powder over it, but pur minerals is fantastic for a daily foundation to wear to work and isn't doing as much damage to my skin.
It has decent lasting power, but with my oily skin I do need to touch up in the afternoon as I get very shiny, but the compact is perfect to keep in the handbag and it touches up very well- doesn't rub off the bottom layers or cake up, just cuts the shine!
I would definitely recommend this foundation.

on 6/24/2015 6:27:00 PM

So...Ive been using this for awhile and its pretty great...but something about it makes me not want to reach for it on the daily. I have this in porcelain and the coverage actually amazes me-in my experience powders in the fairest shades usually give little to no coverage or make you look like a ghost. I find I can actually use this all over as a light foundation and then go over trouble areas with a concealer brush for pretty much full freaking coverage. However, although I do find this looks natural when used correctly (and btw the chisel brush buffs this in really well but sucks in terms of shedding and scatching so any other brush will do) its maybe a little too matte and flat for my liking and I generally find myself reaching for other lighter (and quite frankly cheaper) powders for all over the face and using a bit of this stuff as concealer just to use it up and avoid using liquid concealers for that particular day. Maybe if this had a little shimmer or somethin somethin I may want to use it more often-but this is definitely a great no nonsense powder foundation for someone that needs medium or even full coverage. And in my experience it holds up well to sunscreen, sweat, oil, you name it. I even swam with this on and it still hid some imperfections.

This is my everyday foundation that I like because it's really fast and easy to apply. After a couple layers, the coverage is similar to my MAC studio fix powder and lasts all day. The big difference between this and other foundations, both liquid and powder, is that my skin doesn't seem as irritated at the end of the day when I take it off, unlike almost all of the other foundations I've tried. So in that sense, I have noticed an improvement in my skin. The finish is very matte on me and looks flat unless I add a bronzer or blush. It isn't as natural looking as a liquid or cream and it still leaves a powdery finish, but it wears well and offers decent sun protection in my opinion. Ofourse I wear sunscreen underneath, but I feel like this enhances that. Another benefit I find with this product is that I don't need to set it with additional powder which makes my morning routine a lot quicker. I purchased two shades, Light and Golden Medium and I am somewhere in between. I am currently wearing Light because the Golden Medium is a little too pinky orange for my NC25/30 neutral skin tone. I also purchased the recommended chisel brush which I don't care for at all as it's quite scratchy and stiff. I prefer to use a flocked sponge or my Sephora mineral brush #45 instead as it's much softer and around the same price. I usually apply 2 layers with my sponge and it's enough to cover some hyper pigmentation and pores, although it doesn't completely conceal either which is okay because I prefer a natural look for everyday. On a side note, I ordered my products from the pur minerals website which took forever, seriously about a month, because I live in Hawaii and I didn't realize it was being shipped on a boat versus air. Since I didn't know this until after I received my package, I sent two emails asking about the status and never got a reply. So poor customer service on their part and in the future I'll order refills from Ulta.

on 12/30/2014 12:30:00 PM

This product is paraben-free, gluten-free, vegan, and cruelty-free. Wonderful foundation. VERY nice formula- it has cleared up my skin a little bit, and I really would never expect that from any kind of foundation. No breakouts, irritation, oiliness or dryness. The actual coverage is medium with a matte finish. Can be layered for extra coverage. This is my HG foundation powder. I have combination/oily acne-prone skin, and I love the beautiful, natural look and feel this has.

on 12/25/2014 10:59:00 PM

Yep looks nice and covers well...but has parabens in it. Not so pure if you Ask me. It's too bad really.

on 12/19/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. This is absolutely my HG. I bought a trial package at Shopper's Drug Mart in the summer (came with 4-in-1 foundation, bronzer, mascara, primer, chisel makeup brush - amazing deal for about $50!) and have been in love ever since. I can't even believe the natural looking coverage I get from this foundation. My husband and I were on a cruise a few months ago and met some new friends. We ran into one couple one morning while on our way to get breakfast after a night of far too many drinks. I had applied 1 coat of Impact+ mascara and a very minimal dusting of the 4-in-1. The female new friend literally said "I love how you rock the natural look. You have amazing skin...why do you look so good after all those drinks we had last night?" (lol) I told her I had on Pur Minerals and she was blown away. She actually went online and ordered a trial kit at our next port where she could get wifi, lol. Does not feel like you have anything on your face at all, even with the primer (seriously the most silky stuff ever!), powder, and bronzer or blush. Easily buildable coverage without looking powdery/heavy. Doesn't irritate my super sensitive skin at all. Fan for life. So glad I tried this stuff!