April 19, 2014 | 1361 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - The Moisturizing Soft Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by beautysnob

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to use the moisturizing lotion before La Mer launched their soft cream. I use this during the day and I love how it's in a jar and not a pump dispenser. I get to see how much product I have left and will last longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:20:00 AM More reviews by SG93

Purchased this product christmas 2013. Overall very satisfied. I have quite young skin, I was suffering from a rash that left my skin dry, red and irritated. I needed something to apply to my skin to give it lots of hydration and moisture without being too heavy. I found the soft cream perfect for my slightly acne prone skin.

Yes it is a little pricy, yet I feel this really gives my skin the best skin tone possible without any breakouts. It hydrates very well and leaves my skin looking plump and soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KatC1313

I purchased the soft cream about two months ago. I have combination skin that is also very sensitive, so I was VERY hesitant to try something new. For the first 2-3 weeks I thought it was amazing. I had a small acne scar on my face and after the first application it had noticeably diminished. However, now 2 months in, I am having MAJOR breakouts!! Prior to using this product, it was very rare for me to have any acne... At most I might have had 1 or 2 tiny pimples once a month. Now I am getting huge cystic acne that refuses to go away and is leaving scars. Once one zit goes away, three more pop up. I am thinking about switching to the moisturizing gel to see if that helps. I will definitely be discontinuing the use of the soft cream!!! VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 1:52:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! Works great as a night time moisturiser for oily skin! Ive been using this in the day for winter but for summer this will go back as my night cream. This is a lighter version of the original which i also love but still hydrates enough. Calms my redness and i can see a visible effect on my skin! I have oily skin and don't find this heavy when used at night! Will continue to repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by ssnyder324

I am incredibly oily and use various products to deal with large pores and acne. Unfortunately, I feel like I need a heavier moisturizer at night to combat the lines and wrinkles that come with age, not to mention the surface flakiness I get from from using Retin-A...I received a sample of this soft cream and started using it at night after applying topical acne meds or serums. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my skin would be soft in the morning, my pores felt tightened and less clogged than normal. I have tried various night creams made by: Avon, Oil of Olay, Fresh, Korres, NUDE, Amore Pacific, Algenist, Clarins, Dior, First Aid Beauty, Sunday Riley, Peter Thomas Roth, Boscia, Bare Minerals, Caudalie, Murad, Ole Heinricksen and Philosophy--They all either clogged my pores or caused blemishes. This La Mer product has been the best for me...So far, the only drawback is the price. But, the ladies at the LM counter at Nordstrom are very generous with samples and a little goes a long way. This is too heavy to be my day-time moisturizer, but it is perfect for bed time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 5:04:00 PM More reviews by linet182

Man, oh man... I tried for so long to avoid this stuff because of the price, and I was afraid I would like it...but finally gave in and decided to give it a try. I LOVE this stuff. I didn't want to develop a $160.00 a month habit, but this stuff really helped me a lot with my dry patches and some dark spots. It really helps refresh my skin. You only need a small amount of it so you don't run out too quickly. I tried the thicker cream, but didn't like consistency and didn't feel like it went on smoothly. This stuff really is worth it if you have the money to splurge.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:12:00 AM More reviews by RENAYAS

I have been using this cream for a week now, day and night. I absolutely lev it.

My skin is glowing, more hydrated, pores look smaller and skin is super plump and soft.

I have used all the top end brands, La prairie, Estée Lauder, bionova, lancome, revive and many more including creams with peptides growth factors etc etc... this works better than all of them and has no side affects.....

this along with By terry products are the only products I find make a real difference...

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

I really wanted to like this cream! I wanted to buy into the cult of La Mer. I liked this cream but wasn't entirely amazed. It is meant to be the softer version of the cult classic, but I found this cream to be very rich and thick, which left me so confused - if THIS is the lighter version, how can people be using the classic? Aside from this, I found it to be very hydrating and made my skin feel very supple, but for NZ$300 for a 30ml jar? No thank you. You can find a product with similar moisturising benefits for a fraction of the price. Nice cream but not for that price.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kaq009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This past winter really taught me a lot about skincare. I've always been one of those people who had great skin without much effort. I've been very lucky but I guess my luck had run out. I didn't know that you were supposed to change your skincare routine with the seasons - I was using the exact same moisturizer, cleanser and night cream all throughout the year! This was never a problem until last year. Now that I'm in my 30s, my skin can no longer keep up with the seasons without help. My skin got so dry this winter - it started flaking. This has never happened to me before even on days that I didn't wear moisturizer. I always thought of La Mer as this miracle cream that would solve all of your skincare problems. So I ran to the nearest Holt Renfrew to me and went to the La Mer counter. I told the SA all of my issues and she looked at my face through that cosmetic magnifying glass thing and she said that I didn't need the regular La Mer but the Moisturizing Soft Cream. So I purchased it and immediately started using it. It worked well at first - you only need a little of it. I love the packaging - its gorgeous. The smell is amazing and I love the little spatula it came with. At first I was only using it as a night cream since it didn't have any spf. The dryness went away but then came back. So I started using it morning and night and used a Clinique sunscreen on top. It works well when used twice a day. However, using it twice a day means you run out of product faster (duh). Now I know that I should've researched more about other products instead of going straight to La Mer but in a way, I'm glad that I did because now I know that La Mer is just like any other brand. I guess if it works for you and you have the money to shell out for it, then great. But for me, it doesn't quite cut it. There's nothing wrong with it - its just less than what I was expecting. And I do feel that if I use the regular La Mer, it would be too rich for me. So overall, I will not be repurchasing.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have combination sensitive skin. The texture of this is much lighter than the original, almost fluid like and is very easy to spread. However, it made my skin look very shiny, yet at the same time it felt slightly dehydrated too (tight) I also found it not very soothing, and seemed to make any red patches on my face more irritated. I am sending this back. I also had a terrible reaction to their cleansing fluid so I will be staying far away from this line in future.