La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Cream

3.5

Algae (Seaweed) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Distearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Cholesterol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter), Steareth-10, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Polysilicone-11, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sodium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder, Water/Aqua/Eau, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Peel Extract, Laminaria Digitata Extract, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Plankton Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Glycerin, Caffeine, Sea Salt/Maris Sal/Sel Marin, Micrococcus Lysate, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Adenosine Phosphate, Creatine, Hydrolyzed Algin, Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Sucrose, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Glucose Oxidase, Polyacrylamide, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Glucose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Glycosaminoglycans, Urea, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Dipalmitoyl Hydroxyproline, Sodium Hyaluronate, Laureth-7, Lecithin, Trehalose, Polyquaternium-51, Lactoperoxidase, Hydroxyplopyl Cyclodextrin, Cyanocobalamin, Pentylene Glycol, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, BHT, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Linalool, Limonene, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I used to use the regular creme de la mer formula till this came out. I like it better because it's lighter but still has the same moisturizing qualities. Soooo pricey but it really makes my skin soft and radiant.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My sister generously got me this cream for my birthday (I was as surprised as anyone - wow!). It smells as divine as you would expect a La Mer product to smell, light and fresh.

I use the applicator to put a pistachio-sized dollop on my fingertips, warm the cream up a bit, and then apply it to the face. It goes on smoothly and leaves behind a dewy finish that leaves my skin feeling nourished. In the summer, right after applying my skin felt a little greasy, but only slightly so. Now that we are in the cooler months it does not feel greasy at all, and I am curious to see how the cream will withhold the Canadian winter.

So far it seems that not a lot is required to cover the whole face, thus I think that it lasts for quite a while (I have the smallest jar size). However, I am not sure that I will repurchase after I finish it. The price is just waaaay too steep. But if you have fairly normal to slightly-dry skin, and can afford to treat yo self, I would recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I buy this product so long as I can afford it. I use a combination of derm grade products, natural products and even drug store products but this stuff always moisturizes my skin and leaves it so healthy. I buy it when I can you only need a little bit. But worth the investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in normal to dry with no skin issues, no acne, etc.
I don't care for this when compared to the original CDLM. I got a sample of this with my full size CDLM.
The soft creme is easier to spread. But to me it's greasier and takes longer to absorb. As far as moisturizing, I think both perform the same. But I prefer the original because the afterfeel is less greasy and it sinks in better. I don't think the soft creme is geared towards oily or clog prone skin.
As for all La Mer products, the price is ridiculous. And you can't get the 15ml version, only the larger sizes. Not a fan of cream moisturizers, so I'm pretty picky and will absolutely stop using something if it doesn't completely fit.

Ok, I'm 50+ and have tried every creme and I wanted to try this very expensive creme La Mer. Totally disappointed, just like every other creme in CVS. In fact L'Oreal Paris Revita-Lift Anti-Wrinkle + Firming Night Cream is much better and for the fraction of the cost $13.97 opposed to 0.5 oz $85.00. Don't waste your money, please please don't do it!

This has a much more workable consistency than the original cream, which I have also used. Sadly, it did not live up to the hype for me. I used an entire container virtually every day and I was less than impressed. It certainly moisturises the skin but so do many other far less expensive creams. On the plus side, it works really well around the eyes and smells great. But I did not find that it improved firmness nor did it reduce pores. Perhaps La Mer is more effective on mature skin? Either way, I do not plan on buying it again.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Spent over 300 dollars on this cream. Did nothing but break me out, real bad. Has mineral oil in it. Definitely not worth the hype or price. Luckily Nordstrom has a great return policy. Returned it and got a full refund back. Staying far away from la mer as possible.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have been using la mer soft creme on and off for over 6 mths now due to I have a purging process from the product. But after I tried again for over 1 mth now the product reduce the appearance of my acne scar and it also calm and soothe my skin. I will definitely purchase again after I've run out of it. Love it!

CAUTION if you have allergies! Like a few other reviewers, I found this expensive cream has eucalyptus in it to which I am highly allergic. Within minutes after applying, my face turned bright red and began burning. It took prescription cream to return my skin to normal.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.