July 25, 2014 | 971 users online

Polishes - OPI - Don't Pretzel My Buttons

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had resisted buying this for some time, because it can be so extremely hard to find a neutral that works with my pale, cool-toned complexion. Many are too pink or too yellow, not to mention too light or too dark. I bought this after seeing it in person at the shop, and, happily, it works very well for me. It's the first opaque neutral I've found that actually gives me attractive, chic mannequin hands. So many opaque nudes give me corpse hands, or look nice but aren't really that "neutral" on me, but this is a very pretty beige that leans ever-so-slightly toward the pink (in some lights, I think it might actually lean very slightly to the lavender, but only slightly), and, happily, it looks really nice and pretty on me.

Application is good, nice and smooth, and if wearing this as a base colour "undies" layer, one coat is sufficient. It's not streaky or patchy, but to get really perfect coverage, I think most people are going to need two coats, though, especially if wearing this as an actual manicure rather than just a base for glitters or special effects top coats, etc.

Really pleased with this purchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by swirlingblacklily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect opaque pinky beige that doesn't look chalky against my (NC43) skin. I've bought a other colors (RBL Grunge and Jane, OPI Tickle My France-y...) in this color family, and this was the first polish to give me the clean, chic effect I wanted.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lynn7551

Looks too much like foundation on my nails. I have Tickle My France-y as well and it is a much more natural looking nude on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Parisa909

Out of all of the nude nail polishes I own, DPMB, my most recent acquisition, is the most 'brownest' nude. When I compare it to my favourite, OPI 'Samoan Sand', I can see that SS is more of beige-peach nude, and DPMB is a brown-nude. Nevertheless, I really like it. The application is excellent, it's one of the most opaque nudes I've tried, being completely opaque in 2 coats with no dragging or bubbling issues thanks to the wide brush. I feel that it doesn't clash with my NC25 skintone nor does it make me look sallow. It's just a lovely, inoffensive nude shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/25/2013 11:38:00 PM More reviews by jmcmill475

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This doesn't look at pink as the picture on my warm (very light) skin tone. It is a nude and is great for work when I have to be more conservative. Other than that, it is not that different or special.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

this is exactly the colour of my skin and I would class it as the perfect french manicure beige for those who find most sheer french manicure type shades too rosy. It is still slightly sheer after 3 coats on me but I find it ends up bubbling with 3 coats so stick to just two to get a more even finish. Pretty, universal polish for yellow skin tones but nothing totally unique in anyway. Do not recommend for those who are cool toned as you will not like this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by AmyMendoza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this beige neutral! The wide brush is the best!! 3 strokes & the mani is perfect! This is a 2 coater & the wear was one of the best! If I'm careful & reapply a top coat everyday I can get this polish to last 4 or 5 days.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by stls

I was looking for an opaque not too peachy nude and bought Don't Pretzel My Buttons, I'm so - so about it, really.

Haven't much to say about the formula, application, brush, packaging. Standard OPI, always perfect.

I'm still not sure if I like the color, though. It's a quite pale, WARM nude. I have fair skin, mostly neutral but with slight warm undertones (nowhere near as yellow as MAC NCs, though)

Don't Pretzel My Buttons has it's moments, manages to make my hands look very elegant or corpse-like according to the light. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2013 10:48:00 AM More reviews by MissJacqui85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great consistency.... colour is a little more pink based then Samoan sand (not greatly noticeable, but when compared side by side) .... so it would come down to skin tone on this one in regards to preference.... I would say this is a little brighter than samoan sand.... but samoan sand is more opaque even with one coat. This is in my experience. I love both colours though. I am tanned,olive skin toned- so I would say I lean towards Samoan sand... but I received compliments with both these colours. This colour makes me think of a ballerina.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Brightji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite nude! Just wanted to say that kat7inka's review was wrong, as the polish is not thick or clumpy, she simply had bought an old/dried out bottle of it and should use a thinner. The consistency of it is light, not too runny, easy to work with. Requires 2 (occasionally 3) coats. It is perfect for warm skin tones and I cannot compliment it enough. Best nude ever :)
I take one star off for not lasting long on the nails.