November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Meteorites Perles Teint Beige

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I managed to justify the need to buy a range of the Meteorites products and don't regret it as these tins will last eons, and they really are that something extra special to own and not identical to finishing powders like the Hourglass Ambient range or Nars Light Reflecting.

They give a barely visible shimmer but make skin look healthy, glowy and fresh. The hardest decision is which ones to pick?

I am NC15 - probably a little more fair in the winter time, and have a definite yellow under-tone, I thought Meteorites in Beige would be best suited to me but actually find Teint Rose better suited to my fair skin and gives me a little more glow.

Teint Beige is better suited to me in the summer months as even though they look "colourless" when applied, I actually find these oxidise a little on me and darken a little as the day goes on. They are great to give a too fair winter foundation a little deeper colour for the summer months.

I have just discovered that my Jane Iredale Handi Brush is perfect for applying these and also enjoy using the ELF flat top Powder brush to really buff them into the skin. The only reason I have not opted to buy these again is I seem to enjoy the Teint Rose ones more - however when it comes to make-up never say never :)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2014 4:47:00 AM More reviews by kandy33

TERRIBLE! I wanted to love these Meteorites so much. I decided to buy them based on the reviews here and initially my skin looked really lovely with this powder. Then I had a horrible allergic reaction. Within 2 hours of this powder on my face, my skin started to break out in a red, very painful, raised rash. It spread all along and under my jaw, across my cheeks, cheekbone and above my upper lip.
I don't usually have sensitive skin so I was really shocked to have such a pronounced reaction to a quality product. I have used other powders without incident. Obviously most people who have tried the Meteorites perles have not had the same reaction as me, but I will never use this product again, it was just awful : (

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jennylovesjohnny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I say this to everyone I know, especially every male that is clueless about makeup: this is the perfect gift for a girl/woman that has everything. They are luxury in a tin. The tiny pearls look decadent in the unique packaging, and they make you feel special when you apply them. Call it a placebo effect, I don't care... but I love to use these all over the centre parts of my face, on top of my powdered foundation (before I apply bronzer), and I feel that my skin looks just that little bit more special.

I also have the Teint Dore, but I feel that the Teint Beige balls are more illuminating - if that is what you are looking for.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this for about $48 on fragrance.net. The package was smaller than I thought it would be.

SAs try to put me in Rose (which I also bought), but MUAers suggested Beige.

This is nice, but subtle. I used it all over my face on top of foundation. I was immediately disappointed, because I didn't see anything, but when I got in the car and looked in the rearview mirror my face did look airbrushed.

It's very subtle, so I can see why people would complain. But it's like when I got a $240 cut/color and thought what a waste since it didn't look like "wow", but when I went to work all the guys said how great and glamorous it looked.

This is like that...subtly and naturally flattering.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by zaynaz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I finally caved in and bought this, even though it is $70 Australian. The lady at the Guerlain counter insisted Teint Beige was the best colour for my skin tone (I'd have picked Rose otherwise), and I was only expecting it to work as a nice finishing powder. This does so much more than a finishing powder.
It really is like skin Photoshop. I applied it over my cheap, poorly matched foundation and it honestly surprised me how good my skin looked. All the redness, hyper-pigmentation and general dullness of my skin was erased, and, whilst you can't really see the powder on your face it leaves behind a glow that my foundation alone doesn't. I kept being surprised by how good I looked every time I caught sight of myself in a mirror. And the effect appears in photos too, I can tell from my holiday photos which days I wore this and which days I didn't. Furthermore it noticeably extended the wear of my foundation on a humid 30C day which I spent mostly outside at the zoo. My skin is very oily and normally if I've put foundation on at 10AM it's a greasy mess by 3PM but with this the grease was kept at bay a good four hours longer and in the end it looked more luminous and intentional than slick or oily.

I'd originally bought the (slightly cheaper) Hourglass Ambient Light Powder to achieve the effect the Meteorites gave and, whilst that is still a good product, this blows it out of the water. The Meteorites are very strongly violet scented (they look and smell like those little violet ball lollies) and I think the way you apply these makes a difference. The woman at the Guerlain counter showed me how to apply these (and talked me into a $51 brush that broke)- really blend them into your face with a relatively stiff brush, don't just lightly dust them on. This technique improved the look of the Hourglass powder as well, but the Meteorites were still superior. I highly, highly recommend this product, despite the high cost. It really works, above and beyond my expectations, and one box will probably last forever. Plus the box itself is luxe and gorgeous.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summery: I purchased this to use as a highlighter because I was too late in purchasing the Poudre Signe De Chanel. The packaging is quite nice, though not very hefty, I do enjoy the attention Guerlain put into detail of the tin to hold the pearls. They have the signature Guerlain scent, which is quite strong, but fortunately it wears off on the skin quickly so it doesn't give headaches. Unlike many of the reviews that I read about this product before I purchased it, I do not see a "HD effect glow" on my skin. In fact, I think this suits most as a finishing powder simply to keep the liquid foundation in place, rather than giving an illuminating glow. However, I'm not saying the product is bad. I'm on the fence whether I'd repurchase this product, but given the amount of product, I have quite a long time before I run out and need to make a decision.

Pros: Generous amount (will last a long time), beautiful tin, finely milled powder

Cons: not travel friendly

Overall Verdict: Good product, not a must have, but great for a collector's item. Not sure if I'd repurchase, but I don't regret purchasing it.

P.S. The shade, teint beige, is too dark on my medium colored skin to be used as a highlighter. The pigmentation is very sheer, so don't expect to get any coverage from this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by linachu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I adore this. The packaging is gorgeous, it smells gorgeous, it looks gorgeous in the tin and applied gorgeously to the skin.
Applied with a big fluffy powder brush it leaves a light layer on the skin creating a matte but light reflecting sheen to the skin. It's beautiful. As a highlighter it is very minimal, two layers may be needed. This is great however if you like very minimal highlighting on the cheek bones. However this is an all over face powder that gives a beautiful finish to the skin.
It cost $115AUD but I got it for half the price online. I am about to purchase the teint rose because I love this so much.
It is not something you need because of the price, but it will last you forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by gandangnatural

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I've been eyeing this product for a long time, but due to the price tag I was a bit adamant. but thanks to my super sweet bf he bought it for me :) Im so happy I have this is my makeup kit. It helps in holding my makeup in place, gives my face a healthy glow and slightly controls oil. I transferred mine in a small container so I can bring it with me everyday. i just took a few 'balls' and use it as my everyday powder. love love love this! I will definitely repurchase once Im out.. but I think that wont be anytime soon, this baby will last me ages :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a lovely finishing powder (not a setting powder) that gives a lovely, very subtle glow that looks natural. Guerlain describes it as an illuminating powder to brighten and even out skintone, which is the reason it is placed in the highlighter category. The container (which apparently was revamped in 2010 together with a reformulation of the product) is metallic and the pearls are held in place with a latex sponge. I use this mostly on the cheeks for a lovely radiance. It does not settle into pores. As is described in other reviews for the meteorites this comes in 3 colours (rosé, beige and doré) to correct for different skintones. You simply swirl your brush (powder or cheek product brush) over the pearls and apply to your face. Temptalia has excellent reviews for all three colours available on her website. The Beige is composed to bring life and warmth to beige skin which can tend to look dull. Bear in mind though that the product is transparent and does not give colour as such. I love this product and it is one of my staples.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No