October 22, 2014 | 1121 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - The Moisturizing Soft Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by chicinc

I have been using la mer soft creme on and off for over 6 mths now due to I have a purging process from the product. But after I tried again for over 1 mth now the product reduce the appearance of my acne scar and it also calm and soothe my skin. I will definitely purchase again after I've run out of it. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by scarletcinnabar

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

CAUTION if you have allergies! Like a few other reviewers, I found this expensive cream has eucalyptus in it to which I am highly allergic. Within minutes after applying, my face turned bright red and began burning. It took prescription cream to return my skin to normal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tried the original La Mer cream about eight years ago and it actually dried my skin out so it was with much hesitation that I tried the soft cream. I just finished chemotherapy and that really messes up your skin! Desperate to regain some moisture, I caved in and purchased the soft cream. YES - there really is a miracle in this cream. It may not have worked for my normal dry skin but for chemo skin - a true miracle exists here! It's definitely a regenerating cream and after about a week, my skin began to look moist, dry patches disappeared and my foundation went on 150% better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I've really got to laugh at the claims of this cream. Believe me it does nothing.I'm 57 and got into skincare in my early twenties.Yes I've aged ,but this is one of the worst anti aging creams I've come across.It contains irritants like eucalyptus and lime. Eucalyptus oil is one of the most irritating fragrant oils there is, even in small amounts, yet this expensive product contains it. And it's fragranced.It will moisturise but so will hundreds of drugstore products at a fraction of the price.Any goodness in this cream and to be fair it does contain some beneficial ingredients.But they are wasted thanks to the jar packaging.These ingredients must be protected from air and light to be effective.If you need a basic moisturiser(because that's all this is) try the drug store. I could write the same review for the original La Mer.Honestly people, please save your money this is SO not worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by SG93

Purchased this product christmas 2013. Overall very satisfied. I have quite young skin, I was suffering from a rash that left my skin dry, red and irritated. I needed something to apply to my skin to give it lots of hydration and moisture without being too heavy. I found the soft cream perfect for my slightly acne prone skin.

Yes it is a little pricy, yet I feel this really gives my skin the best skin tone possible without any breakouts. It hydrates very well and leaves my skin looking plump and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KatC1313

I purchased the soft cream about two months ago. I have combination skin that is also very sensitive, so I was VERY hesitant to try something new. For the first 2-3 weeks I thought it was amazing. I had a small acne scar on my face and after the first application it had noticeably diminished. However, now 2 months in, I am having MAJOR breakouts!! Prior to using this product, it was very rare for me to have any acne... At most I might have had 1 or 2 tiny pimples once a month. Now I am getting huge cystic acne that refuses to go away and is leaving scars. Once one zit goes away, three more pop up. I am thinking about switching to the moisturizing gel to see if that helps. I will definitely be discontinuing the use of the soft cream!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Works great as a night time moisturiser for oily skin! Ive been using this in the day for winter but for summer this will go back as my night cream. This is a lighter version of the original which i also love but still hydrates enough. Calms my redness and i can see a visible effect on my skin! I have oily skin and don't find this heavy when used at night! Will continue to repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ssnyder324

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No