October 21, 2014 | 1991 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Acne Clarifying Collection

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 12:32:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I received the Clarisonic Mia for Christmas, and I exchanged it for the Acne Clarifying Collection. (Honestly, I could not decide between my two favorite colors, pastel green and white, so I wanted this one because the brush is green and white. Awful, I know. But I do have acne-prone skin!) The Mia 2 itself is a great product. It makes me feel so much cleaner than just washing my face with my hands. Personally, I use the 20 second T-timer on my cheeks rather than my chin and forehead as instructed. Most of my acne is on my cheeks, so I rather use the Clarisonic longer on them rather than my chin and forehead. I use the Clarisonic in the shower, and follow up with toner and moisturizer after I finish.

I haven't used the acne wash enough to see a difference, but I tend to use my regular acne treatment instead, which is the Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub. The brush head seems very similar to the sensitive brush head, which I got as a gift as well. Perhaps getting the regular Mia 2 Clarisonic would be the same thing, but I do like the look of the Clarisonic brush that comes with the Acne Clarifying collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by juicy70

I bought the Acne Clarifying collection on Amazon for the same price that they were charging for just the Mia 2 elsewhere (Ulta, etc) I paid 130$ including shipping. I wanted the Acne brush head and the Acne cleanser so it worked out very well for me price-wise. I also bought a Clarisonic barrel bag for just 6.99$ as an 'add-on' item so the shipping was also included for this. There is also a coupon for 25$ in free products from the Clarisonic website if you purchase 50$ worth, if you register your unit (all the brush heads and cleansers/serums are for sale on their website and everything ships for free). The system has a 2-year warranty.

I am very pleased with the performance of the whole system. The acne brush head is gentle and I noticed an immediate softness and brightening of my skin in the first week of use. I don't have active acne; I bought this on my aesthetician's suggestion since I have skin that gets easily congested with large pores, blackheads, thick oily patches and generally dull skin. Using the Clarisonic has shunk my pores and evened out/refined the grain of my skin.

I like the T timer function; it's not obvious in the instructions in what order it works but you start by applying your brush on your forehead first (20 secs), then it beeps and you move to the nose and chin area (20 secs), then it beeps again for 1 cheek, then beep for the second cheek and you are done. Don't press down on the brush it's meant for light pressure. I focus on areas of thickening and large pores.

I really like the Acne cleanser, it is very gentle and the system gives you 100ml (3.4oz) of product, more than enough to see if it works well for you or not. I do plan on repurchasing the Acne cleanser. I use the Clarisonic with the acne cleanser at night, and in the morning I use Neutrogena grapefruit face wash (also has salicylic acid)

The plastic storage case is not that useful and I will probably end up throwing it out; I'm very glad I bought the Clarisonic barrel bag it has enough room for my Mia 2, my cleanser bottle, the pLink charger, an extra brush head and a tube of moisturizer. Perfect for travel and it looks lovely in my bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2012 6:06:00 PM More reviews by nb55

I don't think the higher price for the Mia2 is worth it for this collection. The cleanser they include is thin that it always gets in my eyes when I am using it for my forehead. I also think the acne brush head has the extra long bristles to make it gentle but they make it challenging to really exfoliate. I have sensitive skin and it is pretty thin as well but the acne brush head just sort of dragged long and the bristle length made it harder to make the little circles the product guide advises you to make.

The deep pore brush head was so much more effective for me & I don't have the "thick, oily skin with large pores" skin type that they say the brush head is for.

Bottom line:

-Mia2 doesn't let you increase the time from 1 to 2 minutes like the new Aria does
-The cleanser is worthless
-The packaging and the Mia2 travel holder (cheap) don't justify the $

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2012 12:49:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this since it launched earlier this year. I have been wanting to get MIA for sometime and when this launched, I was super excited as I do suffer from acne. Not severe but mild to moderate, and was supremely thrilled when this came out. I ordered it and including shipping it was around USD200.00. Yes super expensive, since I dont live in the States.

The Mia that comes with this set is a MIA 2, which comes with a tea timer and adjustable speed. Honestly, the speed option is useless cuz I only ever use the slow speed. but I feel the tea timer helps a lot, so that I know when to move on to a different area of my face while cleansing. The set came with MIA 2, acne clarifying brush and an acne clarifying cleanser which contains Salicylic Acid of 2%. I honestly dont like the brush, I feel that its too soft and doesnt give my face a good clean, and since then have switched to the sensitive brush head. And the cleanser is a pretty basic cleanser that helps a little in controlling break outs.

All in all, does this help vanish all my acne? Well, no. Not an acne miracle tool. This helps especially if you wear make up to get rid of any gunk stuck in pores-and it does help you get clogged free but no, it would not prevent future breakouts, however with the cleanser, it does help reduce the number of acne, but not by much.

It does however help your skin becomes slightly softer and will definitely improve your skin's texture overtime. All in all, I feel that this is an essential tool if you wear make up daily and want to be sure that all make up is cleansed off, but if you dont wear make up and you're looking to buy this thinking it would help eradicate your acne, well this isnt it. Look elsewhere. Nevertheless if you want to get the MIA, I'd suggest getting the MIA 1 OR 2, no need to spend the extra cash on this one, or better yet try Hitachi Hada Crie-and that one I'm in love with!