April 18, 2014 | 917 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pure Zen

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 5:20:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was so happy when MAC expanded on the Creamsheen formula! Its one of my favorite finishes. Great pigment, super creamy lipstick with good staying power. Pure Zen is one of my favorites of the new expansion, and just one of my favorite nudes in general. Pure Zen is the perfect peachy pink nude that doesn't wash me out, or make my lips disappear. I hate the concealer nude look, I want a soft, natural nude lip and this shade delivers! When I worked I MAC I tried this on a variety of skin colors from very light to very dark. Due to this being semi-sheer and allowing your natural lip color to show though, it looks good on a lot of people. More so on those with cooler skin tones than warm. I feel like the pinky in it if you already have pinker skin, may be too close to your skin and wash you out. Again, this is just my opinion, but it seems to work better on people with olive, yellow or neutral under tones. I like to pair it with Stauchly Stylish lip liner and Ample Pink plushglass for a beautiful, everyday nude lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

love it! I'm also a NC15 with green eyes and this looks natural and beautiful! I top it off with big baby lipgloss for a stunning look! love this peachy nude color...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by ebabyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Went into the Mac store knowing I wanted a peachy nude color.. But didn't know which one! I tried on SO many and felt this one was the perfect mixture of peachy pink and nude. For anyone looking for something along those lines.. I really do recommend this! I think this is a lipstick you can't go wrong with. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shade in an imperfect formula.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Given my love for nude lipsticks, I had to pick this one up for my collection. The formula of Pure Zen is fabulous. This is a nice peachy nude & suits my NC40 skintone nicely. The color payoff is fantastic and it's perfect to pair with a smokey eye. While the color isn't really unique, it's definitely one I'm glad to have.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by ghdaddict

Finally found the best nudey-pink lipstick shade. It is pigmented enough to cover my very red lips, but without making me look like I have no colour at all. Beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by snowbear64

I thought that this lipstick from mac would be the perfect nude for my skin tone. It is a crème sheen formula and it was my first purchase from mac along with relentlessly red. The sales associate at mac told me that Pure Zen would look good on me because it has a warmer tone and would not wash me out and "erase" my lips. I didn't try it on at the mac shop but I just trusted the lady. It is a nice nude color, don't get me wrong. But I don't think that I like the crème sheen formula. That is what it comes down to. It settles weird on my lips and the color bunches up. But the color is definitely a beautiful shade. I like it, but I don't think I will re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by Devildog4025

I bought this is when it was part of the Marilyn Monroe collection only because I liked the packaging... and it seemed to be the only color of that collection that I really liked. "Pl!nk" is normally my HG of MAC lipsticks... I use it everyday. Pure Zen is very pretty- a soft, opaque, nude peach. But I do feel it dries my lips a bit. But I really like the color! I just have to make sure i have my chapstick with me. I don't feel it lasts as long as other shades, but the color is so great I will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from back to MAC and I really didn't know which one i wanted I initially really wanted this but I thought it was too peachy but the I saw lauren beauty off YouTube use it and I fell in love and I was not disappointed its a peachy/pink nude very natural colour something you would see on lana del rey it's a cremesheen so the formula is amazing its a very easy nude and I love it for everyday

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by kwill89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS! I'm NC15, fair with warm tones, and nude lipsticks are always a no-no for me because they usually look terrible on me. I always wear pinks, peaches or reds. I love how moisturizing this is AND how even though it's a "nude" it pulls a bit of peach. Just gorgeous. It's a natural looking lipstick that's very beautiful. Pale girls can wear this too!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No