October 23, 2014 | 1428 users online

Cleansers - Skin79 - BB Cleanser

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would recommend this cleanser conditionally to people who have pretty good skin and aren't sensitive/easily irritated. This cleanser claims to be a deep cleanser (A+) and deliver deep moisture (F), so that's what I based my rating on.

The things it delivers:
- It really takes off all of your SS, BB cream/foundation.
- Washes off easily and cleanly.
- The foamy/bubbly gimmicky product is fun to use. It's very easy to get your face clean, you don't have to massage your face a lot like you do with oil based cleansers. You just put it on and watch it foam. Fun!
- Skin feels nice and soft after using product.
- The price is fair,and SKIN79 generally makes good products.

It fails miserably at:
- Moisturising. This stripped my skin the first time I used it, and by the second day there were raw patches on places where I had breakouts. It hurt to wash my face that night.
- This is not for sensitive skin. While it does not sting/hurt while it's on the face, it definitely leaves sensitive skin raw and very tight afterwards.
- I've been using my extremely oily facial salve since the day I tried this product and my face is still very red, sore and blotchy. This is NOT a low-irritation product, no matter what SKIN79 claims.

If you have generally robust and healthy skin and use BB cream/SS, you might want to give this product a whirl to see if you like it, since it's definitely good at cleansing and easy to use. Give it a pass if your skin is finicky or dry. I'm glad I just had samples of this product, there's no way I could even use this sporadically.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by BriddaBella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since I have was quite impressed with my Skin79 Hot Pink and VIP Gold BB Creams, I thought I could give this cleanser a try.

You are supposed to apply it on your face and wait for around a minute until the cleansing gel turns into foam on your face. However I didn't find that it cleansed my face properly. I'm not really impressed with it and I think there are better and cheaper alternatives out there.

Not great and not worth the money

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 2:37:00 AM More reviews by jinxd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I only tried this because I was sent a sample with my BB cream. I usually use straight grapeseed oil followed by Eucerin Gentle Hydrating cleanser on my sensitive, combo/dehydrated skin and have been happy with that. This would have been perfect for me years ago when my skin was oily and not so sensitive but I found it too drying and it left my skin irritated.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Does it take off the makeup? Yes. Does it dry my skin out? No. Did it break me out? No. Will I buy it again? No. Why? Because this smells. It smells like old lady face cleanser and I hate it. I wish it were scent-free or perhaps a minty-smell. When I take off my makeup at the end of the night I want to feel as natural as possible, not killed with perfume. I ended giving it to my Mom (she loved it LOL), I'm not giving up on Skin79 cleansers since I love their BB creams so much.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by historian12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this product just because I thought it looked rather fun. First it does do a very good job removing BB cream. It comes out of the can as a whitish gel and you spread on your face. It then turns into a creamy foam, sort of like shaving cream. You can feel the bubbles tingling on your skin. Then you work it into the skin and rinse off. It does leave my skin nice and soft and hasn't caused any breakouts.

There are two reasons I wouldn't buy it again. You can't use it in your eye area--it says specifically not to on the box, so if you have eye makeup on, you'll need a separate eye makeup remover. I prefer a one step product. Second, the can tends to leak, which wastes product. Still, it was fun to try, and if you don't mind having to use a second product to remove your eye makeup, you might want to give it a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by runswthscissors

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this to go with the Super+ BB Cream Gold Label since people said it can clog your pores if it's not REALLY cleaned off each day. This cleanser has a nice light fragrance, I don't care for fragranced things but it's way at the bottom of the ingredient list and not offensive. From the other reviews and the product description I expected more bubbles. It does foam lightly but really just seems to rub in. I am used to sulfate free products so the lack of bubbles doesn't bother me one bit because it really does a nice job of getting all traces of makeup off in one try. I use white washcloths and after the first swipe, no more makeup appears on the cloth. I tone afterwards also and no makeup appears on the cotton ball either. After some research though, I think I can find similar cleansers at a lower price. I'll continue to use it up as long as it doesn't break me out.
*EDIT* 3/14/13 My skin got really dry after using this for over a month so I switched to something else for a while. I might go back to it just as a makeup remover and then cleanse with something else afterwards and see how that works.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by shizia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this to use as a daily morning cleanser and I must admit I don't regret this purchase.

I know it's supposed to be used as a make-up cleanser too, but I chose not to try it on make up. This review is based on my daily morning application.

I've been using it since 22/08/2012. I noticed that my skin looks brighter and also I'm not experiencing as many breakouts as before. The product itself hasn't caused me any irritation so far. It always leaves my skin fresh and clean. I apply my Olay moisturizer after and I'm ready for makeup!

I'm a big fan of Korean cosmetics and I really recommend this one. It is definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:54:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

UPDATEn 13 Jan. 2014: this is one of the rare cleansers which actually improved my skin. I have tried several cleansers after this one: Shu Uemura Ultm8 cleansing oil, L'oreal Cleansing Oil, TonyMoly O2 BubbleFoam. I noticed my skin getting in worse condition. Then I switched to the Skin79 Bubble Cleanser again and began seeing improvement within a week. I dislike the packaging, but if this is the only cleanser that will keep my skin really clean, I might buy it again - it cleans the skin very deeply.
At first I just didn't want to believe that something could actually 'lift' the makeup off my face, especially the waterproof one, but this cleanser really does take everything off! :D At the same time, this doesn't dry out my dry sensitive skin and doesn't break me out. This DOES sting badly if you get this in the eyes. If you want to wash your eye makeup off with this, just keep your eyes shut for the whole time of cleansing till you rinse it off - it doesn't dry out the eye area.
One more thing that annoys me a little is how big the bottle is - not very travel friendly, but, at least a vacuum pump one. Also: all foaming cleansers like this WILL leak a little bit - they react to water by foaming up and coming out of the nozzle. At this cleanser has a cap, so if a little leaks, the cap will protect it from getting on everything around.
I generally don't like to purchase products I haven't seen any reviews for, but I decided to take a chance. I have used this cleanser for 3 months now and purchased 2 more bottles. Right now I use the BB Cleanser and then a mild face wash, just because I'm a little OCD when it comes to getting all of my makeup off at night, but it's also because I use foundation, bronzer, blush, brow powder, eyeshadow and mascara every day. As said, this takes EVERYTHING off :)
I bought my BB Clenser from Ebay. There are a lot of Korean sellers that sell this for as little as $11. One bottle of this will last me about 3,5-4 month, I think.
The next thing like this I will be Tonymoly's UV Sunset BB Cleansing Foam - I've heard it's good too :]