MAC Cremesheen Lipstick - Pure Zen

4.5

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The cremesheen formulation of this lipstick goes on velvety smooth and is extremely hydrating, but the color is very sheer. On my pale skin if I wear it alone, it barely even shows up, but l like to wear it over MAC's Coral Bliss or my Too Faced longwear lipstick in Melted Peony. It is a lipstick, but wears and feels very much like a gloss.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely peach nude. I wear this w the Carli Bybel BH Cosmetics palette. Looks gr8 w neutral e/s medium makeup but it can rock out a grey smoky eye too so very versatile! I love tan/peachy nudes, I am a neutral NC15 in winter at least, so yes fairly pale girls can wear this but I can also see it being beautiful on WOC too & I love Cremesheen formula. I'm kind of not liking the Mattes coz they are so drying yet Cremesheen is moisturizing & has that easy slip that makes your lips feel comfortable. I use MAC Stripdown l/l w this. I hafta say I'm kinda obsessed w MAC, it's my fave lipsticks 4 sure & it's what I mostly wear, amongst other products such a gr8 line. I love the simple elegant futuristic lipstick bullets also functional but when they gonna stop selling in China/stop animal testing. I do not like that part of the brand. ;/ but I love this lipstick soooo-o good I admit nudes are my fave but this 1 is special <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I've been wearing MAC Myth for about 6 years but I have been looking for something a little more natural. Also as much as I love matte finish lipsticks I do find them quite drying. When I went into MAC I was served by literally the most helpful girl ever- I can't thank her enough! Anyway, she suggested I try Pure Zen and I was instantly put off when I saw it was a cremesheen finish because i hate the way anything shiny/sparkly looks on my lips, but I literally fell in love! It is such a subtle colour but it makes my lips look amazing! I have quite dark lips but this just made them look perfect. She also recommended using Oak liner for more dimension and it looks incredible! I'm so happy with my purchases I think this will be my new HG lipstick!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a fan of MAC lip products. I think their lipstick formulas and lip liners are really good. Pure Zen is a great pinky nude shade. The color is very subtle so for some it's not worth paying the $16 because it's so sheer but I traded in empties for mine and I don't regret it. It's a great everyday hue and I love doing a dramatic eye and using this on my lips. It gives lips a natural, very natural pinky tone.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've recently become obsessed with Mac lipsticks. This was my first nude color, as I usually wear pinkish colors. I love the cremesheen formula. It's fairly moisturizing and has good staying power. I absolutely LOVE pure zen. I am Caucasian with a medium complexion. It is perfect with a slightly darker lip liner.

This is a definite nude shade that can really wash you out if you are medium skin toned or darker. I saw Lauren Curtis use this shade and it's her favorite and I figured it might work for me. I think I have more pigmented lips though, and this lipstick does give a really pale nude look. I do love the formula, it reminds me of some other cremesheens i love (peach blossom, coral bliss). Its semi-sheer, and looks great as a nude on fair or light skin tone. I'm NC 25-30 and this BARELY works on me, i have to use a lip liner, but it's still really pretty.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful nude for my light olive skin. I'm picky with nudes as they can really wash my out but this and Angel are definitely my go tos.

I have been very impressed with MACs Creme Sheens. They are pigmented, moisturizing (on me) and long lasting. I have not found a lot of nudes that look nice on my skin tone and pigmented lips. (I am NC 20 with slightly yellow undertones and my lips are a darkish, brownish pink) Most nudes that I have tried wash me out and are too cool, leaving me looking sick. Some also look cakey on my lips and fake if they have enough pigment to cancel out the darkness of my lips. I have found some that are warm and peachy, but too dark to be a true nude. But Pure Zen is perfect.

It is warm and peachy, so it does not wash me out. It is pigmented enough to cancel out the darkness of my lips and is a true nude. However it is sheer enough that it doesn't look cakey or fake and it has a natural looking sheen.

This lipstick works extremely well for me and is worth a try if you are having trouble finding a nice, natural looking nude.

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a seasonal nude. As soon as Summer changed me to a Nc30-35 I fell in love with this color. It's luxurious on and has just the right amount of creamy shine. Wish it lasted longer on lips. Wasn't crazy with this on my nc20-25 skin but I'm glad I waited it out. I keep reaching for it over others.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Nice color, peachy nude, perfect for summer, tanned skin tones. However, I dislike the formula.

Recommended for Medium Skin