Tarte Call of the Wild Palette 2012

3.6

on 6/8/2013 11:08:00 PM

Maybe it's me, but I don't find Tarte eye shadows to be pigmented. I also find them to be chalky. Love the lip stains but NOT the eye products. This one is getting filed in the circular file. Waste of $$.

on 2/11/2013 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this palette! I reach for this more than any other palette including my UD. My favorites are the first 5 eyeshadows, especially the shade called Wild (burgundy brown). You can do a soft day look or smoky look. I even use my fingers to apply if I am in a pinch since the texture of these shadows are so silky smooth. Some shades are matte and some have a soft shimmer. I may consider purchasing a back up I love it so much and I rarely ever do that.

on 1/11/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this while on the hunt for the HG work with a little oompf eyeshadow. With my fair skin, green eyes, and dark blonde hair, these colors work very well. I especially like Jungle, a brown shimmer, and Wild, a maroon/burgundy shimmer. Online in pictures, these do not look shimmery and in person they look like a twelve year old-girl's sparkle adventure, but they go on smoothly and look smokey versus sparkley. Meow, a gold shimmer, is nice, but doesn't do much for me. I don't want to go through the whole lid/crease/brow application combo. The shimmer colors do a nice job a playing with the light to create shadow in light for some like me who doesn't have the time to do a full shadow application. I haven't tried the matte colors yet; they are very matte, but I'm very happy with the pallette overall. I'd repurchase Jungle and Wild if they were sold seperately. Wish the palette came with a bush or room to stash one.

on 8/30/2012 7:40:00 PM

Love the animal print packaging and the colors are gorgeous. Tarte is always hit or miss for me. I found the matte shadows to be muddy and chalky. The lighter colors were not pigmented enough.These shadows flaked into my eyes. I much prefer eyeshadows that are finely milled, silky smooth like Estee Lauder and Flirt eyeshadows. But, if you are a Tarte fan, you will definitely enjoy this palette.

on 8/21/2012 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this when it was first aired on QVC and now I see that it's available at other retailers. I love it!! I have returned other Tarte palettes, only because I found the shadows too similar to other Tarte palettes that I already own. I didn't have that complaint with this one! You get 6 full size (0.09 oz) eyeshadows as well as two slightly larger shadows (0.10 oz) that serve more as base colors.

You get (left to right): a gold shimmer, brown shimmer, peach satin, cream shimmer, burgandy shimmer, a cement gray matte, deep green matte, and a navy matte. I was a little iffy since I usually can't wear colors like those on the right side of the palette, but these I can do. Perhaps it's because they are matte rather than screaming SILVER FROSTY EYESHADOW!! :)

I was disappointed that this kit did not come with a double ended brush like Tarte's other palettes. I love their brushes! But the disappointment wasn't enough to deter me from purchasing.

Favorite color? The burgandy shade - it is one of those luxurious brown/burgandies like Stila's Barefoot Contessa or MAC Twinks. Today I'm wearing it on the lid, with the gold blending out the crease and the peach satin on the browbone.

Popular Palettes