October 23, 2014 | 1873 users online

Cleansers - Skin79 - Smart Clear Deep Cleansing Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2013 6:25:00 AM More reviews by mccal37

First off, I have never used any other oil cleansers so I have nothing to compare this to. This product is ok - I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. The consistency of the oil is nice and light, and it has a nice fragrance (albeit a little too strong for me).I find it is quite a drying oil, so I always need to moisturize after using it. My biggest issue is it stings my eyes, so I don't like using it for removing eye makeup. I use Lancome Bi-facil instead, which does not sting in the slightest. I would like to try out the DHC or the Kose cleansing oils so I probably won't purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by ouija

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used (and loved!) DHC Cleansing Oil for years so when I was poking around the Skin79 website and saw this product I was immediately intrigued. My favorite thing about Skin79 products is the copy on the packaging. This one says it will "purify unnecessary wastes". Not only that, it also "gently removes point makeup". ??? Anyway - bottom line - this is a pretty awesome cleanser. I used about 5 pumps which was the perfect amount. It's a much lighter consistency than DHC...more like water than oil. Once it touched my (dry - not wet) face it felt slick and slippery and distributed well. After I smooshed it around I added a bit of water and it sort of foamed like a regular cleanser. It removed every bit of makeup - even my mascara and Revlon ColorStay Liner - and I was impressed! Not sure if it purified all my unnecessary wastes or not, but my face felt smooth and soft, not a bit tight or dry. I took away one star because I got a little in my eye and it felt a bit uncomfortable, but I am a very aggressive face-washer. Next time I'll be more careful. I will definitely buy this product again...after all...I don't want to go to bed with any trace of point makeup left on my skin!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No