April 19, 2014 | 1546 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Pur Couture The Mats Mat No. 204 Rouge Scandal

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by dundada

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm so glad that YSL finally came out with new lipsticks that are matte because I only love and have the patience with matte lipsticks only these days. I'm an NC45 in MAC and a Butterscotch in Fashion Fair. No. 204 Rouge Scandal looks wonderful on me. In the tube it looks like a lipstick that's blue based with a slight brown base without being a dark red but on me it shows up as a total blue red without looking outlandish or weird.

Rouge Scandal so far doesn't seem to pull pink or fuchsia on me just yet but I always wear red lipstick with lip liners anyway with the exception of MAC Chili lipstick. I bought a MAC Auburn lip pencil at the same time as I bought this lipstick and the two mesh very well together and sort of temper each other on me. The warm brick undertones of that lip pencil prevents any possible fuchsia-fication! But I did try on Rouge Scandal a week before I bought it without any lip liner on and it never seemed to pull fuchsia and it lasted a long time on too.

The best news is that this new YSL matte formulation doesn't seem to dry out or chap my lips and it feel lightweight. I also don't notice any scent accompanying it when I wear it either. I love the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick I have called La Somptueuse and it feels great when I first apply it but even if my lips don't feel chapped and dry wearing that lipstick, at the end of the work day they certainly LOOK chapped and patchy, which is a shame for such a pretty autumnal red color.

I bought the original Rouge Pur Couture in Rouge Feu when they first came out and that is a beautiful color and comfortable but too shiny when I much prefer matte lipsticks. I tested Rouge Scandal today by eating thick hot chunky soup and to be honest it lasted through 10 bites even if it never held out through to the end! LOL I was wearing a bit of the MAC Auburn lip pencil with it though but only on the outline of my lips. I recommend it highly so far anyway and it's probably longer lasting because it's a matte lipstick.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No