September 20, 2014 | 1692 users online

Palettes - Tarte - Call of the Wild Palette 2012

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by cairn_chick

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Maybe it's me, but I don't find Tarte eye shadows to be pigmented. I also find them to be chalky. Love the lip stains but NOT the eye products. This one is getting filed in the circular file. Waste of $$.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by harls321

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this palette! I reach for this more than any other palette including my UD. My favorites are the first 5 eyeshadows, especially the shade called Wild (burgundy brown). You can do a soft day look or smoky look. I even use my fingers to apply if I am in a pinch since the texture of these shadows are so silky smooth. Some shades are matte and some have a soft shimmer. I may consider purchasing a back up I love it so much and I rarely ever do that.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by swooz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this while on the hunt for the HG work with a little oompf eyeshadow. With my fair skin, green eyes, and dark blonde hair, these colors work very well. I especially like Jungle, a brown shimmer, and Wild, a maroon/burgundy shimmer. Online in pictures, these do not look shimmery and in person they look like a twelve year old-girl's sparkle adventure, but they go on smoothly and look smokey versus sparkley. Meow, a gold shimmer, is nice, but doesn't do much for me. I don't want to go through the whole lid/crease/brow application combo. The shimmer colors do a nice job a playing with the light to create shadow in light for some like me who doesn't have the time to do a full shadow application. I haven't tried the matte colors yet; they are very matte, but I'm very happy with the pallette overall. I'd repurchase Jungle and Wild if they were sold seperately. Wish the palette came with a bush or room to stash one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love the animal print packaging and the colors are gorgeous. Tarte is always hit or miss for me. I found the matte shadows to be muddy and chalky. The lighter colors were not pigmented enough.These shadows flaked into my eyes. I much prefer eyeshadows that are finely milled, silky smooth like Estee Lauder and Flirt eyeshadows. But, if you are a Tarte fan, you will definitely enjoy this palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this when it was first aired on QVC and now I see that it's available at other retailers. I love it!! I have returned other Tarte palettes, only because I found the shadows too similar to other Tarte palettes that I already own. I didn't have that complaint with this one! You get 6 full size (0.09 oz) eyeshadows as well as two slightly larger shadows (0.10 oz) that serve more as base colors.

You get (left to right): a gold shimmer, brown shimmer, peach satin, cream shimmer, burgandy shimmer, a cement gray matte, deep green matte, and a navy matte. I was a little iffy since I usually can't wear colors like those on the right side of the palette, but these I can do. Perhaps it's because they are matte rather than screaming SILVER FROSTY EYESHADOW!! :)

I was disappointed that this kit did not come with a double ended brush like Tarte's other palettes. I love their brushes! But the disappointment wasn't enough to deter me from purchasing.

Favorite color? The burgandy shade - it is one of those luxurious brown/burgandies like Stila's Barefoot Contessa or MAC Twinks. Today I'm wearing it on the lid, with the gold blending out the crease and the peach satin on the browbone.