July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Styling Products - Miss Jessie's - Pillow Soft Curls

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:15:00 AM More reviews by ashlyndmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product was decent. I loved the fabric softener smell. Be careful though, if too much is used your hair will get crusty and weighed down. A little goes a long way. I'm not sure if I would repurchase because I'm wasn't super impressed. Basically its a nice product but I can find similar for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

HG product for my naturally wavy hair! Omg I seriously love this stuff! After showering, I put it on my towel dried hair, scrunch it all over, and twist it up into a high bun and sleep with it. When I wake up, I have beautiful, frizz free waves! I have to hand it to this product- it's unlike anything I've ever tried before! It's an actual lotion, not a gel or a mousse, and I swear it makes the straight pieces in the front of my hair waiver so it looks more even all around! Plus I love the smell, it reminds me of laundry detergent! It's a little pricey but I don't mind paying more since it's so awesome! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by sophiaclaarke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I am mixed (mom from spain dad guyanese) and I have nnaturallypoofy curls and this is the first product I've ever used that tamed my mane! It makes your curls very defined and doesn't leave that crunchy hard feeling the hold is great too especially in humidity..I'm all for this product & got it on sale 40% off..DEFINITLEY reccomend to mixed girls :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by Bellebeauty12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So, I'm a white girl with one day a little way, one day a little straight hair (naturally). This stuff, is so amazing. It makes my hair look like how it looks by the end of the day with a wand (soft, tiny waves with a hint of curls). I found that if you put more water, you'll have more soft beach waves. If you put less water, you'll have more soft, barely defined curls... GORGEOUS! This really would be a 4 and 1/2 stars, but I can't put that. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It smells very faintly of baby powder? I don't find it that unpleasant, I just don't want to smell like baby powder. The packaging is cute, but nothing too fancy. It comes in a large bottle, probably because they suggest you put a lot of product in your hair at the time (which I don't, so this will most likely last FOREVER!) This is perfect for when I'm having a bad hair day. I always do new and exciting braids and pretty hair styles everyday, but sometimes my hair just won't cooperate. With this, I can just wet my hair lightly, apply this magic, and go!!! I have ombre hair, and I find curls and waves look best with it. I don't want to use heat everyday with a wand or curling iron, so this is perfect!!! Love it! It's a must buy for all types of hair!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Bela330

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 3c curly hair as a result of ma parents interracial union (B&w) so unlike most of the ladies here, I HAAAVE curly hair hahah. I'm currently transitioning and in search of the perfect leave in after 4 years of flat ironing and blow drying! I love the packaging, it calls so much attention to the product! I found the scent of the product SO over powering though, it smells good... exactly like laundry detergent (fresh linen), it made me a little nauseous. the consistency is reasonable for a leave in and similar to the mixed chicks leave-in (like the texture of the product) . My hair IS soft after i apply it, however i think all the chemicals in it end up making my hair curlier than it is with other products. after 2-3 hours my hair gets alot of frizzies though so you should apply a gel after this product dries off in your hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by mulletoftruth

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I probably should have read up on this product before I bought it, but my aunt has been raving about it so I snapped up a tube during a recent online sale at the Miss Jessie's website.

This is for people who want a "fluffy soft curl." For me, this meant fluffy, poufy, and frizzy with no curl definition whatsoever. The real issue, though, is that not only does it not make my hair soft, it actually makes it feel kind of rough and starchy - the opposite of soft, and hard to run my fingers through it (which is crucial since I usually wear it up in a ponytail.) This effect is even more noticeable the next day. I had massive flyaways, a big frizzy poff ball on my head, and hair that's very coarse.

I have curly caucasian hair that's porous but not particularly coarse; it's fine but densely packed. This product actually made my hair look worse than it would have with no product in it at all. My go-to post-wash hair softening product/defrrizzer/curl activator is Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (lite or regular). Needless to say, I won't be switching over to Miss Jessie.

I guess I should have been dubious about this stuff from the get-go since the person who recommended it to me has fluffy, poufy, frizzy hair with no curl definition. Just sayin'.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:36:00 PM More reviews by eeb01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

*Update after using about 5 months: After using up the 2 free samples Miss Jessie's sent me (w/out a purchase; pretty cool) I purchased the full size of this. After reading up on styling curly hair correctly, I've found that I get excellent results from this if I apply it to practically soaking wet hair. This always sounded weird to me, but it works. After washing & conditioning, I "pat" my hair with a microfiber towel so it's no longer dripping wet, but still totally soaked with water. Then I apply this product and let it air dry. I really like this stuff.

I am prone to migraines and for this reason can't tolerate Carol's Daughter products (even though she's got some good products) because they are all so HEAVILY scented. This product from Miss Jessie has never triggered a headache for me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Tovah

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am loving Pillow Soft Curls! Sometimes I get tired of wearing the same two basic curly styles: 1. Yay! My curls are holding definition today. -or- 2. No, I did not just get electrocuted.

Pillow Soft Curls gives me "bigger" curls - just like it says. Instead of sharpie-sized spirals I get bigger, softer curls, and my canopy has swirls and waves. This lotion is very concentrated and the tube is huge! A little goes a long way. The fragrance of this does remind me of fabric softener, which works perfectly for me. I wash my hair at night, apply my Pillow Soft Curls, and it smells like I'm in crisp, freshly laundered sheets. It's very relaxing. One warning - be careful not to over-apply. I'm used to using a LOT of product, and the first night I applied this I put in too much. My husband had an allergy attack during the night, and accused me of "bathing in perfume". (Perhaps it was a psychosomatic rebellion on my part to having to put up with his snoring like a howler monkey all night long.) When I use a small amount of lotion in my wet hair, he does not appear endangered, nor does he complain about the scent. This has good hold, but it's not great at keeping frizz away. I add a little Ouidad Climate Control Gel as needed. Pillow Soft Curls is also not good for second day hair, because it's so moisturizing. I am enjoying the comforting fragrance, and the ability to have shiny bouncy curls with NO CRUNCH!

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Laladollx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE How the Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls made my curls feel and look! So Soft and defined! I had gotten a sample packet just because it looked pretty and I liked the name "Pillow of Soft Curls" So I had to give it a try. I can have loose curls, loosely defined curls and sometime semi-wavy hair, just depending on the day, weather, hormones, or the products I use in my hair. As Stated on the website this is the softest hold so I apply this with a holding product if I want the effect to last longer. I don't mind the smell, I kind of like it, It smells like laundry detergent Lol. A Little definitely goes a long way. This product does do what it is said to do, I have expanded curls and they look and feel silky as ever! I plan on purchasing a big bottle soon once they have a good sale going on. I like the one they had for 50% off plus free shipping, what a steal! Of course at the same time I didn't have any money on my card. But It's worth it. Give it a try (;

XoXo,
Asia

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by princess2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls! I ordered the free samples from the website and also received them in my Birchbox this month. Between the samples I have been using this product about a month. I have medium size natural curls that can be frizzy and dry. Pillow Curls make them springy and not frizzy. A little goes a long way. It doesn't make my hair crunchy at all! It does smell a bit like fabric softener but that's a PLUS for me because I adore that scent! I've been looking forever to find a holy grail hair styling cream and I think I've finally found it with this product. My only con is that I wish it were cheaper, but it's worth it for frizz free curls.