Miss Jessie's Pillow Soft Curls

3.9

Water (Aqua), Emulsifying Wax NF, Glycerin, Amodimethicone, Behentrimonium Chloride, Methyl Gluceth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Blue 1 (CI 42090), Fragrance (Parfum), Limonene, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Citric Acid, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Linalool, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Hydroxycitronellal, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Equisetum Arvense Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Agave Americana Leaf Extract

on 2/27/2015 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm mixed and my curls are somewhere between a 3B and a 3C. I bought this product to use in place of Shea Moisture's Curl & Style Milk. I've been using it for about a week and I think it delivers soft, loose curls as promised. My hair feels like a collection of individual curls instead of just a mass of frizz. I scrunch a generous amount into my hair before plopping for best results. I'd recommend it only to people with hair that already has a good amount of curl as there's not much hold to this product, it mostly works with the curl you already have as opposed to making it curlier.

on 10/19/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

great because it smells wonderful and doesn't make hair crunch buy keeps curls frizz free with wonderful hold. my favorite curly hair product so far.

on 8/6/2014 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love Pillow Soft Curls. As with most products, you get best results if you apply the right technique. I found that on my 3a-3b hair, this works best in combination with a leave-in conditioner, and a light oil (basically LOC method). After applying the leave-in, I put jojoba oil just on my ends so that my hair is not to greasy. Then apply the PSC in sections, raking it through and scrunching along the way. At this point my hair is still soaking wet. A little goes a long way and using too much leads to disaster (plus this stuff is pricey, so better to use less!). Like another reviewer, I did not experience the "clump" that Miss Jessie's promises with this product. I basically have to clump the curls I want to be bigger with my fingers (by gently combining thinner curls together), but the product works well and with a little manipulation, I got big curls. I then gently blot my hair with a t-shirt and then diffuse and/or air dry. A little bit a fluffing is all that is needed and the results are fantastic.

on 3/27/2014 3:15:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This product was decent. I loved the fabric softener smell. Be careful though, if too much is used your hair will get crusty and weighed down. A little goes a long way. I'm not sure if I would repurchase because I'm wasn't super impressed. Basically its a nice product but I can find similar for cheaper.

on 3/8/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG product for my naturally wavy hair! Omg I seriously love this stuff! After showering, I put it on my towel dried hair, scrunch it all over, and twist it up into a high bun and sleep with it. When I wake up, I have beautiful, frizz free waves! I have to hand it to this product- it's unlike anything I've ever tried before! It's an actual lotion, not a gel or a mousse, and I swear it makes the straight pieces in the front of my hair waiver so it looks more even all around! Plus I love the smell, it reminds me of laundry detergent! It's a little pricey but I don't mind paying more since it's so awesome! Highly recommend!

on 12/30/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

So I am mixed (mom from spain dad guyanese) and I have nnaturallypoofy curls and this is the first product I've ever used that tamed my mane! It makes your curls very defined and doesn't leave that crunchy hard feeling the hold is great too especially in humidity..I'm all for this product & got it on sale 40% off..DEFINITLEY reccomend to mixed girls :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So, I'm a white girl with one day a little way, one day a little straight hair (naturally). This stuff, is so amazing. It makes my hair look like how it looks by the end of the day with a wand (soft, tiny waves with a hint of curls). I found that if you put more water, you'll have more soft beach waves. If you put less water, you'll have more soft, barely defined curls... GORGEOUS! This really would be a 4 and 1/2 stars, but I can't put that. The only thing I don't like is the smell. It smells very faintly of baby powder? I don't find it that unpleasant, I just don't want to smell like baby powder. The packaging is cute, but nothing too fancy. It comes in a large bottle, probably because they suggest you put a lot of product in your hair at the time (which I don't, so this will most likely last FOREVER!) This is perfect for when I'm having a bad hair day. I always do new and exciting braids and pretty hair styles everyday, but sometimes my hair just won't cooperate. With this, I can just wet my hair lightly, apply this magic, and go!!! I have ombre hair, and I find curls and waves look best with it. I don't want to use heat everyday with a wand or curling iron, so this is perfect!!! Love it! It's a must buy for all types of hair!

on 9/13/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have 3c curly hair as a result of ma parents interracial union (B&w) so unlike most of the ladies here, I HAAAVE curly hair hahah. I'm currently transitioning and in search of the perfect leave in after 4 years of flat ironing and blow drying! I love the packaging, it calls so much attention to the product! I found the scent of the product SO over powering though, it smells good... exactly like laundry detergent (fresh linen), it made me a little nauseous. the consistency is reasonable for a leave in and similar to the mixed chicks leave-in (like the texture of the product) . My hair IS soft after i apply it, however i think all the chemicals in it end up making my hair curlier than it is with other products. after 2-3 hours my hair gets alot of frizzies though so you should apply a gel after this product dries off in your hair.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I probably should have read up on this product before I bought it, but my aunt has been raving about it so I snapped up a tube during a recent online sale at the Miss Jessie's website.

This is for people who want a "fluffy soft curl." For me, this meant fluffy, poufy, and frizzy with no curl definition whatsoever. The real issue, though, is that not only does it not make my hair soft, it actually makes it feel kind of rough and starchy - the opposite of soft, and hard to run my fingers through it (which is crucial since I usually wear it up in a ponytail.) This effect is even more noticeable the next day. I had massive flyaways, a big frizzy poff ball on my head, and hair that's very coarse.

I have curly caucasian hair that's porous but not particularly coarse; it's fine but densely packed. This product actually made my hair look worse than it would have with no product in it at all. My go-to post-wash hair softening product/defrrizzer/curl activator is Carol's Daughter Hair Milk (lite or regular). Needless to say, I won't be switching over to Miss Jessie.

I guess I should have been dubious about this stuff from the get-go since the person who recommended it to me has fluffy, poufy, frizzy hair with no curl definition. Just sayin'.

on 1/21/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

*Update after using about 5 months: After using up the 2 free samples Miss Jessie's sent me (w/out a purchase; pretty cool) I purchased the full size of this. After reading up on styling curly hair correctly, I've found that I get excellent results from this if I apply it to practically soaking wet hair. This always sounded weird to me, but it works. After washing & conditioning, I "pat" my hair with a microfiber towel so it's no longer dripping wet, but still totally soaked with water. Then I apply this product and let it air dry. I really like this stuff.

I am prone to migraines and for this reason can't tolerate Carol's Daughter products (even though she's got some good products) because they are all so HEAVILY scented. This product from Miss Jessie has never triggered a headache for me.

Popular Styling Products