July 30, 2014 | 1147 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture The Mats Mat No. 202 Rose Crazy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably the most expensive lipstick I have bought so far (cost 25 in the UK) but I was so mystified by the SA who was wearing it, I knew I had to have it. This is a matte lipstick so I was concerned about it drying my lips out - but I needn't of worried. It really doesn't, not even in the slightest. The reviewer before me definitely got it right about it being the same colour as Mac's Beet lipliner - it is the same. They team together so well. On my lips this is a pretty, deep pink. Its stunning. You can't help but feel good when wearing this colour. Wear time is very good too, only needing to top up once during the day but as it does wear off it leaves a pretty stain behind (without going patchy). And what I am most happy about it - it actually stays true to colour on my lips, its doesn't go a red colour which so many deep pinks do. Expensive, yes - but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried on Mat No. 202 Rose Crazy in a department store in London and I fell in love with it because it looked very matte but felt lightweight and quite comfortable AND most of all because it is a dead-on match for the MAC Beet lip pencil which I love and always get compliments on when I wear that lip pencil. I'm an NC45 in MAC and a Butterscotch in Fashion Fair. I haven't bought Rose Crazy yet but I will because I love the MAC Beet lip pencil far too much! But I'm sure this lipstick can look good with the MAC Vino lip pencil also I should imagine.

A while ago I bought Guerlain Rouge G in Gigi which also matches the MAC Beet lip pencil but that formulation is so shiny and that brand has no matte lipsticks at the moment sadly. But Rose Crazy is universally friendly lip color for a multitude of skintones I'm sure and it's bold in a good way, not a scary way.

For people who like to lightly stain their lips with a matte lipstick only, well this lipstick would create a lovely raspberry colored stain I'm quite sure!

PS: The YSL cosmetics sales assistant in that store said that all Rouge Pur and Rouge Pur Shine lipsticks will NOT be discontinued but instead they'll be all repackaged and brought back. But that's only what I heard in London for London I suppose, I don't know the info for other countries at all.